Author Topic: Nintendo's reasoning for not including an AC Adapter with the 3DS XL...  (Read 62314 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
It's a crazy decision in my opinion, but then again Nintendo have made quite a few crazy decisions over the course of the last two years.

Nintendo has been making crazy decisions since they started making video games.

Remember the whole "N64 won't play CD's" fiasco that caused many developers to jump ship to the PlayStation?

Remember the whole "GameCube supports online gaming, but we [Nintendo] won't support it because we don't think it's important". Fast-forward to now, and Iwata finally realizes the importance of online connectivity in gaming.

Remember the whole 64DD add-on that was bulky, expensive, and pretty much worthless outside of a few user-creation games?

I could go on and on. Nintendo has made just as many mistakes as Sony and Sega, yet no one bitches at Sony for their flops (PSP Go, PS2 hard drive, PS2 network adapter, etc.).
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
It's probably because Nintendo fans are more loyal than Sony fans, but at the same time, they're more strict. At least that's what I can tell from my experience.

Offline Hey Einstein!

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
Some of the fuming here reminded me of this great commentary on a similar debate:
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/08/25

(Apologies if it's already been shared in this thread)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Personally, I'm still ticked the 3DS came with a 2GB SD card.  It's currently sitting in a 3DS case (with my AR Cards) and will likely never be used again.

Just be thankful that Nintendo actually included an SD card, unlike Sony and the Vita.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Personally, I'm still ticked the 3DS came with a 2GB SD card.  It's currently sitting in a 3DS case (with my AR Cards) and will likely never be used again.

Just be thankful that Nintendo actually included an SD card, unlike Sony and the Vita.

Ok....now we're comparing a 2 GB SD card which costs nearly nothing and isn't necessary to an A/C adapter which is necessary for the system to actually function.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:38:39 PM by lolmonade »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Apple could sell me an iPhone/iPod/iPad without a charger, and I'd be fine because I already have like 30. Kind of an extreme of what Nintendo's doing here, but I think they're right at that border.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.