Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537751 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #5225 on: April 12, 2016, 10:40:19 PM »
At least you saw it on a discount tuesday.

I told everyone to just wait for the DVD release... it might not fix the movie, but if you are going to sit through it only once... it might as well be the full version of the movie, so that there are no longer any excuses as to why it turned out the way it did.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5226 on: April 13, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »
Zootopia
8/10
Great Movie has all the Clichés and References of a Cop Movie but in a fun kid-friendly environment. There were big Godfather and Breaking Bad References in the movie.

The Movie is mostly Clichés but it pulls it of really well.
Made you look ****.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: April 14, 2016, 06:09:32 PM »
At least you saw it on a discount tuesday.

I told everyone to just wait for the DVD release... it might not fix the movie, but if you are going to sit through it only once... it might as well be the full version of the movie, so that there are no longer any excuses as to why it turned out the way it did.
I saw a matinee on Saturday morning so I only paid $6.75 for my ticket. I've been angry about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice since, and still feel like I wasted money on it. My brother hasn't seen it and I was going to wait for the rated R extended version, but I was so curious. Mistakes were made.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: April 14, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »
Darn, you should have gone to best buy and bought a copy of the dark knight, or one of the other DC movies that came with $8 off your ticket.

BVS is not as bad as Aidyn Chronicles.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: April 14, 2016, 07:10:13 PM »
Darn, you should have gone to best buy and bought a copy of the dark knight, or one of the other DC movies that came with $8 off your ticket.
I still would have felt like I overpaid.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: April 14, 2016, 11:52:08 PM »
Got into the Civil War early screening.
Captain America: Civil War is the best realization of characters to the screen since the Dark Knight or the Avengers. It's also a contender for best Comic book movie of all time and a shoo in for movie of the year. The film has a ton of spectacle, but still finds time to slow down the pace even amidst action to give small character moments and have the cast play off each other. The thing is through the pessimistic and malevolent tones that comes with a superhero War, the movie is able to find spots of hope and enjoyment throughout, by small and sometime large doses of humor to contrast the seriousness of the situation, with out undermining the ongoing conflict. Newcomers Spider-man and Black Panther are given the respect they serve and have full character arcs that firmly establish them in the MCU while taking a direct inspiration from the pages of the 616. Other characters are given ample time and you see an evolution from where we last saw them in previous movies in the universe. Despite this all star cast this is firmly a Captain America film and Steve Rogers is at the heart and soul of not only the film, but the Superhuman community. If I had to give the movie a rating it's a pure 5/5
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: April 15, 2016, 12:52:19 AM »

As if I wasn't already HYPED to see this, I just hope that every other studio takes notes of the MCU when they attempt their own Cinematic Universes.

Create something that is fun to watch, respects the source material, is coherent in it's storytelling, develops the characters, and actually has a plotted path along the long form story telling you are attempting to achieve.

and this isn't directed at just WB/DC but also Universal w/ their upcoming Cinematic Monster Movieverse. You don't have to do it like Marvel, just follow the outline above, and I'm sure you'll find your audience.

but back to Civil War.... 3 fucking weeks.... spoliers are gonna be hard to avoid when I can't stop reading peoples impressions all over the internet.

One question Shinji, and no spoilers please.
How relevant was the post credit scene to a potential future moment or movie?
actually, don't answer that... I don't need to know anymore about this movie than I already do.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:56:37 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: April 15, 2016, 02:42:02 AM »
I'm with you on spoilers and hype. Can't keep away from news and I'm worried I'll find out who dies. But it does sound like everything we hoped it would be.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: April 15, 2016, 03:11:27 AM »
I won't spoil it when i see it in 2 weeks ;)

Annoyingly Cineworld isn't giving an early showing of this to unlimited members (mainly because they know it will sell out immediately) so i have to catch it as early as i can.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: April 15, 2016, 08:22:44 AM »

As if I wasn't already HYPED to see this, I just hope that every other studio takes notes of the MCU when they attempt their own Cinematic Universes.

Create something that is fun to watch, respects the source material, is coherent in it's storytelling, develops the characters, and actually has a plotted path along the long form story telling you are attempting to achieve.

and this isn't directed at just WB/DC but also Universal w/ their upcoming Cinematic Monster Movieverse. You don't have to do it like Marvel, just follow the outline above, and I'm sure you'll find your audience.

but back to Civil War.... 3 fucking weeks.... spoliers are gonna be hard to avoid when I can't stop reading peoples impressions all over the internet.

One question Shinji, and no spoilers please.
How relevant was the post credit scene to a potential future moment or movie?
actually, don't answer that... I don't need to know anymore about this movie than I already do.

It's relevant to a future movie but maybe not for the universe itself.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5235 on: April 17, 2016, 06:13:40 PM »
Just got back from JUNGLE BOOK and it was pretty awesome.

My daughter loved it and kept talking out (briefly) about it during the movie (ooops... it a kids movie, all I could do is shush her so she wasn't so loud, but it never detracted from the movie. plenty of kids and lots of them enjoyed it.)

There was actually applause by most of the theater... which was probably about 90% full when I glanced back just before the movie started, right when the movie was over. The Climax was intense and emotional, and I'm sorry I'm not wordsy descriptive reviewer type, but I would have watched this again, and highly recommend it to anyone that is a fan of the original disney animated version, has kids (of all ages), and likes good movies.

I think Disney has struck gold on yet another animated to Real life conversion movie.

I can't wait till they finish adapting them all, and then surprise everyone by having some event where they all come together (Avengers/Once Upon A Time - style) for a major Disney Event movie.

Offline glynisninfa

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Play for free
« Reply #5236 on: April 28, 2016, 09:40:02 AM »
I just recently watched BVS, an I rate it 7 for meh.   :-X

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5237 on: April 28, 2016, 07:33:34 PM »
Last night I watched Civil War and it is the best Marvel movie and possibly the best comic book movie I have seen.  It is truly a Captain America movie firmly focusing on his motivations and who he is.  However, by including the other Marvel characters into the story it helps to show the world is bigger and includes more heroes than just Cap.  Also focusing on Tony Stark you truly see the world from 2 views.  This movie is big but it focuses more on character than anything else. 

The action is topnotch of course.  It feels like Captain America 2 where the audience can feel the blows and the impact the battles have.  The camera work is top notch is making sure you understand the fights going on.  It is big by very personal. 

Easily 10 stars if you like action movies.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: April 28, 2016, 09:18:07 PM »
Just got home from seeing the new Ratchet & Clank movie, and I really enjoyed it. The writing is simple & often borders on corny, but that's true to the spirit of the games and never goes too silly. There are a ton of Sony in-jokes throughout the movie, from cameos by Daxter & Sly Cooper; to the series' LONG history of weapons; to the frickin' PS2 boot-up music. Also, if you've played the recent reboot game, there's actually not a lot of the game's events in the film and, frankly, I think the movie tells the story better with more scenes featuring the Rangers and Dr. Nefarious. Speaking of Dr. Nefarious, make sure you sit through the first batch of credits.  ;)

It's not a particularly deep movie & its jokes don't always hit, but as a fan of the series I was consistently entertained. Frankly, I think it's a better written & executed film than Force Awakens was, which I recently saw on home video.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline jacquie26

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: April 29, 2016, 07:46:20 AM »
I just watched Civil War today, Its good but not really great to be honest.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5240 on: May 01, 2016, 04:25:21 PM »
Everybody Wants Some - 8/10

This movie has no plot, no character arcs, little conflict, and it just sort of ends.  Outside of that,I had a fun time watching it.  I enjoyed the characters.  It's a very light and casual watch.  It's not there to move you, just entertain, which it does.  If you can put up with an 80s style romp through mild misogyny, you'll have a good time.

Mile Ahead - 8/10

Don Cheadle really does it with this one: co-writing, starring, and directing.  The story telling is really good, and the editing is top notch.  Cheadle really becomes Miles Davis for this role.  If you're a fan of Jazz - or rather, Social Music - or just want to peak in to the life of a music legend, this is a must.  The biopic doesn't tell the full life's story, which I think is for the better, and doesn't really make a point.  It starts, it ends, it shows you a good time.  Much like Jazz.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: May 01, 2016, 08:22:05 PM »
Keanu - 6/10

Pretty disappointing. There are a few hilarious scenes, but it's nowhere near as funny as the show was.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: May 02, 2016, 01:53:30 AM »
Automata I long for Blade Runner. This is a mediocre substitute.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: May 04, 2016, 08:04:02 AM »
The Force Awakens

An extremely insecure is the top of the list of flaws this film has with JJ being the number one cause. Rey is a terribly un-compelling character because the Force did it if you get my drift. Time, space, scale issues kick in hardcore near the end of the movie as people, ships, objects and time warp all over the place. **** not Tatoonie, just because you call it something else doesn't mean it's not.

Poe is a little too good of a pilot, he flies like I do in a videogame, but thankfully that really the only thing he is good at other than jokes. Finn is great because he is so mediocre at everything he does. He gets by with a bit of luck, but he has nothing but raw effort to his name. Han is Han but a little strange.

The insecurity the film has means it insists on hitting virtually all the plot points from A New Hope but bigger and more grit. It's immensely afraid to be it's own movie and suffers for it as you keep going "Really?" again and again. The lighting is poor indoors like they are constantly trying to hide something in place of lens flares.

Such a try hard villain that had me laughing at him. So fucking pathetic.

Much better than PT(Not that hard), but falls short of the OT. Way the **** over hyped.

I then watched the Winter Soldier for the first time, a much better film and probably the best of the Marvel stuff if it wasn't for Deadpool which was near perfect.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: May 04, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »
Hopefully you don't wait till years later to watch Civil War.

I haven't seen it yet, but 2016 has had nothing but Disney/"Marvel" hits so far.

Although I'm sure X-Men might drag that down a bit.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: May 04, 2016, 10:36:37 AM »
Yeah, after watching Winter Soldier I can see why people didn't like Avengers two. It's a pretty muddled movie largely to the over-sized cast. It's got some cool scenes and shots, but it's got a whole lot of pointless fights because. Stark is an idiot in A2, but I know enough about the Civil War that the whole thing was a setup for it.

Robert Redford is always great and he was used perfectly. He pretty much puts everyone else to shame.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: May 04, 2016, 06:26:03 PM »
Sounds like Cap 3 is doing Avengers 2 better than Avengers 2 did.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5247 on: May 04, 2016, 08:32:05 PM »
Very true should have been called Avengers: Civil war, not Cap, very strange choice of name.
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: May 04, 2016, 10:55:23 PM »
No Thor, no Hulk, no Avengers

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5249 on: May 05, 2016, 06:01:11 AM »
Im did you pay attention to the end of avengers 2?
 Thor and hulk left. and tony did too, and now hes come back.
The new avengers cast was:
Cap
widow
vision
witch
falcon
Rhodey ( i think)
Made you look ****.