Author Topic: Mafia XXVIII: The Death Egg  (Read 12212 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Mafia XXVIII: The Death Egg
« on: October 09, 2008, 12:13:05 AM »
I am cry.  I played the slimy, in-the-middle, psuedo-stupid townie role too well.

Edit:  Renamed thread...because I care a little too much about what Khush thinks about me.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Mafia XXVIII: The dead thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 12:16:09 AM »
Yes, yes you do.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 01:12:30 AM »
I can't say I didn't see it coming. For what I have done it is what I deserve.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 01:15:34 AM »
Seriously, though, let's use common sense:  How many people did you let know you were in the alliance?  Or, was it when you said you had an ability in the open.  It would've been great if you were a normal townie, but really, we all knew.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
Re: Mafia XXVIII: The Death Egg
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 03:57:47 AM »
Yeah but since my ability was an extra life that I could use beyond the grave, I wasn't going to bother with caution. I probably SHOULD'VE held off one more night to suss things out, but I was always going to bring GP back. If I brought myself back it'd just be unfair and selfish.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 06:03:29 AM »
I have been typing for the last fifteen minutes, and I have to keep erasing what I type out, because it's not fair to everyone involved to make those assumptions.  I think there's only one thing to say, and only one thing I can say without stretching revealing anything:  Don't make assumptions about me based on anything.  It doesn't work very well.  I decide how I will play each game before I receive the role, before I know which side I'm on, as far as public appearance and helpfulness.  That way, I hope not to give away tells about what I am, and how I'm actually playing.

I announced before this game that I was going to do nutty, crazier than normal things.  I did.  This game marks the first that I have been a townie and have been voted out.  I was voted out my first game, when the investigator found me after several days, and I was voted out from the Star Wars Mafia, when I misunderstood the rules and didn't care if I was discovered or not.  Losing the vote isn't any particular person's fault.  To be honest, I thought more people would sweep in after Vudu voted, so since I had already stated my case to him, I didn't find it particularly important to talk to anyone else.  That's my fault.  However, without going into detail, I'm also disappointed that no one else tried to talk to me.

Take a look at Day 2.  Mr. Jack had not been on all day long, and when he came on at night, I was the only one that messaged him when he was about to die.  He told me his role, right away, and I tried to arrange a deal for him.  The important thing is, when I talked to him, a nugget was revealed that could've changed the outcome of this game, had it been respected.

Look at Day 1:  When Vudu was being voted out, I talked to him.  He didn't respond until very, very late in the game, but the result was that I learned his role, and learned it before anyone else did.  Once more, I had a nugget that no one else had.  He told me his role, and I had about thirty seconds to decide what to do and to do it, and I decided I'd try to sacrifice myself to keep him hidden.  The end result was that I was too slow.  I changed my vote less than a minute too late, and Vudu was revealed.  Given more than thirty seconds, and I would have figured out the positive to Vudu not dying, in fact, I've got the log:
(10:59:16 PM) vudu: i'm death escape, dingleberry
(10:59:19 PM) Jason: Really, if you've got a reason to live, I'll vote myself
(11:00:46 PM) Jason: Well, I was too late.  Literally half a second.
(11:00:59 PM) vudu: doesn't matter; i won't die
(11:01:02 PM) Jason: I'm not sure what the numbers are, but you'll be the person voted out, for the night.
(11:01:20 PM) vudu: and i shouldn't really be targeted again since mafia knows i'm just a boring townie now.
(11:01:26 PM) vudu: so any hit against me will be personal.
(11:01:36 PM) Jason: Well, this is for the best, I'll let you know about someone nice if you don't die, for realz
(11:01:44 PM) Jason: See, now you're much more useful ;)
(11:01:59 PM) Jason: Take a look, now people can share themselves with you.
My timestamps are behind NWR time.  When I said literally half a second, it was after I checked the NWR time, and seen 11:00:3X.  I was about half a minute behind, in reality, but somewhere in the middle of all this, I had changed my vote, un-voted Vudu, and sent a PM to someone trying to get a vote to me, hoping my timestamps were ahead of NWR's time.
After all of that, in about two minutes, I had already come up with the strategy Vudu could use, even though he claims to have had it made before that.

So, what I'm saying is to talk.  Either find out the reason why you're voting to take someone out, or find out the reason why you're voting someone else out in order to keep someone in.

That's all I can say.  I don't think I hinted or revealed anything that wasn't made public already.  It was not my intention to if I did.  Inform me, and it will be removed, and I will disqualify myself from anything involving this mafia.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 09:15:04 AM »
thatguy: sorry you got voted out after being a townie afterall. I was actually going to change my vote to maxi last minute but I have a horrible cold and nyquil hit me quick. I fell asleep before i could edit my post.

RAB: Thanks for letting me out of the game, i appreciate it. Hope GP uses her second chance well, if she dies i'll be so mad at the two of you ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 10:49:36 AM »
Screw everyone who voted for thatguy.  I told you chumps he was a townie.  Maybe next time you'll listen to me.

Also, an extra-special screw-you to RABicle for sucking so badly at this game.

Do whatever you want.  I'll be honest--I don't trust thatguy, either.

However, keep in mind people will read into your actions no matter what.  If you don't change your vote you're obviously mafia.  If you do change it, you're obviously part of the alliance.  You're a target no matter what.  ;D

lulz
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »
EDIT: **** me I feel I know so much now that anything I say could be construed (either falsely or positively) so I'll keep quiet. Maybe I'll pm Khush
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:02:34 AM by RABicle »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 03:41:03 PM »
thatguy: sorry you got voted out after being a townie afterall. I was actually going to change my vote to maxi last minute but I have a horrible cold and nyquil hit me quick. I fell asleep before i could edit my post.

RAB: Thanks for letting me out of the game, i appreciate it. Hope GP uses her second chance well, if she dies i'll be so mad at the two of you ;)

Nah, don't think I'm angry, it's just a game.  I only want people to play it better, that's all.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 07:08:12 PM »
i said you were angry? I'm just saying sorry from townie to townie.

thought it hasnt been out right proven that i was a townie huh?

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 12:07:37 AM »
WAIT DID SILKS JUST NOT VOTE?

**** me. Gameover, good game everyone, congratulations to the Mafia on their victory.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 12:40:25 AM »
Sweet sweet sweet. Mafia did the townies a favor by cutting the head off.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 01:28:31 AM »
LOL that's not very nice.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:02:22 AM by RABicle »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 08:47:38 AM »
****.  I said some stuff I probably shouldn't have said.  I'm going to hold off on this post until after the game's over to ensure a fair game for everyone still playing.

Decoyman, forget everything you read.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 08:52:32 AM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »
i had a feeling this game would suck, mainly it was the Sonic theme ;)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 12:54:09 PM »
Decoyman, forget everything you read.  ;)
I didn't figure anything out because of what you said. So, don't worry, the game's integrity is still in tact. :P
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 01:04:10 AM »
Sup guys. :)
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 01:43:45 AM »
Yo!  My nemesis.  How many times have I said it?  Whatever side I'm on, at least one of the two, Vudu and Dasmos, are on the opposite side.  I remembered this when I was talking to DAaaMan yesterday, after he died.  Pretty comical, if you ask me.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 02:10:48 AM »
Sup Dasmos. Shame we couldn't complete your plan huh?

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 02:33:14 AM »
Yo!  My nemesis.  How many times have I said it?  Whatever side I'm on, at least one of the two, Vudu and Dasmos, are on the opposite side.  I remembered this when I was talking to DAaaMan yesterday, after he died.  Pretty comical, if you ask me.

Yeah, when you mentioned it in your first PM I realised how often it occurs. I was thinking after Day 1 when vudu was revealed as the 50 rings how funny it would be if you ended up being the killer. Then we would have all been on different sides.

EDIT: I was bored so I went looking through the Hall of Fame.

The only time we were all on the same side was in Mafia XIX when we were all townies.

And hilariously in Mafia XXVIII, you were the killer, vudu was mafia and I was a townie.

Sup Dasmos. Shame we couldn't complete your plan huh?

Yeah, it would have royally pissed some people off. But you had to go and bring GP back to life!

Speaking of GP, I feel I should confess that I was the one, and the only one responsible for her death on Day 2. It was nothing personal, but it was obvious as anything she had a role and that the "alliance" was hiding her. I regret taking her out, only because hitting Chaos Control was a waste. I thought the reason she was being hidden was because she had a useful role, maybe the Doctor or the Investigator.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 03:02:01 AM by Dasmos »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 11:32:14 AM »
I guess Pale had to finally get one right, eh?

Pale?!?  Who the **** think told Pale about you?  Give credit where credit is due, son.

I get no respect, I tell ya.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 09:59:10 PM »
Told Pale about me?

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 01:25:38 PM »
I've decided that purely numbers wise, the Mafia have had an uphill battle all game. With 3 mafia left, they need to eliminate 8 townies and not lose any themselves to win this. That is massive. That's another four days minimun.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 02:59:10 PM »
I've decided that purely numbers wise, the Mafia have had an uphill battle all game. With 3 mafia left, they need to eliminate 8 townies and not lose any themselves to win this. That is massive. That's another four days minimun.

Shall we bust open the champaign yet? :) I actually think we got the advantage when we took the killer out so early. I'd thought before that maybe the killer could've taken out some mafia members for us, but chances are good that he would've actually taken townies - just considering the odds.

So yeah, feelin' pretty good :D
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)