Author Topic: Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 4  (Read 14633 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 4
« on: January 16, 2008, 04:27:31 PM »
Well!  I hope you're ready for good news and bad news...

Also, since Calvin's Mom is out of the game, when Hobbes dies, I'll reveal that he was indeed Hobbes, so now, onward!

18 Days, Classmate, was lynched

The Mafia transmogrified Kashogi Stogi, who was Uncle Max.

Spiff's laser fired!   Khushrenada, who played the part of Hobbes, was FRZAPPED!

Suzie SMASHED Patchkid, who was Coach Lockjaw, with a snowball!

There is a protection from Calvin's Dad

Of course, at this point, it should be noted that Suzie can not win the game, but she is still alive, so she may continue playing.

As always, you can ask your questions here or PM them to me.

Edit:  Oops!  Left one out!

A heat seeking missile flew down from the sky! Crimm, aka Moe, was hit!  

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 4
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 04:32:23 PM »
&$!!&"*$##
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE:Homocidal Psycho Jungle: School Day 4
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:05:24 PM »
Spiff?!? What the hell? Of all the people to kill Hobbes in the end...

At least two mafia players finally fell, but... damn it. The townies just lost their central figure. At least we know who Pale is now, and we have to set up a "vanguard" to keep him safe. We have to make sure he gets at least three votes each day now.

Anyway, I'm staying true to my word and doing an avenging vote for 18 Days:

unvote. (sorry 18Days)
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »
So Khush was telling the truth... I should have known better.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 05:10:53 PM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
So Khush was telling the truth... I should have known better.

Are you serious? Why was there still doubt after the mafia and susie failed to kill someone the night before?  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 05:13:51 PM »
Man, Khush and Decoyman acted like Mafia, what was I supposed to think?

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 05:16:53 PM »

Well, just to be clear, I'm not being confrontational... but, again, all signs of the previous night pointed to Khush being Hobbes. The only way it could have been otherwise is if Suzie by chance happened to hit the real Hobbes, and Calvin's Dad managed to protect Khush from a mafia hit (which was a very unlikely scenario, especially if Khush was part of the mafia).
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 05:20:02 PM »
To take our minds off this ugly game (seriously, this is the most stressfull mafia since F-zero!) Here is another favorite Calvin and Hobbes strip:

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 07:33:09 PM »
I've tried to write out a response to today's events several times, but I just can't because it's too.... it's just too unbelievable.

Spiff... I mean... I just... *sigh* I don't think there's any way to finish that sentence.

edit: And who did Calvin's dad protect if NOT Khush?

edit2: Wow... I seriously thought that 18 Days was mafia. Especially when he started getting really violent toward the end. That's what really swayed my vote... which I get the uneasy feeling may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 08:18:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Arbok
Spiff?!? What the hell? Of all the people to kill Hobbes in the end...

At least two mafia players finally fell, but... damn it. The townies just lost their central figure. At least we know who Pale is now, and we have to set up a "vanguard" to keep him safe. We have to make sure he gets at least three votes each day now.

With Uncle Max's two votes, couldn't that have been anyone voted for last game, including me? Or Vudu, or Shyguy?

Of course, Unclemax is dead now...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 12:16:45 AM »
Wow, I don't know what is going on or who to vote for, but since I am only on the computer in the early morning...I will just take a guess.

Vote Stevey

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 12:58:15 AM »
I am ordering you all to PM me and state your identity. Buttered Camel.

It's for statistical analysis.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 02:42:40 AM »
Well.

A lot of people should be able to trust me now.  If you have a fancy role and want to start working together, PM me.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 02:44:37 AM »
I also think I'm going to...

change my vote
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 02:54:18 AM »
Hey everybody. Last night was bad, but could have been worse. Suzie should have been protecting Khush, but at least she took out a mafia member. Her protection is what saved him the night before when the mafia tried the same dad-blamed thing. I'll explain, but...

First I wanted to apologize to 18 Days, I'm sorry I went after you so aggressively. But if the vote is between you and vudu (someone I've been in contact with, and trust), I'm going to have to back vudu, even if you're ALSO innocent. Further, your logic was spotty at best, and plain out wrong at worst. Plus, a plan you weren't aware of further compounded the confusion of the situation. Let me explain.

Why should we expose Calvin's Dad when the Calvinball Brigade already knew who he was? That move only benefits the mafia, then, who don't know for sure who he is. If they don't know for sure who he is, then he can use his protection on others as opposed to just protecting himself constantly. The idea of exposing him for all to know was just plain idiotic, and positively reeked of amateurish mafia maneuvering. Maybe you were being manipulated by mafia. I don't know. All I know is that your plan sucked pretty hard.

But don't stop reading now. The story gets better. I'm going to explain what's been going on the past few nights with the night actions, and why Spiff killed no one two nights ago, and killed his ally, Hobbes, last night. How do I know the things I'm about to divulge to you? Simple. I'm Spaceman Spiff. It's ok, the only people who didn't know this are the townies, so I want let you in on the secret.

The mafia has a character named Rosalyn. Every night, Rosalyn can swap the targets of two characters. Read the rules, I'm not going to re-explain it for everyone here. Anyways, since the VERY beginning, when Khush revealed himself as Hobbes, Rosalyn's been wreaking havoc in the Calvinball Brigade's plans. It started the first night, I believe, when Rosalyn started making it so that Khush couldn't trust the results of his investigations. Then, the second night, they somehow found me, and swapped my targets with (probably) one of their mafia members (lockjaw?), who was targeting Khush. The result? I attempted to hit Khush. Seeing as he was protected (by both Calvin's Dad AND Suzie, I believe), the "blast hit absolutely no one." Khush also got strange results from his investigation. The next day, they did it again. Except this time, neither Calvin's Dad NOR Suzie were protecting Khush, and the hit went through.

From an objective standpoint, the mafia made a brilliant maneuver. However, they don't know how close they've been coming to death since Day Two. I'm going to post my Targets I've sent to thatguy for the past few days. See below:

Day 2: "So, we have: 18 Days, Crimm, Patchkid as our lucky contestants tonight."
Day 3: "Time for some targets, eh wot? Crimm, Patchkid, Bustin98"

As you've seen, two of my hits for the past two nights have come true as mafia. They've been dodging bullets every night, thanks to Rosalyn. Now, that last name on the list may send some ripples through the ranks. I'm sorry, Bustin, but when someone just drops out of contact when someone asks the wrong question, that starts the suspicion. Then when I see you online last night for over an hour, with someone I KNOW is another mafia member, that cements it.

So, here's the new plan, out in plain sight for all to see. I'm not going to use my hits again until Rosalyn is dead. You made me kill my friend, and now we're going to have to deal with you. We're going to do this the old-fashioned way now: through votes.

Now... Get in contact with me if you want to win this game. Specifically, I'm looking for Stupendous Man. Time to step up. Endgame is approaching.

Spiff out. End transmission.
Twitter

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 03:43:14 AM »
Oh, and before I forget:

Vote Bustin

The waters are clearing. Even if I'm wrong about Bustin, I won't be wrong much longer.

P.S. - I've sent a comprehensive character list w/ roles (all theories Khush, I and others have spent the game developing) to my most trusted companions. Knowledge is power, and I'm sharing it around. If I get taken out, rest assured: the Calvinball Brigade won't miss a beat.
Twitter

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 04:59:05 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
With Uncle Max's two votes, couldn't that have been anyone voted for last game, including me? Or Vudu, or Shyguy?

No. None of those were voted for the first time Pale did a protect. He is the only possibility as he was the only one to have been voted for two nights in a row.

Originally posted by: Kairon
edit: And who did Calvin's dad protect if NOT Khush?

Himself. Recall: when it's stated that the Dad preformed a protection, it doesn't mean he actually saved someone from death.

Originally posted by: Pale
I also think I'm going to...

Vote Vudu

Okay, time to clear Vudu's name, as I don't suspect him at all now. My original assumption was that he was Moe. My reason was Khush's comment at the end of the night when I wanted to bandwagon with whatever he assumed, yet he didn't seem keen on it. This got me thinking: who would be the ideal person to bully in this game? The answer was the person a lot of people trusted: Hobbes. After all, we all went after TVman on his lead. Plus, I assumed Khush might have been hinting at this.

What made me suspect Vudu was when I asked Khush, in public, why TVman was suspect that night and got no answer. However, I received a prompt PM from Vudu that contained why he thought Khush was targeting him. My response? In retrospect, I thought this was Moe trying to make the bullying look normal and not to raise eyebrows from those asking questions. With Moe now dead, I don't have any reason to think Vudu should be hit. In fact, if Moe was strong arming someone to vote for Vudu, as seems to be the case, I have reason to believe he is innocent.

So please, let's not vote for Vudu at this point in time unless someone has a strong case as to why.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 07:00:34 AM »
Wait, who is Pale?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 07:12:19 AM »

Wait, who is Pale?
Oh come on!  I trust you, but you're playing dumb which doesn't reflect well on your allegiance.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 07:23:31 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Wow, I don't know what is going on or who to vote for, but since I am only on the computer in the early morning...I will just take a guess.

Vote Stevey
Can you give some sort of explanation for your vote, or is it just a stab in the dark?  We've already lost a lot of townies, and I wouldn't want to kill another one.  I trust that you're on our side, but I can't figure out why you suspect Stevey as (AFAIK) he hasn't done anything to cause suspicion.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 07:29:33 AM »
Decoyman gets 1 more chance...

Vote Bustin
---------------------

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 07:33:33 AM »
I don't know who to vote for.  I am in school and can't analysis or really send out PMs or anything.

When I do that I randomly pick someone to vote for which hasn't gotten many votes, and shouldn't be killed.  That is what I am going by.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 07:37:33 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
Can you give some sort of explanation for your vote, or is it just a stab in the dark?  We've already lost a lot of townies, and I wouldn't want to kill another one.  I trust that you're on our side, but I can't figure out why you suspect Stevey as (AFAIK) he hasn't done anything to cause suspicion.

Vudu is right. We are getting a good sense of things now, and doing "stabs in the dark" seems odd at this juncture in time.

Anyway, we need to set up at least three votes for Pale. Once again, I will elect my vote toward him if no one else steps up to the plate. However, we must be aware that this could be dangerous. It would be easy for someone with a malicious intent to have voted for him, and then change it at the last minute to deny him the three votes he needs for a protection (on the plus side, anyone who tries this would obviously reveal their allegiance). So we might consider getting him four votes a night, but it might be hard to make strong convictions with that many people out of the deciding process.

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
When I do that I randomly pick someone to vote for which hasn't gotten many votes, and shouldn't be killed.  That is what I am going by.

If you aren't sure, then do your part and vote for Pale instead, as it will be useful then.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 07:45:10 AM »
It should be noted that since there is conclusive evidence that only allows one player to be Calvin's Dad, this player is now allowed to refer to himself as Calvin's Dad, just for the sake of not having to avoid saying that from now on.