Author Topic: Rogue Mafia: Day 4. The Old Abandoned Castle.  (Read 12845 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Rogue Mafia: Day 4. The Old Abandoned Castle.
« on: April 11, 2007, 07:52:28 PM »
Ehhhh. Waluigi once again. Continuing a fascinatingly boring story of thievery.

My informant had gotten the last of my golf clubs removed from him yesterday and had left the hospital in the evening. Due to his condition, he decided to avoid strenous excercise and went to the racetrack instead. A go-kart racetrack that he owned. I met up with him there. We made a wager again but on my terms. If I win, he has got to tell me all that he knows. But if he wins, he gets all the information I have. He accepted and fell into my trap. I'm a very good racer, you know. In the Mario tour circuits, I've won gold in the Mushroom cup in the 50cc at least twice. Ha ha ha. Very impressive I know.

So, we raced around the looping track. It was just a figure eight. After the first two laps, I had finally figured out where the corners were. Of course, my constant driving in the grass strategy was not paying off as my informant was somehow in the lead. Time for my secret weapon. I pulled out a bob-omb and launched it ahead of him. It blew up knocking him high into the air. However, he got himself together and continued on still in the lead. Puzzled that he was still ahead of me, I drove off the grass and back on to the highway. I also had a green shell with me and carefully started to aim. But then I thought, heck with this, and just a luanched a blue shell. While he was still in the air, I passed him and crossed the finish line.

"Waluigi's number one," I cried. The stoolie just grumbled something. "Time to pay up. What do you have to tell me?", I asked.

"Ah, hello old friend. So I hear we're finally getting some information today, that's a refreshing change of pace. Refreshing like delicious Coca-Cola." he said. He then added, "If you could show me that information, I'll tell you all that has happened."

"Fair enough," I replied. I then passed along the papers I had collected on the various murder victims.

After studying them, he said to me, "Shift Key was The Muscle of the mafia. He was killed by other rogues."

"The muscle? That makes sense. They'd obviously use the metroid on someone to drain their power and keep them from acting against the mafia. What else?"

"The fact that Sir_Stabbalot had all all his information stolen tells me that he was the victim of an identity theft. This identity theft means I can not know what role he used to be."

"I should of realized that the first day. What else?"

"Stevey was just a rogue who was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I guess he was suspicious enough to other people to cause them to gang up on him. Tom Nook however, is a different story completely. He was renting a warehouse to the the mafia and was killed by them because of a rent disagreement. It's a shame to because Tom Nook was a chivalrous villain and was just keeping the mafia close until he could finish them off himself."

"Incredible. But what about MaryJane?"

"Ah. Now this is an interesting entanglement. MaryJane was The Slasher that has been terrorizing this town for years. Appearently, he was trying to kill the shadowy figure you saw running away. However, he was stabbed in the back by some guy trying to act tough."

"A tough guy, eh? Well, this has been very enlightening. Not bad..... for you."

"I suppose you are going to go to the undersea lab now?"

"How did you know about that?"

"It's all over the news. The undersea lab surfaced to the top of the water. A group of people banded together, found it, broke in and started destroying it."

With that, I was gone. I drove to the docks and stole a boat. Sure enough, floating on the water was a giant bubble like lab. Climbing through a hole blasted in a side of the base, I hurried down some corridors. Finding a map, I studied and figured out where the Main Computer was. I raced towards. When I got there I found two people, one dead and the other crying over him. The dead man was a ShyGuy named Shyguy. His friend spoke up.

"We were caught in a firefight man. The gang clearly didn't expect us to get to this room. We were at a standstill so I called for Back-up which was the ShyGuy . We were able to turn the tide and bust in here but by that time, they had made a hole in the floor and were escaping through it. The shyguy, he got caught in the middle of the fight and was taken down. It was an accident. We didn't mean it. He just... he just someone wound up in harm's way," the villain tearfully explained. Then he broke down sobbing.

I left him and went to the computer. In the haste to escape, the gang forgot to delete a sent e-mail. It seems they were going to hide out at an old abandoned castle they had and meet up with a new recruit. I was turning to go when another e-mail arrived. It was from someone claiming their experiment had a breakthrough development. The experiment was being conducted here in this lab. I consulted a map and hurried towards. I found the room and entered.

"Who are you?" demanded the angry doctor as I entered.

"Waluigi. The one and only," I answered, "What is this experiment you have?"

"How do you know about this? Did my wife tell you? Were you sleeping with her to pump her for information on my experiments?"

"Whaaat? No! I got your e-mail. Now what is it?" I answered. This was one mad scientist.

"I see. I was expecting someone else. Now witness the power of science and magic!" he cried and hit a button.

Suddenly, a portal opened up in the room and from it came some dark matter. I watched as it moved along the room towards a table. And there lying on the table was........... Sir_Stabbalot. The Mad Scientist was experimenting on him! The dark matter took over the space commando and suddenly, he sprang to life!

"Brillaint!" yelled the scientist, "I call it the Ing. They have infused this pirate with new life and purpose. How do you feel?"

The space pirate answered:

"And I know just how you can get it," I cried. "Follow me. We're going to invade a castle."

It turns out, I wasn't the only one who learned about the castle hidout. When we got there the next day, a bunch of other people were already there. The 4th day went something like this:
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE:Rogue Mafia: Day 4. The Old Abandoned Castle.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 07:56:26 PM »
Just in case the story is too much to follow, here's the quick facts:

Shift Key - The Muscle - Voted out.
Sir_Stabbalot - Identity Theft
Stevey - Rogue - Voted out
Garnee - The Chivalrous Rogue - Mafia hit
MaryJane - The Slasher - Killed by Tough Guy
Shyguy - The Back-Up - Voted Out

Voting ends at Midnight Eastern, like usual.

Sir_Stabbalot was brought back to join us for the day, courtesy of the mad scientist. Looks like the townies could use some help.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
RE: Rogue Mafia: Day 4. The Old Abandoned Castle.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:06:08 PM »
Heh, this is just getting better. So we have a Zombie on the prowl?
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 08:12:06 PM »
I don't get it, Garnee still doesn't show up even when he has one of the most important roles in the game. There needs to be a "No Garnee" rule in place.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 08:51:17 PM »
Can I get in on the IM loop here? There's a lot of new people playing instead of the usual circle of Australians on MSN IM. I also have AIM! Drop me a PM for contact info.

Also, Shyguy was a good guy... I think people on the Mantidor bandwagon yesterday were onto something.

Voting Mantidor for now but I'm open to suggestions.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 09:54:05 PM »
Voting Mantidor

I will continue to to follow my theory on this. My continuing investigations have also uncovered several other possible suspects with the new information that has been unveiled. This super villain alliance will not be undone by greed until we have cleared all opposition to our might.

My counter espionage report should be finalised sometime by the end of the day if all is well. I can only hope that villains with true visions of tyranny will stand strong and preveil.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 11:29:56 PM »
I'm back.

And I'm mad.

Vote Pale
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 05:53:35 AM »

Originally posted by: MysticGohan

Just getting bettter! WHAT! Good townies are dead all over the joint, onlyt my blind hit on Shift-Key has amounted to anything! Why are you joyous? vote cancelled.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 06:05:13 AM »

Originally posted by: 18 Days

Originally posted by: MysticGohan

Just getting bettter! WHAT! Good townies are dead all over the joint, onlyt my blind hit on Shift-Key has amounted to anything! Why are you joyous? VOTE MYSTICGOHAN
good point ^^

VOTE MYSTICGOHAN
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 06:13:00 AM »
On second thought, I doubt any mafia member would be so obvious as to express delight at the townies expense. So consider my vote just a placeholder for now.

I need to come online more often during the end-day times and see what's happening then.  
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 06:55:18 AM »
Man, I need to recalculate my hate list now!  I hope I find some time to do this today..

I'll probably just be playing Pokemon Pearl instead.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 07:04:33 AM »
You know what?  *EDIT* NO VOTE.  It looks like Pittboi may be a little more participatory now.
He voted the first day to save himself, and then he hasn't been back around.
Sir_Stabbalot, is there anything you know?    

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 07:46:55 AM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos
I don't get it, Garnee still doesn't show up even when he has one of the most important roles in the game. There needs to be a "No Garnee" rule in place.
I've been saying that since, like, Mafia VI.

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R
Also, Shyguy was a good guy... I think people on the Mantidor bandwagon yesterday were onto something.
That doesn't exactly make sense.  We voted for Mantidor because he tried to save stevey at the last minute on day 2.  But it has since come to light that stevey was a townie; trying to save him isn't exactly damning.

VOTE PITTBOI because thatguy just reminded me how much I dislike that guy.  pun intended

I am the great Fawful, who is named Fawful! I am here, laughing at you! If you are giving us the chase, just to get your silly priceless treasure, then you are idiots of foolishness! The sweet treasure will soon be the bread that makes the sandwich of my desires! And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pittbboi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 07:52:53 AM »
Hey--I have been around! The past two days have all been just repeats of day 1, and I didn't just want to throw around a vote...

Now that we know something, hmmm...I'm confused about the Identity Thief. If the Identity Thief offed Sir_Stabbalot day 1, to me that's an indication that the Identity Thief knew something about Sir_Stabbalot's role, if he had one. I mean, it would be pretty ridiculous for the Identity Thief to use his power Day 1 without there being any clue of who anyone could possibly be.

Who was in the position to possibly know something about Sir_Stabbalot? I'm going to say Pale. That back and forth between the two on Day 1 looked too obviously like bait. My guess is Pale is the Identity Thief and knew Sir_Stabbalot was mafia and used his power to join the bad boy club. He was counting on people NOT voting for him day 2 because, thanks to the public tiff he staged with Sir_Stabbalot the day before, he had become such an obvious candidate for public lynching that people wouldn't do it. People tend to think that's it's never the most obvious person, but if Pale was counting on that, it would be the perfect cover. And I'd say it worked.

Then again...given the assumption that Pale is the Identity Thief, if Sir_Stabbalot wasn't mafia and Pale miscalculated, that would make him just a townie--albeit a townie with possibly a special role....

I dunno...after all that I still don't know who to vote for. Oh well, I think I'll throw caution to the wind and Vote Pale.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 08:07:30 AM »
That makes little to no sense.  (leaning towards none)

The Identity Thief probably used his role on day one because he was afraid of dying before he got a chance.  (In one of the mafia games I was the serial killer and was killed by the vigilante on the first night; it sucked.)  How would the Identity Thief know anything?  Even if he were somehow working with the cop, the cop wouldn't know anything on day one.  Even if the Identity Thief somehow had "inside information", Pale's role as a mod wouldn't give him any special info.

It seems to me that you are trying to save your own ass, which is under fire like burning oatmeal in a bowl of porridge.

EDIT:  And we now have a four-way tie.  This is awesome.  Awesome like the Fonz, who is cool and has two thumbs.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pittbboi

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 08:22:04 AM »
Hey, it was my turn at speculation, figured I should share my thoughts.

But why would the identity thief care? If they were killed the first day with or without using their power it wouldn't matter because they'd still be dead, right? I don't know what the vigilante does so I can't comment on that, but it's just seems odd to me that the identity thief would just go for broke and use his/her ability on the first day. They'd only be able to use it once, that would be quite the risk.

I still think it's Pale, but I have no way of knowing whether he knew something or was operating on a strong hunch, or how he would know something if he in fact did. I'm going back to them arguing day 1, that seemed just a little too suspicious for it to not have been staged by at least one of them.  

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 08:26:12 AM »
If you're the Identity Thief there's not much incentive to wait to use your role.  It's generally pretty hard to determine who has what role, so it's going to be a crap shoot no matter what.  If you wait for a while, some plain ol' townies could die, which increases your chances of stealing a "good" role.  But just as easily the opposite could happen where people will "good" roles die and you're left with a bunch of townies.  Regardless, you can't do anything special as the Identity Thief (except steal someone's identity) so there's little point in waiting around not doing anything.

Offline Pittbboi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 08:29:49 AM »
I suppose...

Anyway, I have still have my hunch...so I'm going to keep my vote on Pale until something more lucrative pops up.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 08:39:28 AM »
I'm starting to wish the scientist had left me in my grave... You're all morons. Life is wasted on the living...

Why was Pale so defensive when I told him to vote for himself? Why has he avoided voting for Shift Key, the mafia member? He could be one of them.

Why was I killed? Why has he ignored me since then? He could be the Identity Thief.

The doc had to almost chop me to bits to get me to come back. Now I'm a chimera of human and Space Pirate pieces. I can't hold my quantum assault cannon anymore, but there are more then enough of your human weapons I can use. I don't care about magic tricks, we'll see how Vaati's spells take armor-piercing bullets.

If he's the Identity Thief, I'll be avenged. If he's mafia, my second death will be as a martyr.

You better get running.

"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 09:55:47 AM »

it worked? the only reason I voted for shyguy was because that was the only way I thought of saving myself but I didn't expect it to work, I would have voted oohboy just in revenge, but I knew that wouldn't do anything, remember that Pale voted for shyguy first, I saw it as my only chance...

I will EDITED VOTE Pale for now.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 10:01:07 AM »
In the motherland we have a saying "Friendly fire is the spit in war."

We have three that decided to not vote Shift-Key on the first day, Those seem to be the best leads right now accroding to my intelligence agents. I am going to wait for them to report back with more for now.

Kaiser Vlad

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 10:06:31 AM »
Is ANYONE going to listen to reason? Even if I was just a shambling zombie, I wouldn't touch your brains, or else my IQ would drop even lower. A lobotomized chip would listen better then you. Would you at least hear what the guy back from the dead has to say?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 10:11:38 AM »
I'm totally not going to get to vote tonight or possible tomorrow.

Too much to do.  Please don't kill me.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 10:14:01 AM »
Does a mafia member who has had his identity stolen maintain any ties to said mafia if he is brought back by a mad scientist?  One must ask thyself that before thyself votes the way thy is asked to.    

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »
I'll vote Pale because I trust Stabby for no reason.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.