Author Topic: Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 5  (Read 9006 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 5
« on: January 17, 2008, 04:38:52 PM »
Much has happened since yesterday:

First, Bustin98, one of Calvin's Classmates, was transmogrified into a duck by the class.  He's the one that was always saying "Bat's aren't bugs!"

Second, two hits ended the same person's life:

Suzie sent a "Do you like me?  Check yes or no," note to Arbok.  Arbok chose "No."

Spiff fired a lazer from space, and BLASTED Arbok at the same time Suzie KERSPLATTED him with a snowball.  Arbok, one of Calvin's Classmates, also died.

And last, Spak-Spang, evil mascot of the BABY-SAT CLUB, Rosalyn, was transmogrified into a worm by the BABY-SAT CLUB.

So, let's make this a great game, it still seems up in the air, and the vote is over at midnight, as always!

Also, we've got three choices for the weekend:  We can play each day like a single day, make Sat. and Sun. a massive day, or just postpone the game until the weekend is over.  I recommend either of the latter two, because players don't hardly log on during the weekend, and rarely are on at the same time, so the extra time is much appreciated.  Please state your preference in one of your posts today, and I'll make a decision based on what people prefer.

Please note that if you are not going to be online to play over the weekend, your response should be the third one.  It's only fair to everyone else if you are honest here.  

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 5
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »
Ok, guys, someone else needs to take over. I'm resigning my post in the Calvinball Brigade.

I nominate Pale. He's someone everyone can trust, he knows the game, and he's dang good. Something I, apparently, am not. What do you say, Pale?

Edit: Why would rosalyn get transmogrified by her own team? Don't get it...  
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »
Well, considering how decoyman has been "wrong" so many times, I'm going to start with unVote decoyman even though he acts very guilty!. His performance has been masterful, but seriously, how many times can you accidentally kill your allies without it being super suspicious?  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 06:02:51 PM »
Oh, and I'll be playing this weekend, even if the game is on hold.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »
Repeating my message from yesterday:

Attention Tyrannosaurus in an F-14:

Please contact me. I've found a loophole in the rules that would let both you and the townies win. I know you're probably reluctant to reveal your role to me, especially considering I'm just a townie. But, there's no way you're going to win unless you trust, and work with, some other people. I swear I mean you no harm. Hope to hear from you soon.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 5
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »
I remember we did a vengeance lynching at a leader of the townies in one of the mafia games I played. It turned out even our misguided leader was a townie... It's barbaric but I can see how it's something that needs to be done in order for the rest of the people to move along... *sigh*

Pale, what do you think we should do?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 06:53:29 PM »

Originally posted by: decoyman

Why would you kill Khush?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 07:16:47 PM »
Oh.  There was a protection today.

And yesterday confirms it.  So I'm no longer posting when there is or is not a protection.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 02:24:29 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon

Originally posted by: decoyman

Why would you kill Khush?

Well, because Rosalyn swapped my targets. And now Spak has confirmed what happened. The Rosalyn role finally came back to bite him.

I wanted to say a couple things, though. You all can vote me out if you want. I'll even vote along with you if that's what you want or need to do.

But I'm going to put this as plainly as possible. I am Spaceman Spiff, and -- although it hasn't worked out so well yet -- I am capable of taking out bad guys. If I am NOT voted out, I want it to be known that I will put the choosing of my targets in Pale's hands. I'm not going to ask what the hits mean. He can just PM me three names, then I will send that info on to thatguy, no questions asked.

PLUS, there's a way to better target my hits. We know there are two players who are potentially immune to my attack. One: Mrs. Wormwood. Two: Whoever Pale protects with his powers. So, if we know one person specifically that we need taken out, or if we have suspicions of someone who could be mafia, we can significantly increase my chances of hitting the right person. And now that Rosalyn isn't around, we don't have to fear my hit getting switched around like before.

My point: before you vote me out, think about what I've just said.

Lastly: Word of advice to everyone who's not mafia or T-Rex. Stop being weird, ok? Fine, fine, you "can't trust decoy" or whatever. Well, you KNOW you can trust Pale, so just be honest and straightforward with him. I've been BEGGING for certain people to come forward. Now's your chance - mistrust is no longer an issue.

Twitter

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 02:34:33 AM »
So here's the thing.  I don't really understand what happened yesterday.  I'm not playing dumb.  Can someone spell it out for me?  =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 02:36:07 AM »
Also, let's try this.  I want everyone to PM and explain your role to me.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 02:56:38 AM »
I'll try.

Spak tried to swap targets with someone. Unfortunately for him, the person he swapped with was already targeting Spak. Since the mafia is missing their investigator AND their vote swapper, they have no way to "target" someone other than with their hit.

So, here's the play-by-play.
1. Spak calls a hit on someone.
2. Spak switches HIS target with someone ELSE's target.
3. That other person was targeting Spak, so Spak targeted and hit himself instead.
4. Spak WAS included in my list of targets last night, so it could have been me. But it could also have been that Stupendous Man was watching Spak, Suzie was targetting Spak, or someone else entirely.
Twitter

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 03:28:59 AM »
Interesting.

Alright, to start the discussion, I'm going to...

Changing...

My main reasoning for this is that he has been relatively quiet this game, which goes against his mafia pattern.  Stevey, PM and discuss your role and stuff and I may change my tune.  If townies are looking for someone to vote for, he may be a good place to start.  If you decide to jump on my bandwagon, I'd appreciate a PM stating why you voted for him.

Also, if you are a townie and you don't know who to vote for, I still need my three votes, so we could start that ball rolling too.  
---------------------

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 03:41:31 AM »
Vote ShyGuy

1/3  
Twitter

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 05:55:50 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Well, considering how decoyman has been "wrong" so many times, I'm going to start with Vote decoyman. His performance has been masterful, but seriously, how many times can you accidentally kill your allies without it being super suspicious?
It doesn't matter how many times decoyman screws up--he's (technically) on the townie side.  Voting him out isn't going to do the townies any good.

For the love of god, people--why won't you listen to me?  ShyGuy is obviously mafia.  VOTE SHYGUY
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 06:19:25 AM »
While your logic is sound, why haven't you PM'd me yet Vudu?
---------------------

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 06:32:46 AM »
Vote Pale

2/3

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 06:50:23 AM »
I'll start the day off with a UNvote stevey

Has anyone seen Khush's voting records in the other thread? I'm going to compile my own voting records data today and see if we can't figure anything out from there.  

Offline Sister Mary LeFever

• PS3ROX!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »
VOTE SHYGUY
My signature is a trainwreck

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 10:16:59 AM »
VOTE STEVEY
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 10:34:39 AM »
I will admit that I havent been following the game too closely because of the complex roles and story. . .  this is what my 3rd or 4th mafia game so its still new... and this isnt helping.  

vote shyguy

Reason why?

Two games ago I formed a townie alliance consisting almost all townies, Decoy snuck in and ended up betraying us all being mafia.  He came up to me at the beginning of the game and claimed he was innocent but look at the deaths, they keep rising up and up.  Hes stepped down from the townie alliance doo dad and even made a thread apologizing for being a "bad" mafia player.  To me that sounds like a really "good" mafia player trying to get a pity party out of the townies to keep him alive.  This is the only lead I have. . .does it make any sense?  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 10:37:29 AM »
Darkheart, thank you for expressing the point so well that I was trying to make at the beginning of the day.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 10:43:06 AM »
A mafia member voted for stevey yesterday, so I don't think he's guilty.

VOTE SHYGUY
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 11:14:07 AM »
Okay, this is all really confusing, but...

I just looked at the "winning" voting records for the past days and here they are:

No Vote:
Vudu
Sessha
LeFever
Arbok
Plugabugz
Kairon
Spak-Spang

TVMan:
Pale
Arbok
Bustin
Decoyman
Wandering
Khush

18Days:
Plugabugz
Wandering
Kairon
Stevey
Pale

Bustin:
Pale
Sessha
Dasmos
Decoyman
Wandering

I don't have a ton of days to draw data from. But some of these names crop up with regularity.

Wandering voted for the last three townie deaths. (he was the second vote for TVMans death)

Plugabugz voted for the last two townie deaths, actually starting the bandwagon against against 18 days. (Wandering was the second vote, coincidentally). Plugabugz also voted for the no vote on day one.

Other points of interest:

Pale shows up three times on those lists.
Decoy_man shows up twice.
Kairon shows up twice.
Vudu first voted No vote. (and then from further review of the voting record) voted for patch15 once and shyguy ever since.

Hmm... based on this I'm personally changing my vote: UNVote Wandering

There's actually a lot more stuff here... hmm...  

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 11:24:29 AM »

Originally posted by: darkheart
I will admit that I havent been following the game too closely because of the complex roles and story. . .  this is what my 3rd or 4th mafia game so its still new... and this isnt helping.  

vote decoyman

Reason why?

Two games ago I formed a townie alliance consisting almost all townies, Decoy snuck in and ended up betraying us all being mafia.  He came up to me at the beginning of the game and claimed he was innocent but look at the deaths, they keep rising up and up.  Hes stepped down from the townie alliance doo dad and even made a thread apologizing for being a "bad" mafia player.  To me that sounds like a really "good" mafia player trying to get a pity party out of the townies to keep him alive.  This is the only lead I have. . .does it make any sense?

This is actually very convincing, as you can see from voter records...

ARGH. I don't want to believe it! Decoyman was in communication with everyone from the very beginning of the game and even Khush trusted him!