Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Round 7  (Read 8653 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Round 7
« on: May 05, 2009, 02:33:48 AM »
In regards to voting. I do expect everyone to participate every day now in the voting. Now I won't say I'll kill people off who miss a day but I do ask you try your best to vote unless there is something keeping you from getting involved

While eating a raw koopa troopa, Mike Tyson was pondering what his team was going to do. Their numbers had been dwindling faster in the tournament and any hope of reclaiming the title was losing its spark.

“Mr. Tyson, my match is up next, I have King Hippo” said Super Macho Man who just came into Mike’s personal locker room.
A faint spark could be seen in Tyson’s eye as he realized, he still has valuable assets like Super Macho Man. Maybe he was giving up hope too quickly?

“I have confidence in you Macho Man. Beat that punk up” said Tyson with his infamous toothy grin.
“You can rely on me” said Super Macho Man.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Super Macho Man was in the ring, now face to face with the behemoth King Hippo.

::the bell rang::

Super Macho  came in with a hook and King Hippo blocked it.

“Romp, romp” said King Hippo with happiness as he unleashed a devastating double fist chop which Super Macho Man barely blocked.

Super Macho Man tried again to connect but it was blocked by King Hippo. Who countered with a punch of his which connected with Super Macho Man’s jaw.

He stumbled backwards but did not fall. King Hippo pulled in close to Super Macho Man and tried to hit him with his double fist. Super Macho Man managed to connect a fist right to the obese boxers chin. This momentarily stunned King Hippo who pulled both hands up to block but his pants came sliding down.

“Urg, embarrassing. Me need bigger pants” as he tried to pull them up. This was Super Macho Man’s chance as he unleashed a flurry of punches into the exposed stomach.

“Oof, oof. Must not be embarrassed again” said King Hippo trying to frantically keep his pants up and block.
Super Macho Man flexed his pecs to showcase his knowledge of the end being near. He pulled back and hit King Hippo square in the gut with his patented tornado punch.

King Hippo could only sit there, only a crane could pick him up now.

“King Hippo is so embarrassed!” said the now beaten King Hippo. All the crowd behind him could see was the name Stratos printed on the back of his shorts.

While celebrating Super Macho Man noticed a Little Mac Clone face down on the ramp, it looked like he was crying?

“I wonder what he was up to? Thought Super Macho Man. Something did catch his eye, and frankly he refused to believe who he saw scurrying away in the crowd.

"Must be my eyes"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“You better not screw this up” Said the agitated Doc Louis to an intimidated Little Mac Clone.

“I……I….will not Mr. Louis” said the Little Mac Clone as he scurried away.

The Little Mac Clone made his away to the ring the area. He was tasked with helping King Hippo get a win if he so desired. He was supposed to distract the referee so King Hippo could do his never seen before, illegal, butt bounce. When he got out on the ring entrance he seen King Hippo trying to hold up his pants as Super Macho Man was bludgeoning the stomach area. Knowing he had to get there fast he took off running but slipped. Wait was that banana  peel where did that come from? Before he could comprehend what happened he was on his face with the breath knocked out of him. He tried to get up but before he could even get to his knees he heard the dreaded “TEN”. The match was over.

The clone could not help but cry as he laid back down to catch his breath.

“This can’t be!” he thought.

Finally he pulled himself and walked like the doomed clone he was back to Doc Louis’s office.

When he opened the door he was greeted by a terrifying sneer.

“You pathetic fool, do you realize how much you set us back? Well you shall get what I promised.

“I….I’m…I’m sorry”

Before he knew it he was pulled out of the office and turned around facing the ever horrifying site of Mr. Dream.
“This should be fun” he said as he took a shot to the chin of the Little Mac Clone.

The Little Mac Clone was hurled towards the lockers and slammed against one. His heart would not give up as he tried to stand up but was greeted by a fist that sent  him into the ceiling.

All that remained was an unconscious clone whose codename was Daamaan.

>>>>>>>>>

Who was knocked out:

DaaMaan Little Mac Clone taken out by vote.

Stratos King Hippo was taken out by a mafia knockout.

The day ends at 9PM PST Tuesday.

Night actions are due by 10pm Tuesday night.

Mafia Godfather, send in your hit and your assassin.

Great Tiger send in your action tonight if you choose. Just remember when its gone, it is gone for the rest of the game

Doc Louis send in your protection action.

Mr. Dream send in your investigation.

Super Macho Man send in your frame-job.

NOTE: As stated in the rules if the mafia has the same number of players as the townies the game will be OVER and the townies will lose. Right now we are two knock outs away from a mafia win, so this game could end tomorrow!

People who need to vote tonight

oohhboy
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:37:53 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Re: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Round 7
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:37:22 AM »
With Hippo gone, I'm gonna go ahead and start tonight with a...

Vote Nickmitch

I have no hard evidence.. just a gut feeling... so send me a PM people of importance to change my mind if you want.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:00:04 PM by Pale »
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:13:41 AM »
Vote Nickmitch

Same applies here.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
For what it's worth, Nickmitch turned up as a Little Mac clone.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 02:12:25 PM »
Hrmm.. who knows what that's worth.  He could be either Godfather, Impersonator, or a plain old townie.  Given the numbers that means he's 60% likely to be a townie, and 40% likely to be mafia.

However, this gets a little hairier depending on who the Impersonator is currently impersonating.  There are 5 townies left, 2/5 of them have a role.  That means there is a 60% chance the impersonator is currently incriminating a regular townie, pulling them from the original pool of possibilities, making Nickmitch 50% townie and 50% mafia.

On top of all of that, I know that I am a plain old Townie, which takes another form the townie camp, putting nickmitch all the way to 75% likely to be mafia (assuming the impersonator is impersonating a townie and not the doctor or the cop).

Sooo, that seems to say we should vote for Nickmitch..... buuut it's definitely a crap shoot.

Overall I'm pretty confident this game has boiled down to a dice role. We HAVE to vote off a mafia member tonight to stay alive.  I'll do whatever my source tells me, but he hasn't told me anything specifically yet.  :(
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »
The best part is, I was certain that both Nickmitch and Oohhboy were mafia.  However, if Oohhboy jumps at the chance of voting for Nickmitch that can't be true.

(Then again, I was certain Daaaman was mafia, so what do I know?)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 02:20:39 PM »
Hmm, re-reading my post I think it culminates with him being 66% likely to be mafia, not 75... as it would be 2/3.  Meh.. it's super confusing... Let's try this.

There are 8 people left. I think it's safe to assume both the Dr. and Cop know each other so the Cop isn't going to investigate either of them.  That leaves six total.

Having just had the impersonator role clarified by GP, we know that 2 of those 6 should come back as being the Great Tiger when investigated, as I would think that would be what the impersonator wanted.  The rest would all come back townie... so let's put it in list form.

Great Tiger (mafia)
Great Tiger (townie)
Townie (townie)
Townie (townie)
Townie (mafia)
Townie (mafia)

So yeah, of the four people that would come back townie, two of them would be Mafia.  That right there put's Nickmitch at 50% likely to be mafia regardless of what you think of me.

For me, I know I'm townie, so that put's Nickmitch 66% likely to be mafia.  Sorry to say the same thing over again, I just want to make sure my initial thought was accurate.
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 02:22:11 PM »
Argh.. unless of course I'm the one the impersonator is impersonating... so we should just work with the 50% number... which means we are screwed. =P
---------------------

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 02:36:01 PM »
The best part is that Pale and Oohhboy are probably mafia.  Pale's been playing me from the start.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 04:50:12 PM »
That would be great because then I could actually win this round! =P

No, we can still pull this out.. as long as we hit a mafia member tonigh.
---------------------

Offline Gylldas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »
Oh crud this isn't good.  For what it's worth, we NEED to vote out a mafia member today.  Maybe taking a risk with Nickmitch isn't the best idea. 

The best part is that Pale and Oohhboy are probably mafia.  Pale's been playing me from the start.

This is what a devious Godfather would do to cover up his tracks.  Hmmm....
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »
No, we can still pull this out.. as long as we hit a mafia member tonigh.

But why do you suspect Nickmitch and not Oohhboy?  I was so certain that they were both mafia.  Now I'm thinking that only one is mafia, but I haven't a clue which one.  Both voted for Maxi on day 4 (same day we voted out BFS) and neither voted on day 5 (same day we voted out Yoshidious).

I know one of them is mafia--but which one!?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 04:56:42 PM »
Like I said, mine is an empty hunch right now.  I talked a lot with Stratos about his gut too before he got offed and he was with me on Nickmitch... but yeah.. It's just a hunch.

What happens if we no-vote or force a tie tonight? That would give the mafia a free kill, putting the margin to 1. If we got a successful investigation tomorrow we could kill a mafia member but they would get another hit....

So yeah, for the rest of the game we can not ever vote out a townie, but we could get away with a single no-vote/tie situation... I'm not sure it's worth doing that tonight though.
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 05:04:58 PM »
Also, ooohboy only votes on days he has to to avoid death...

That's somewhat suspicious in and of itself... I mean, he hasn't shown a strong desire to play the game, but has made absolutely sure he doesn't die from inactivity.
---------------------

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 05:05:30 PM »
What happens if we no-vote or force a tie tonight? That would give the mafia a free kill, putting the margin to 1. If we got a successful investigation tomorrow we could kill a mafia member but they would get another hit....

That wouldn't help at all because at this point most mafia members show up as townies and one townie will show up as a mafia member.  The cop's basically grounded until we get rid of Super Macho Man.

You should know this.  The fact that you're suggesting implausible strategies really casts doubt on your allegiance.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 05:06:38 PM »
Also, ooohboy only votes on days he has to to avoid death...

That's somewhat suspicious in and of itself... I mean, he hasn't shown a strong desire to play the game, but has made absolutely sure he doesn't die from inactivity.

Insanolord is doing the same thing.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »
Hey man, don't cast doubts on my allegience.. I will vote for whoever you tell me to... =P I don't know what else to say.
---------------------

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »
Just the fact that Oohhboy jumped at the chance to vote Nickmitch, without ever voting for him previously is really suspicious.

Plus, it really bugs me that he's doing the minimum amount of participation required to stay alive.  He's not even playing the damn game.

What you say we vote out Oohhboy instead?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 05:16:53 PM »
I'm game for voting ooohboy. I'm heading home from the office now though so I will not be back on until much later in the evening.

If you guys are voting oohboy (or anyone else) I will change my vote to match.
---------------------

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 05:24:17 PM »
VOTE OOHHBOY

He just seems more suspicious than Nickmitch.

Regardless, it's pretty much a 50/50 shot at this point, and I'd rather Nickmitch win because non-participation should not be a valid strategy.

Offline Gylldas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »
Alright let's see where this gets us.

Vote Oohhboy

Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 05:33:26 PM »
Vudu is a proven townie, im voting with him vote oohboy
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 07:48:22 PM »
I'm voting for Oohboy because I think what he did early in this thread was shady.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 11:00:16 PM »
Vote Oohboy
---------------------