Author Topic: Rogue Mafia: Day 10. The Offshore Oil Platform.  (Read 15960 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Rogue Mafia: Day 10. The Offshore Oil Platform.
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:58:52 PM »
Heh heh heh. Waluigi still going strong, continuing my longtime story of larceny.

Still despondant over my brother's death, I wandered the streets thinking about all the good times we had together. Liek the time, we both raced togeth in the Mario Kart circuits. He would steer the car into all sorts of obstacles and I would have to hold on to the back of the vehicle for dear life as he continued driving with me being dragged behind. He always said he did it because he loved me and wanted to help me toughen up. It worked. I have awesome upper body strength as you can tell from any photo taken of me. Walking along various streets, I came upon a Coke vending machine. I bought at least twelve bottles and drowned my sorrows with them, thinking of Wario and his Coke contract. "This is for you, ya big lug," I said.

Afterwards, I really regretted doing that because man, was my body pumped up on sugar and caffine. My mind raced over so many things and I just had the urge to run and keep running. Then, the sugar levels in me crashed and I just collapsed. Lying in a ditch, I realized that I needed to find some place to rest. That's when I heard the sound of a vehicle approach and an agary yells were coming from it. The vehicle pulled over close to where I was. I lay motionless and strained with all my might to hear what was being said. All I heard was a voice say, "Just add it to the body over there!" and then a heavy object fell on top off me and the vehicle peeled away. A pushed the object off of me and then examined it in the moonlight. It turns out it was Fawful or as he's known around here Vudu. Appearently, his non-sensical ravings had driven some people nuts and they killed him and dumped him off in this ditch.

Well, let me tell you, having a dead body thrown on top of you at night does a lot to get a person's energy back-up and I was off and running again. After a mile, I came upon a seedy rundown motel. Since I still needed a place to rest for the night and didn't feel like lying in a ditch with dead bodies, I figured what the heck. So, I haggled over the price of how much it would cost. I thought it should be free since the fact that the motel would be able to advertise the fact that I stayed there would be payment enough. They agreed to let me stay there for free if I swore never to tell anyone I had been within 500 yards of the place. Well, free is free but man did they just lose outon attracting customers.

Well, I went straight to bed. But I was woken up during the night by a scream. A crowd gathered to a room where the scream had come from. Inside, Pittboi (or as he put on the guest registery list, Medusa) lay dead. It seems he had been stabbed in the shower. Everyone agreed that it was just terrible. Whoever heard of being killed in a shower while staying at a motel? You just don't expect these kinds of things. Anyways, even though there was this terrible scene around us, people sudden;y noticed that the great Waluigi was with them. People started talking to the owner of the hotel over this fact. No doubt they probably wanted to know why they weren't informed they had the privilage of staying at a hotel with me. I tried to explain to the manager the benefit of having me around. Well, soon after, pretty much everyone began to check out of the motel. I guess the death was too much for them. Then, the manager came over and demanded I leave the premises. He started arguing that I was ruining his business. So, we argued for a little while and all of sudden I woke up in another ditch outside the city.

It was dawn and the sun was just rising. Slowly rising to my feet, I began to walk back to the city going over in my mind all that had happened yesterday. That's when I suddenly remembered some if the things that raced through my mind during my Coke binge. Namely that, Oohhboy's identity was stolen by the brains of the mafia and that Crimm was killed by the mafia and was just a townie. Piecing that information with what I already knew, I realized that all the signs pointed to the gang of thieves hiding out on the offshore oil platform in Rogueport bay. I had to hurry there for my chance to finally catch up with the thieves.

And so, Day 10 went something like this:  
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE:Rogue Mafia: Day 10. The Offshore Oil Platform.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 07:00:23 PM »
The following people died yesterday:

Vudu
Pittboi

The following information was revealed from the result of Day 5:

Oohhboy - Role stolen by The Brains - Killed by vote
Crimm - Rogue - Killed by mafia

Voting ends at Midnight Eastern as usual.

We are down to 7 players. The game is starting to wind down. Every vote is crucial.

Finally, it was not a good day. Pittsburgh Penguins lost and so did the Anahiem Ducks. The Wild finally win a game against the Ducks. Enjoy it now Wild fans. They won't win another.

Well, other than that, there is nothing outstanding to address so have at it.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Rogue Mafia: Day 10. The Offshore Oil Platform.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »
Sorry, not part of Mafia but.....

Finally, it was not a good day. Pittsburgh Penguins lost and so did the Anahiem Ducks. The Wild finally win a game against the Ducks. Enjoy it now Wild fans. They won't win another.
Yeah, I really wanted Pittsburgh to win this one - they were unfortunate to get Ottawa in the first round. If they had faced anyone except Buffalo or Ottawa, they would have been in the second round easily, and maybe even further. The matchup just isn't good.

But I can't believe you would cheer for Anaheim. I'm with the Wild all the way, simply because Minnesota's fans are just amazing. The Xcel Energy Centre is probably the most energetic one in America - they deserve much better than the Wild's effort in the first three games. The atmosphere went as far as to remind me of the Bell Centre in Montreal, like the jeers and the banging of the plexiglas with each penalty call.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 09:14:45 PM »
So we're down to the wire eh? Well time will tell what will be will be... or something like that.

Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 10:40:58 PM »
VOTE ZACH

He's been unusually quiet this game.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 02:33:56 AM »
Zach has either forgot he was playing Mafia or has been laying low the entire game.  Both are suspicious...and annoying.

At least when Pale said he was going to be gone for awhile he told he was moving or something.  

Without a forced vote the Mafia can try an be invisible with no votes until the end.  It actually seems like a great strategy to keep one member laying low the entire game.  

Could that member be Zach?  I dunno.  But voted Vudu out for not playing the game.  I will do the same for ZACH.

VOTE: ZACH

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 02:39:56 AM »
Khushrenda:  Nice story.  I never knew Waluigi an Wario were so close.  They really  bonded.  Not like Mario and Luigi, where Mario runs off all the time with his Bro...and doesn't even introduce him to the world.  People only know him as that Green Guy.

and don't forget Waluigi and all those times you and Wario lost in Tennis vs. those Mario Brothers.

Or that time you made a giant machine to look up Peaches Skirt.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 04:01:32 AM »
Apparently not participating is the best way for me to stay alive!

This space for rent.

Who should I vote for?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 04:04:17 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
Sorry, not part of Mafia but.....

Yeah, I really wanted Pittsburgh to win this one - they were unfortunate to get Ottawa in the first round. If they had faced anyone except Buffalo or Ottawa, they would have been in the second round easily, and maybe even further. The matchup just isn't good.

But I can't believe you would cheer for Anaheim. I'm with the Wild all the way, simply because Minnesota's fans are just amazing. The Xcel Energy Centre is probably the most energetic one in America - they deserve much better than the Wild's effort in the first three games. The atmosphere went as far as to remind me of the Bell Centre in Montreal, like the jeers and the banging of the plexiglas with each penalty call.

Posting in a mafia thread when you aren't even playing? I think that is a banable offense and if I could ever get another mod besides Bloodworth to talk to me, I'd have you out of here.

But on another note, I actually agree with you about the Wild. I do like their fans alot and I've felt bad that there team has been stuck in such a tough division. I'm sure that if Minnesota was in the Central Division, they would have made the playoffs more than they have now. It's been reported that the Wild have sold out every home game since they came into the league. I don't know if that is true or not but I know they definitely have a packed house every game.

The truth is, I'd probably root for the Wild if they faced any other opponent in the west this year, except Anahiem. Anahiem is my favorite team in the west and I'm going to stick by them no matter what. It was tough last year when the Ducks faced the Oilers since I live in Edmonton but I still stuck with the Ducks and I'm with sticking with them now even though I am sympathetic to the other team also. That's the way things go.

Anyhoo, I'd been posting in here for awhile about cheering on the Ducks but I guess this is the first time you noticed. And since no one had ever posted anything else in defense of the Wild, I figured I could get away with a harsher message. The funny thing was, I was even debating whether I should post that message since it was a strong slap to the Wild fans but then I figured, hey, no one has posted anything in defense of the Wild yet, so why not? And now this. Way to ruin everything.

You know what, I should just start a hockey thread instead of hijacking this mafia thread.

Alright mafia players, nothing to see here. Continue on with your regularly scheduled game.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 04:44:18 AM »
Nobody Roots for the Dallas Stars.

Come on.  You have to root for my home team.  

Am I right?  Am I right?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 04:46:25 AM »
Really? The Dallas Stars? Ok, now I am making that hockey thread.

Alright. I posted a hockey thread in the General Chat section. It felt so wierd since I hardly ever go to General Chat.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 05:39:51 AM »
vote Zach
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 06:50:04 AM »
Hurray for bandwagons...

Vote Zach
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 09:53:28 AM »
Oops, I was wondering when you guys would notice.  I just havent been able to get too into this game for some reason (I think its the lack of info).  I Honestly have not purposefully been trying to stay low (Seems I have been doing a good job of it accidentally though).  Seriously though, Ive played this game enough so that if I were mafia I would have tried to be more present.

Anyway I dont blame you for voting for me, I have voted for apathetic players a lot myself.  Just give me another chance guys, I am a rogue, and I promise to participate.  Right now I gotta look through some of the past days and decide who to vote for, but in the mean time. unvote Dasmos (no offense, character thing).

In my defense, first day I was the second person to vote for known mafia member Shift Key.  
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 12:31:02 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Zach has either forgot he was playing Mafia or has been laying low the entire game.  Both are suspicious...and annoying.

At least when Pale said he was going to be gone for awhile he told he was moving or something.  

Without a forced vote the Mafia can try an be invisible with no votes until the end.  It actually seems like a great strategy to keep one member laying low the entire game.  

Could that member be Zach?  I dunno.  But voted Vudu out for not playing the game.  I will do the same for ZACH.
 No offense, but that is pretty rediculous.  I mean, one thing that I have learned about mafia is that disapearing may save you for a while, but it always draws attention once people catch on (like what is happening here, and it has happened in every other mafia I have played). I dont really have a great excuse for not being around, I guess I just got bored.

Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion from reading through, so unVOTE PALE

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 04:57:55 PM »
well, seems no one pays attention anymore after they make their initial vote.  Might as well make it unanimous VOTE ZACH

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 05:03:06 PM »
the problem is that there are only 7 of us alive... probably most of them mafia... oh well, let's see how this pans out... )not too well it seems...)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 05:03:39 PM »
Join the dead side, Zach.  I'll steal your wallet.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 05:20:41 PM »
Good news people, the mad scientist is reviving someone. S-U-P-E-R, welcome back from the grave. Rise you crazy diamond.

Also, the following people have died:

Zach
MysticGohan

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 05:22:40 PM »
  Does that mean S-U-P-E-R is mafia?  Gasp!  

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 05:26:42 PM »
of course, it would happen the DAY AFTER I die

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 05:31:13 PM »
wait, the game's still going?

then that means that there are only 2 mafia members left, right?
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 05:31:29 PM »
Here is an update of all the role and eaths up to this point:

Thatguy - The Seductress - Killed by Vote
Nuclearspeed - Rogue - Killed by Mafia
S-U-P-E-R - The Corrupted Cop - Killed by Vote
TVMan - Rogue - Killed by Mafia
Wandering - The Stoolie - Killed by Vote
Vudu - Rogue - Killed by Vote
Pittboi - The Identity Thief/Killed Sir_Stabbalot became a Rogue - Killed by Mafia
Zach - Rogue - Killed by Vote
MysticGohan - Rogue - Killed by Mafia

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 05:32:57 PM »
What?  I'm mafia?  No way!

At least I'm hot.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 05:36:30 PM »
But wait a minute! Only two mafia members died. That means there's 3 members left. Which means that:

18 Days - The Charming Leader
Athrun Zala - Rogue
Dasmos - The Brains/The Mad Scientist (role acquired from Oohhboy)
Pale - Rogue
Spak-Spang - The Tough Guy/Mafia Recruit

That means it's...............................................................................

A MAFIA VICTORY!

Congratulations to the mafia. This game is over. The final story will be posted tomorrow as well as awards to follow soon thereafter.

As they say in F-zero GX: Thanks for Playing!