Author Topic: Mafia XXIX Dead thread, AHH SHUCKS  (Read 9434 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Mafia XXIX Dead thread, AHH SHUCKS
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:51:01 PM »

Dead on the first day. Shame on me.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Re: Mafia XXIX Dead thread, AHH SHUCKS
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:21:35 AM »
Great fucken jobs guys. WHo would've thought that I actually had AUTHENTIC AND LEGITIMATE concerns about the suicide bomber role. Seriousl the Suicide Bomber should jsut out himself now, go absoltuely crazy and attrct everyone's vote. It'll be game over. GO FOR IT LUCY!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 04:29:13 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 09:56:26 AM »
Well, I can't believe I was killed...that sucks.  But on the other hand, I think there is good information from the vote.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 10:47:04 AM »
I dont. I can see townie thatguy on another trip to failtown.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 06:04:29 PM »
RABicle:  I must apologize for my vote against you.  I originally voted against Nickmitch for the sole reason of vendetta from being good last game, and making me look like a fool.

But, then I realized that isn't a reason to vote for him...and the bandwagon had already been sprung.  I guessed maybe thatguy had a reason to vote for you, and figured why not jump on that vote...perhaps protect nickmitch from just a random act from me. 

I made a bad vote.

I wish you would have contacted me in a PM.  You would of had to tell me your role...if you would have just said you were a townie...on a day 1 vote I would have changed.

Offline Gylldas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 11:52:52 PM »
For some reason I saw this coming.  Oh well.
Come on townies you can make a comeback!
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 12:00:54 AM »
Welcome to thread Gylidas...I hope you enjoyed your stay.  Mafia can be a cruel, cruel game. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 01:23:15 AM »
WTF?? I am a townie this game! The townies are making some dumb, unfounded decisions.

I found this quote funny, because it was almost the exact same wording made last mafia game.

I am not in anyway commenting on this game, because I know NOTHING.  I died day one and never learned a single thing...I didn't even know I had such a cool role...Decoyman hid that fun fact even from me.  But that quote is funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now about the turn of events.  I am quite pleased with some of the smart balance decisions made for this game.

1)The Great Pumpkin could have been assigned to any living townie, but assigning the role to a townie pregame created risk for the mafia to lose a member by their own hit, vote out, or in this case Patty Hit.  It created balance, because the character had a chance on never being used. 

2)Decoyman's decision to give Patty her strike against her back was awesome two, because in the end she did  not kill a townie, and as such she performed her role according to rules.  So the game is back to normal.

I am kind of saddened that Decoyman's twist to the mafia game didn't play out quite as planned with a townie rising to mafia position, but at the same time, this twist makes for an awesome game, and story...that will definitely go down into the Mafia Hall of Fame as a great play and one of the BEST starts to a mafia game ever.

Offline Gylldas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 02:10:14 AM »
Yeah I'm really lovin' decoyman's story and choices.  Everyone seemed to think that the Great Pumpkin was yet to be chosen and was arguing as to who would be picked for the role.  I don't think anyone was expecting anything like this to happen.  When I first read the story I was like OH SNAP!!

Kudos to decoyman for this twist!  It kind of made my death a bit less depressing. :P

After this last vote I have some ideas now.  I'm excited to see how this will play out.
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 03:35:38 AM »
I can probably say it now. Gylldas was my first investigation. He turned up townie.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 11:32:10 PM »
Meh, for what it's worth, I might die, but I'll probably just have my role blocked.  Vote Khush out, vote stevey, and give the other players I mentioned some slack, Maxi and GP, definitely.  Aim to see about DrewMG and Pale, as well.

Geez, neglect to respond to a PM for a few hours, and suddenly you're all "evil" and whatnot. 

Obviously Khush is mafia.  Anyone who speaks with THAT many words is trying to hide their true intentions.

Next great quote of game.

You obviously have not been around for when Khush plays Mafia.  His posts are insanely long no matter what role he has.  INSANELY LONG.

I always thought it was foolish because the first thought when you read a long mafia post is where is the lie.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 11:41:29 PM »
Meh, game was pretty much unwinnable, anyways, but now there's one more day, and if 2/4 of the mafia members are voted out, depending on role, the mafia wins anyways.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 11:44:57 PM »
Well I had fun. I will talk more once the next day is up.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 11:47:22 PM »
thatguy now that you are dead...I am upset you killed me day 1.  But I must say it turned out to be a great play for the townies.

The Mafia this game have a lot of powerful roles.  I think if the Bomber wasn't mafia and that left just a normal regular thug member then it would have been more balanced.  As it stands it isn't the numbers but the powers that just are overbearing. 

Also, losing the townie investigator so early was a huge blow to the townies...but really you are to blame for that.  (Teasing)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 11:50:35 PM »
Psh, I only killed RAB 'cuz he killed me the game before.  As stands, if Sally is voted out tomorrow, if Lucy is voted out tomorrow, or if any townie is voted out tomorrow, the game is over and townies lose.

At least it wasn't a perfect mafia game, since I took care of you.  Funny, had Decoyman not told me that I had hit you in the middle of the day, I would have tried to suicide against a certain mafia member, though chances are, at that point my ability would have been blocked anyways.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 11:53:51 PM »
Well, I don't blame you if in the middle of the day you found out my true role...you knew it before I did.

Was that before or after the Private Message where you told me what if I was mafia?  Because I would find it very ironic that you would have discovered my true role before I even knew it.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 11:59:23 PM »
It was the middle of day 2.  As in after I killed you.  Decoyman told me that if I were to make a hit that night and I were wrong, I'd die, but in the event that I killed the great pumpkin, I'd get my hit back.  There would've been little reason to mention that if you weren't the Great Pumpkin.

As it stands, though, I've been more productive than any other townie, so I'm alright with things.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 12:57:24 AM »
Well you guys know the truth about me. I am so sorry for misleading you guys.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:13:53 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 12:59:20 AM »
Eh' Unclebob!

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 01:00:11 AM »
Maxi, be careful what you say. In fact, I'd edit out that last part. It's not totally incriminating, but it could be damaging to one side or the other.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 01:04:41 AM »
OK well I think I played a good game. I think I won't talk much since I know alot.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 01:08:27 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 01:07:50 AM »
Meh, I say let bygones be bygones, with Mafia.  If you hold something over someone's head for too long, I hear you turn into stevey in this game.

VEDETTA!!

Oh, and no worries, Maxi. It's just that showing even a peak of your hand, even something seemingly insignificant, could have unexpected consequences. Better to be safe than sorry.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 01:09:22 AM »
Yeah you are right.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 01:47:52 AM »
haha I guessed on day one Maxi was mafia. :P
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 01:53:57 AM »
Yeah you did.Good show.
Alexis, she/her/Miss