Poll

Sonic The Hedgehog Mafia is:

The Greatest Mafia ever.
2 (15.4%)
A Great Mafia Game. Top 5 in my book.
3 (23.1%)
An average game. Pleasant but lacking something truely magical.
2 (15.4%)
Bad. If I didn't win, I don't like it.
1 (7.7%)
Making me wonder when Stevey is going to host another game.
1 (7.7%)
You still suck Khushrenada.
2 (15.4%)
Wait. This was all a dream?
1 (7.7%)
Full of too many stupid polls and the polls have too many stupid choices.
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Mafia XXVIII: Sonic the Hedgehog. Day 10. Space Colony ARK.  (Read 17160 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XXVIII: Sonic the Hedgehog. Day 10. Space Colony ARK.
« on: October 17, 2008, 01:05:01 AM »
Story to come.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXVIII: Sonic the Hedgehog. Day 10. Space Colony ARK.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 01:05:17 AM »
Announcements:

Dead:

Plugabugz - Townie - killed by vote
Maxi - Townie - killed by vote
Decoyman - The Pretender - death due to not voting

Voting runs from now until Midnight EST. Night actions will be due half an hour after.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do or die time. 4 people left. One person is mafia. If the mafia member isn't voted out today, the mafia wins. If he is voted out, townies win.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one needs to vote today.

Doctor Protection

The Mafia doctor chooses to protect:

Nickmitch!

That is all.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:09:13 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 01:14:01 AM »
But wait a minute.

Nickmitch is the Mafia Doctor. That means, the mafia can't get voted out today. And if the mafia can't get voted out today, then the townies will have to vote out one of their own. Since a townie will die in the vote, the mafia will be able to make a hit and kill another townie.

That will leave 1 townie alive and Nickmitch, the last mafia member. That means a tie which can only mean

MAFIA VICTORY!

The townies blow it!!!! They blow it after organizing a huge force and having Nickmitch nearly voted out twice in a row. Heck, one mafia member even died from not voting. Why, that death even won the game for the mafia. This is unbelievable. Like some huge glitch. Which is fitting for a game based off Sonic. Ohhhh. The hits never stop.

Therefore, this is actually not another day thread. This is a wrap-up thread. Everyone can post again and discuss the game and congratulate the winning team. Good game everyone.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 01:18:00 AM »
:D
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 01:22:00 AM »
Technically, if they didn't vote out anyone, then the townies could win.  They could force a tie, and the loser of the tie could take out NickMitch, since he's only written to be protected from the vote and the hit, and then, I think no one would win.

So, really, we should drag this on a full day.

I suppose I should now announce that if there is no one else that would like to, I will be hosting the next mafia game.  The game is planned to be based on heroes, and will have two mafias.  Every player will have potential to have an ability, so keep your eyes open on it.  It should be a lot of fun for everyone that participates.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 01:24:00 AM »
But, I can't be voted for, so to break the tie, all I would have to do is vote and claim victory.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 01:24:27 AM »
I agree with thatguy.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 01:30:38 AM »
But, I can't be voted for, so to break the tie, all I would have to do is vote and claim victory.

Not really.  Because you'd have to vote for someone to die.  You don't vote, and no one dies.  You vote, and a tie is created, when someone else votes to make it.

Edit: I'll go ahead and finish it.  You'd vote, someone else would vote, tie happens, deadline becomes sudden death, then all you'd have to do is drop out from voting and not drop out at the exact same time as someone else.  Then you'd win.  However, I'm just saying, it was still a possibility for you to lose.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 01:32:54 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHACK ON THE SANGERS IT'S BARBY TIME

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 01:37:26 AM »
So the GMT rule screws me over again. Just because i go to sleep it doesn't mean i'm mafia or even a buttered camel.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 01:40:35 AM »
Sorry.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 01:45:33 AM »

Not really.  Because you'd have to vote for someone to die.  You don't vote, and no one dies.  You vote, and a tie is created, when someone else votes to make it.

Edit: I'll go ahead and finish it.  You'd vote, someone else would vote, tie happens, deadline becomes sudden death, then all you'd have to do is drop out from voting and not drop out at the exact same time as someone else.  Then you'd win.  However, I'm just saying, it was still a possibility for you to lose.

I wouldn't die in a tie anyway.  Because I'm protected from both the day's vote and that night's actions.  Regardless, I'd have to switch my vote at the exact same time as someone else.  But no townie would switch because it wouldn't be in their best interest.  I'd switch, break the tie and win.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 01:47:41 AM »
By the way, I finally found Froggy.  He was totally in space the whole time, for some reason.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 01:48:00 AM »
:D :D :D

Awesome, I though for sure we were fucked after decoyman was a no show.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 01:59:52 AM »
By the way, I finally found Froggy.  He was totally in space the whole time, for some reason.

Yes, Froggy will be found in the concluding story. By the way, Day 8's story for the Egg Fleet is now up. All that's left is Pumpkin Hill/Conclusion.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 02:02:35 AM »
And to Thatguy. I've already gone over it in my head. There will never be a tie today. It's impossible. It will always be broken and a townie killed by the vote. That's why I didn't bother to play the day.

It's wierd but if Decoyman had actually voted yesterday, we would still be playing today with a chance for the Mafia to lose. Decoyman's death by inactivity won the mafia the game.

EDIT: And Plugabugz, what time would work best for you? I've been trying for awhile to come up with a way to get around the timezone differences But, it's just so hard to get the whole world to fit in.

See y'all tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:07:11 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 02:21:36 AM »
Of note, I posted the fact that a tie was possible, but easily, easily escapable for the mafia, so long as NickMitch showed up in the overtime already.  I edited the post that you're referencing, and NickMitch even quoted the edit.

Anyways, if I were to vote right now, I honestly believe of the mafia, NickMitch had the best strategy.  Players remaining in the game didn't notice him at all, and he didn't appear on any die-if-you-do-not-vote lists, I think.  He looked like he wasn't interested in the game, and he looked like it didn't really matter what happened, he was just happy to roleplay.

That said, he should have been an obvious target two days ago, when all of a sudden, it seemed like the game mattered to him, and he broke character.  He showed some signs of concern and panic that were uncharacteristic for how a player with his sort of cover would play.  Still, in this game, he won it all for the mafia, with the help of Decoyman, the bastard who betrayed GP twice, and lied about it.  Proves the mafia knew GP's role, and that they killed her anyways.

The hint about Decoyman is what I noticed nearer the start of Day 3.  He went after Spak, not me.  The evidence was piled toward me:  Spak didn't need to tell me about GP, but he did anyways.  The spokesman said not to trust me.  I'd been acting fishy the whole game, and even got one player to say I was trying to manipulate him.  But Decoyman went after Spak, first thing.  At that point, in the game, it wasn't very notable, but as Decoyman continued to survive in the game, past comments needed to be taken with a little more gravity.  His plan was obvious from an outside perspective:  The town votes me out, Decoyman says "I told you so," Decoyman slips into the townie alliance.  Something like that, at least.  It worked, and no one went back to really review what was said, they only looked at votes.

So, Decoyman played well, too.  I'm not sure if he planned his death to create a victory circumstance, but I'm aware that these two were the best players on the mafia's side.

As far as the townies go, these players should not be credited with the best strategy:
Pale
Vudu
RAB
stevey
Silks

Pale's targets weren't very good, in my opinion, and he had a smaller range of people to glance at than a normal game, yet his productivity was glaringly low, even though three players would show up as mafia.  He found two mafia members, one, Dasmos, was a good find for the townies, but Mario was an obvious hit that everyone pretty much knew, and should have both been targeted sooner, and not have been worth an investigation to begin with.

Vudu played the game and was vague with his opinions, both in the thread and in private.  He was the leader by fate, and didn't do anything constructive with it, expecting everyone else to.  He didn't talk to anyone using any method conversation of substance that I know, and didn't do much with the information he had besides making guesses.  It was really unfortunate that he became the alliance leader this game, because he did nothing with it.

RAB was just dumb with the game.  At the beginning of Day 3, RAB leaked the doctor to both me and Spak, trying to bait us, somehow...except he leaked the actual doctor.  I can't figure out how that would work, if Spak or I were mafia, the doctor would have died, and then Pale the next day, a major hit for the townies, and it would be RAB's fault.  Not only that, but by leaking sensitive information to two players, if the information was acted on, the townies wouldn't be certain of which player to target, anyways.  Later in the day, he leaked that he had a role in the main thread, for anyone to see.  So, he made himself a mafia target, leaked important roles, and so on and so forth.  The only thing he did right was reviving GP instead of Mr. Jack, I'd say.  Additionally, he swindled my investigation plans on day 3.  After he told me who the doctor was, he tried to cover by sending me a list of names to "trust."  Since I could tell he was being honest about the doctor, I believed him about the list, which included a mafia member or two, and I avoided even bothering with those players.

Silks just forgot to vote.  That was just dumb.

stevey played a major part in the downfall of the townies.  To begin with, he told players not to trust me, with no reason.  Then, he just sat back and listened to Decoyman if I understand things, without Decoyman giving a reason to be trusted, other than he knew GP's role and GP died as soon as possible, which was, if you recall, a major reason why I was targeted at the beginning of day 3, and helped me get killed.  Way to hold a double standard, stevey.  Anyways, it was stevey that lead to NickMitch evading death those last two time he could've been voted out, just because, as far as I can tell.

So, essentially, the beginning of our alliance really all blew it, let's be honest.

Then, there were the townies that sat back and did nothing, making it easier for the mafia to hide, the ones I wanted Mr. Jack to kill.  People like Stogi, EasyCure, Plugabugz, Insanolord, and a few others.  They were more active this game than they usually are, but they effectively allowed Mario to slide through for a while, long enough to ID the roled townies, and they gave NickMitch a pathway to reach the end, too.  The townies just would have been better off, had these players not played.  Guys, just because you're a townie doesn't mean you can't have fun with the game.  You did far more damage to a townie win than any of the roled players, by far, in my eyes.

There's few left.  In my mind, there's GP, Spak, Maxi, Toruresu, and me, though there could be one or two more who tried and voted based on observation, not vendetta (looking at you, DAaaMan.)  Maxi is a new player, and is still getting his bearings.  He started off weak, but he did well at identifying players who weren't mafia before they were voted off, something no one else did this game.  He gets a lot of kudos for actually talking, though he needed to be more focused.

Toruresu cared about the game, but I felt that since he wasn't in the alliance, and he didn't have a role, he didn't know where to go.  He was actively giving input up until when I died, but I think since I stopped talking to him, he didn't have a goal left in mind.

Spak had trust issues.  He's the one that kept us from killing Pale on day one, and was ready to sacrifice himself, as I was, to make sure no one we thought could be a roled townie on day one would die.  (Vudu wouldn't talk to us until right before the day was over, in regards to his own vote-out.  We didn't know his role until time was up.)  Spak honestly did little the rest of the game, but keeping Pale from being voted out is more of an accomplishment than just about any other townie player.

GP died, then died again.  To be honest, there's not much she did to help the townies, but her power use helped us get a clean start, still better than most.  Had she not used it, she likely would've been dead on day one.

As far talking about what I did, for a short time, I had a few townies rangled up and we decided the day 1 vote.  I saved Spak from an early, unfair death, and I contend that I came up with the townie alliance plan faster than Vudu, though that's a point of contention, text evidence says that I announced the idea first, at least. (Also, I told Maxi to say it in the thread, in an attempt to keep the mafia's eyes off of me.)  I tried to sacrifice myself on the first day, but was too late, once I found out what Vudu was, too.  On Day 2, I came up with a plan to get rid of the dead weight in this game, but it wasn't implemented.  The plan would have resulted in the death of Mario, a mafia member, by the end of the day, and players that contributed to the confusion would have been taken out, leaving the active players behind.  Additionally, leaving in Mr. Jack would act as a meat shield for the townies, but, no one listened, and, in fact, some said that I and Mr. Jack were lying about his role.  On Day 3, I did manage to point out a gap in Decoyman's logic, a mafia member, though this was never followed up on, and unfortunately, the people I suspected but weren't ready to publicly accuse were made known, which tied my hands on finding the truth about the players, and lead to my untimely death, despite Vudu saying that he believed I was a townie and didn't want other members of the alliance to vote me out.  Since Vudu said this, I believed there was no reason to defend my standing, especially since several players were standing around, watching the voting thread at the end of the day.  I believed they had planned to swoop in and keep me from dying, but this never happened.

I feel as though I contributed a great deal to the townies, as much, if not more than anyone else did.  If you hand out the strategy medal, it clearly goes to the mafia this game, but if you had to choose a townie, I believe I would be the one to go on.  I had a strategy to lay questionable to the townies, and hope the mafia believed I was on the verge of being voted out by the townies at any time, a strategy that worked perhaps a little too well.  I had a small townie alliance formed, which dissolved after my death.  I spotted flaws in what one mafia member had said, and I pointed fingers at another, as well as encouraged a strategy that would likely have put the townies in a better position involving the killer.  I kept a new player from dying on day one, by telling him to point his fingers at me, just so he could live.  I found the key player to unite the townie roles, as well.  All-in-all, despite lasting for three days, I did as much, if not more, than any townie play did in the entire game, and I should be voted with for best strategy.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 02:44:27 AM »
I was keeping my mouth shut until the end of the game, but now i'm kind of speechless anyway.

Nickmitch had the best strategy for his amazing vote manipulation in the crucial stages. Sure lots of other people talked, but didn't bring home the results. Speaking of talk, reading the threads as an outsider would have been really lame for this game. Basically every post was three words. A LOT went on in PMs but nobody really cares about that. In the first few days there was so much to talk about yet everyone was just flopping around not even looking for people.

We knew who every player in the game was by about Day 4, and still thought it was a huge mountain to climb and  the game was stacked heavily against us, but thankfully we profited from mistakes, stayed calm and stuck to it until the end and it paid off. We almost protected Dasmos or me but ended up sacrificing ourselves to save the doctor til it could be used to win the game.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 02:45:50 AM »
Interesting read. One quick point that you may be unaware of.

Pale was the day 1 hit by the mafia. Had GP not used Chaos Control, the detective would have been dead on Day 1.

As for the GP hit, I said earlier I would mention that it wasn't a bad hit even though I felt bad about it. When the townie alliance formed on Day 2, that meant the mafia had to start eliminating all townie roles to kill it. Even though GP had used her power, she still had a role which meant she was one of the chosen few. A townie with a role that could be trusted by the other roled players. So, at some point, she would have to be killed. It's unfortunate that it happened so soon. But it was a strategic hit.

Also of interest in the strategy section, the mafia made a hit on RABicle on Day 3. The plan was to have RAB then use his power to take the place of a mafia member. Since he was a roled townie, he would know all the important roles and the mafia could use that to fight back and crush the alliance. It didn't work out but it didn't matter. By Day 4, the mafia knew all the townie role players except for the doctor, I believe. But then, Silks didn't vote that day and died exposing the last townie role.

The start of the game was huge. It was a real dogfight with townie roles going down fast and then the mafia getting halved.

It'll be fun to get more reaction tomorrow.

For all the mafia's complaining to me, they still won. They said I should have given them another member. I should let the Godfather make a hit when he is voted out. Whine, whine, whine. This game was well balanced, thank you very much.

EDIT: Oh look. I threw in one more poll. For old times sake.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:48:14 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 02:49:57 AM »
The imbalance they saw in the game was a result of the townie's actions, anyways.  Had day 1 occurred with a different player being voted off, they wouldn't have believed the game was imbalanced, anyways.  The outcome of the day was based on the players choices, not the roles, and so it was balanced, isn't that how we determine things?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 02:56:10 AM »
I was player of the game because I took a bullet twice!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 03:01:31 AM »
I feel as though I contributed a great deal to the townies, as much, if not more than anyone else did.  If you hand out the strategy medal, it clearly goes to the mafia this game, but if you had to choose a townie, I believe I would be the one to go on.  I had a strategy to lay questionable to the townies, and hope the mafia believed I was on the verge of being voted out by the townies at any time, a strategy that worked perhaps a little too well.  I had a small townie alliance formed, which dissolved after my death.  I spotted flaws in what one mafia member had said, and I pointed fingers at another, as well as encouraged a strategy that would likely have put the townies in a better position involving the killer.  I kept a new player from dying on day one, by telling him to point his fingers at me, just so he could live.  I found the key player to unite the townie roles, as well.  All-in-all, despite lasting for three days, I did as much, if not more, than any townie play did in the entire game, and I should be voted with for best strategy.

Yeah, well we won, so there!

Also a lot of your "strategy" never amounted to much in the long run, but I guess neither did the townie alliance.

Looking back there are a lot of decisions that I didn't make that could have made things go very differently. For instance I put our hit out for Pale on Day 1, but on Day 2, I chose to hit GP because I thought she had a good role. It was out of her and Pale, even though it was obvious Pale had a role, I thought he was too vocal to have an important one. Wasted hit.

Also my plan after hitting RAB was to offer him a chance to join our mafia, I of course didn't mention this to my mafia because I didn't know who I would offer up as a switch. But I didn't get a chance after he brought GP back to life.

There are a few more, mainly with concerns to getting up earlier to have sort of effect on the day's voting, but lack of sleep is my battle.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 03:08:02 AM »
You played great GP.:)
Wow great game. I can vouch for the stuff that thatguy said. I asked thatguy how I played he said I did well and that I tied to save townies.He said that I had a good strategy,but I think that I don't deserve it as much as thatguy.
It is always interesting what happens after the game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 03:08:30 AM »
For all the mafia's complaining to me, they still won. They said I should have given them another member. I should let the Godfather make a hit when he is voted out. Whine, whine, whine. This game was well balanced, thank you very much.

Ahaha, it was tipped against us, but maybe not as greatly as I was crying about. Poor townies decisions were the thing that balanced the game though. The second-chance roles (50 rings and extra-life) were my only real complaints of the game being unbalanced.

Oh another decision that I was going to make, but didn't end up going that way, was having the recruiter on our team. My ideal team was Doctor, Investigator & Recruiter, but I let the guys decide and decoyman wanted to be the pretender.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 03:29:35 AM »
I may have appeared to have coasted through, thatguy, but the simple fact that stands that the only persons who contacted me this entire game was Vudu and Pale. And Pale only did because he agreed with me what i was already doing for days!

That and my near-permanent strategy, vote nickmitch, would have been the correct one. I couldn't do that coz he smartly protected himself... and i bet he knew i would have voted him otherwise. Other than that i stuck with Mario and hoped people would have noticed the trend... but no.

10pm GMT is the best for me. What about vote by via a nominated person?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 03:40:26 AM by Plugabugz »