Author Topic: Rogue Mafia: Day 7. The Moon Base.  (Read 5321 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Rogue Mafia: Day 7. The Moon Base.
« on: April 14, 2007, 07:55:06 PM »
Waluigi here. Still continuing my story of criminal genius in action.

I arrived at the abandoned mine and quickly grabbed a flashlight and entered. After walking some time, I came upon another figure ahead of me in the distance. I started to creep up to find out who it was when I stubbed my foot on a mine cart rail. The resulting noise caused the figure to see I was behind him and flee. I ran in pursuit. As we ran, there was a sudden rumble in the cave and part of it collapsed on the figure. I rushed over to the collapse and began pulling away rocks. I soon found the person trapped underneath. It was my stoolie. I worked as fast as I could to pull him from out of the rocks and after some time was finally able to do so. Slowly, the eyes of my informant opened and blinked for awhile.

"Are you ok?" I asked, "Can your hear me? Do you need any help?"

But my informant sprang to his feet and said:

"WARIO LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waha, you didn't even know it was me, did you Waluigi? That's because WARIO IS THE MASTER OF DISGUISE. Actually, I'm the MASTER OF EVERYTHING, especially Mafia, or as I like to call it, WAFIA. Drink Coke."

"Of course I knew it was you, stupid. Who else would I turn to for information? We're brothers for crying out loud. And some disguise! You just wore a trenchcoat. Anyone can recognize you," I argued.

"You didn't realize it was me when I was dressed as WaDaisy the other night?" he replied.

"That was you? What... the.." I said stunned.

"Master of Disguise baby!", he answered.

"I.... I.... have to get me bearings," I said, feeling very nauseous and walked away leaving my informant to start gloating away.

"Shank it! Ahh hah hah hah!" he called out as I ran away to the entrance of the cave.

But on my way back out, I ran upon a group of people coming into the cave.

"Where are you all going?" I asked.

"There's been an explosion in the cave. Appearantly, some nut was setting off Ba-bombs in the cave in an attempted robbery. Anyways, it resulted in a large ba-boomb called Punchinello going off and causing a cave-in," explained a passerby.

That explained the rumble that caused the cave-in, I thought. I went in the direction of the people and soon we came into a room that had just been freshly blasted. People were clearing out rubble everywhere. As this clean-up was going on, I began to do an investigation of my own. After awhile, someone suddenly called out that they had found a body. Everyone hurried to see who it was. It turns out it was Croco, although that was just a nickname. According to the documents in his wallet, his real name was Thatguy. No wonder he went by the name Croco. I decided to leave the cave since there was too many people around and investigate this death on my own.

Leaving the cave, I went back to town. Unfortunately main street was closed because the dignitary of Xylvania was visiting and the city was throwing him a parade. As I waited for the parade to pass by, shots rang out. There were some screams and then like an explosion, the news of what happened rushed through the crowd. Kaiser NuclearSpeed Vlad had just been assassinated. I quickly hightailed it out of there. If some nut was willing to shoot Kaiser Vlad, imagine what would happen if he saw an even greater dignitary like myself.

In my rush to escape though, I came upon some very interesting information. The big rumor was that the gang of thieves had taken a rocket ship and blasted off to their moonbase. For once, a rumor that didn't sound like total nonsense. I was definitely going to look into this.

And so Day 7 came and happened to go something like this:  
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE:Rogue Mafia: Day 7. The Moon Base.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 07:55:59 PM »
Here are the people who died yesterday:

Thatguy
Nuclearspeed

Also, Congratulations to everyone who has made it this far. There are 12 people dead and 12 alive, so you have beaten out half of the players to make it to this point.

Voting ends at Midnight Eastern again. That deadline never gets old.

The Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Ottawa Senators 4-3 yesterday, which is great. Hopefully, they can keep it up and win the game they have to play today also. Not only does Pittsburgh play but so do the Anahiem Ducks. Here's hoping Anahiem wins and takes the series lead 3-0.

I think that does it for announcements again.

Actually, there is a question that was asked yesterday when I wasn't around (which was most of the day) and appearently, an answer is still being requested for it. So, here we go:

Actually, Khush, could you give us a hand, there seems to be some confusion here. Let's be hypothetical, here. If the Mad Scientist's role is stolen, what happens? I just thought we wouldn't find out until the thief of the role is killed, and since it says that the brains acquired one role on the list of players and rolls, I assumed Oohhboy was telling the truth about being the mad scientist. Could you clear that up?

If the mad scientist role is stolen by the brains, here are some things to know about:

One, the brains could only bring back one person because it is only good for one more resurrect.

Two, no roles will be revealed because of the theft but there will be a note mentioning the mafia acquired a role.

If the brains does bring someone back, when I update who everyone is and the roles and how they died, I would still only list the original scientist's role as stolen. No one will know that the original scientist had the role until the brains has died.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE: Rogue Mafia: Day 7. The Moon Base.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 08:03:11 PM »
I swear, if I double post one more time during this game. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 08:03:22 PM »
VOTE WANDERING
Potential Placeholder.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 08:57:01 PM »
I have no idea who the remaining mafia members are, and I don't really care. My latest hijinks have drawn a lot of attention to Coca-Cola, so they've given me a big raise. Now I'm rich, RICH, RICH!

But I need MORE. That treasure in Rougeport everyone's been talking about should do nicely....
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 09:14:29 PM »
I honestly think thatguy had a point yesterday, and Khush's post today somewhat confirms it. oohboy could probably was the mad scientist, but his role was stolen so wandering's whole reason to vote for thatguy was flawed.

VOTE WANDERING
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 10:44:09 PM »

I honestly think thatguy had a point yesterday, and Khush's post today somewhat confirms it. oohboy could probably was the mad scientist, but his role was stolen so wandering's whole reason to vote for thatguy was flawed.

(stepping out of character) I agree, actually. Thatguy could still have been mafia - I see no reason to think sessha wasn't on our side, and I doubt she'd make such a firm statement about thatguy's guilt if she didn't have something to back it up. But it looks like me and 18 days were wrong about oohhboy being guilty. I'm doing pretty badly this game, aren't I? Damn.

Damndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamn.

Okay. Looking back at previous threads, the following living players have voted for people we know were innocent:

Athrun Zala - garnee, oohhboy
Dasmos - stevey, oohhboy
Pale - stevey, shyguy
Spak-Spang - sessha, shyguy
18 days - garnee
TVMan - oohhboy
Wandering - oohhboy

I'm going to unVOTE PALE.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 06:50:52 AM »
Keep in mind, I only voted for oohhboy because someone fallaciously started a bandwagon against me.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 11:52:46 AM »
And I only voted for Oohhboy to save you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »
You still started the whole thing.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 01:38:31 PM »
Crap.

Iggy Koopa doesn't work on weekends...and yet Mafia continues without him.

I really don't know what has been going on these past few days.

I will vote:

S-U-P-E-R

This is a placeholder random vote because I have no idea what has been doing, but I feel everyone should vote when you can in the game.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 02:44:49 PM »
VOTE 18 DAYS
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 02:48:29 PM »
Crimm, how far behind are you?  17 miles?  28?  You died a few days ago.  So did I.  Technically, I'm not talking to you.  Because I'm dead.  And I stole your wallet.  Anyways, I'm off.  At this rate, it'll take you fifty years to become as awesome of a ghost as I am.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 02:53:22 PM »
Augh, how can I be loosing? Wario never looses! Looks like I'll have to VOTE SUPER to save myself.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 03:17:13 PM »
Trust me Spak read the last couple of threads. Don't throw away your vote.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 03:29:38 PM »
If it's a tie between wandering and SUPER I'm going to have to go ahead and VOTE SUPER.  I think wandering's an idiot, but I don't think he's mafia.  

Besides, Ty's been pretty quiet this game.  He's generally one of the first ones dead, so to make it this far is suspicious in its own right.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 03:55:20 PM »
I'm completely lost ._.U

I hate not knowing the roles of the dead ¬¬

I'll refrain from voting this time, lots of post and such to analyze....
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 04:47:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Athrun Zala
I hate not knowing the roles of the dead ¬¬
I agree; I vote we never play another mafia game where the roles aren't revealed after someone dies.  It removes most of the strategy from the game and the entire thing turns into a series of bluffs and guesses.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 05:01:19 PM »
I'm gonna Vote SUPER just because Vudu did and I've been held up at work for 46 of the last 72 hours not participating in mafia games.

:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 05:08:29 PM »
Well, voting is over and S-U-P-E-R is dead. Ah, S-U-P-E-R, my hero. Once again your genius is not appreciated.

Let's get those night actions in people.