Author Topic: I want to read Iwata Asks on my Kobo!  (Read 2161 times)

Offline pyrokamileon

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
I want to read Iwata Asks on my Kobo!
« on: June 19, 2011, 03:39:22 AM »
is there a way I can get all the Iwata Asks in document form? or pdf or anything besides having to click page by page on Nintendo's site? If I can find a place that offers them up as individual documents then I could read them on my Kobo which would be awesome! I emailed the site about this a while ago but didn't get a reply..
At some point, I'd think Nintendo fans would get sick of the anticipation and just say "screw it," but Nintendophiles are odd, odd creatures indeed.<BR>—Chris Carle, IGN

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: I want to read Iwata Asks on my Kobo!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 08:23:44 PM »
If you're on a mac, watch this. If you're on a PC. . .um. . .still watch the video and maybe try and see if you can do something similar.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »
A very quick google search led me to:
http://www.web2pdfconvert.com/

1st result of search for "web page to pdf"
I tried it, it worked. took about 4 seconds t convert the page.
All you need to do is convert every page and then edit all the pages into one .pdf
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:54:44 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline pyrokamileon

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 04:07:24 AM »
so I did email Nintendo to see if they would be nice enough to offer up the Iwata Asks columns as documents of some sort and they got back to me within two days, which was nice.  however their answer was simply we do not offer the Iwata Asks columns in a downloadable format.  but the person did document my comment for sharing with other departments.  I'm glad he did that much but I'm not expecting big results..

so it does seem that if I want to read these columns on my Kobo then I will have to take care of it manually.  I really was hoping to avoid the pdf route because I think my Kobo displays simple txt documents much, much nicer than it does pdf's but it also occurs to me that simply printing to pdf as nickmitch and BlackNMild2k1 suggesting will probably be less time consuming (but it will still consume much time..) so that's probably what I'll do however I do have one refinement to offer up.  sourceforge.com hosts this app called PDFCreator here http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ that allows Windows to do what the Mac (and Ubuntu) already can do, print to PDF.  I wanted to mention that option because people without macs could use it and also I've always averse to using online converters wherever it's convenient..

thanks to everyone who offered help :-)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:09:17 AM by pyrokamileon »
At some point, I'd think Nintendo fans would get sick of the anticipation and just say "screw it," but Nintendophiles are odd, odd creatures indeed.<BR>—Chris Carle, IGN