Author Topic: The End of Meowfia  (Read 4957 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
The End of Meowfia
« on: February 16, 2007, 05:27:01 AM »
The sun reigns, and the cat with the fiddle sings:

I thought I saw a puddy cat.
I thought I saw him die.
I thought it was tit for tat,
An eye for an eye.
I thought 18 days was bad,
The worst kind of guy.
I thought we should now be glad.
I thought we were free.
I thought we were free at last,
Free from tyranny,
Free as we could ever be.
I thought correctly.

After dispatching 18 days (the final Louie Loyalist), the sole surviving citizens of Louieville were solemn. The victory felt hollow to TVMan and Blackfootsteps - how could anyone celebrate after so many had died?  But life goes on. The two of them tore down the statue of Louie, and rechristened the town "Funhouseville". And soon enough, they found weren't the only ones living there. Stray cats from all over came to Funhouseville and called it home. The town thrived once again. Once more it was home to good times, laughter, and fun.

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE:The End of Meowfia
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 06:16:43 AM »
18 days sold out his team to live.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: The End of Meowfia
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 06:20:56 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu way back on Day 2
VOTE 18 DAYS because he sticks out like a sore thumb. No rest for the weary; VOTE TO CONTINUE
Maybe next time you jerks will listen to me.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 06:27:16 AM »
plus he voted rest every single day.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »
Yeah I cant believe you guys let me do that.

And I didn't sell out my team, I tried to fight for Stabby's survival dspite PMs from him "dont worry about me man."

And Karion asked in the otehr thread about my connection problems. I'll answer it here. Technically I didn't have any connection problems, it was more; I moved house that day.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 04:58:13 PM »
to be honest you were right naout BFS and should have taken hium down when you had the chance.  
You can call me

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 05:23:22 PM »
WOO! Alright. Now, since I have 100% participation and I think the most wins, does this make me a mafia all-star?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 05:28:18 PM »
Maybe if you hadn't killed off NuclearSpeed, the one guy who was on to 18 Days. The worst part was, you didn't even vote on the last day. You almost lost and let the last mafia member win. Frankly, I think your reputation took a bit of a hit with this game.

Awwwww. Who am I kidding. TVMan is still a mafia star and the ironman of mafia games.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 09:43:12 AM »
Well, I was gonna vote for 18 Days yesterday, but it's Mardi Gras season again, so yeah.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »

Originally posted by: segagamer12
to be honest you were right naout BFS and should have taken hium down when you had the chance.

yeah 18days what happened that day you didnt make a hit? That coulda won you the game!

Tvman how many wins is that for you? First time weve been on the same side as well! Congrats!
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 10:08:18 PM »

Originally posted by: TVman
Well, I was gonna vote for 18 Days yesterday, but it's Mardi Gras season again, so yeah.

So you were out celebrating with the homosexual population without sealing the mafia game, win or lose?

Riiiight

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 06:34:47 AM »

Originally posted by: Shift Key

Originally posted by: TVman

So you were out celebrating with the homosexual population without sealing the mafia game, win or lose?

Riiiight

Actually, Muses was Thursday, I think.

And BFS, I was a surviving townie in the very first mafia, but I actually haven't been counting. However, I'm pretty sure that no one's won more than two, and I've won at least 3.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 07:02:10 AM »
I guess it depends how wins are counted. For instance, in a mafia, you still get a win even if you are killed as long as your mafia does win. Correct? So, as a townie, do you still count it a win if you are killed but the townies win? Or do you have to last to the end? I'd assume you still get to join in the win.

As it stands, I've won two with mafia. One I lasted to the end, the other I was killed on the second last day. But if the townie rule holds true, then I have two townie victories also. It probably means you would have more victories also. Plus, it would mean I have won three in a row or at least the side I was on have won 3 in a row.

By the way Blackfootsteps. You worked with TVMan before. Mafia 9. You were both members of the Mad Gear Mafia.

Where's the big board? Stevey used to post the order of mafia games and who won. I haven't seen that in awhile.

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 07:07:27 AM »
stevey hasn't been on as much anymore.  
You can call me

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 11:17:19 AM »
Khush, I think to win as a townie you have to make it to the end. But like you said a Mafia win means a victory for the whole team.

I've won 3! And they all happen to be Mafia's that Wandering has hosted. Not too bad seeing as I've probably missed about 6 Mafia games.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 11:47:27 AM »
You win if you're alive at the end and don't if you aren't, geez.

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 07:10:27 PM »
Well in that case, I'm not cheering for the bloody townies anymore when I'm killed. Go mafias!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 01:24:12 AM »
Speaking of which, I heard you had a bet on.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 08:17:18 AM »
You'll have to tell me what the bet was about. I cleared out my pm box awhile ago so I don't know what I would have said and I can't remember making any bet.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 03:22:11 PM »

Originally posted by: 18 Days
Oh man. I really thought I could pull it off.

And unlike sour grapes Kairon, I feel wandering ran an exceptional game, he did keep to the rules. I'll keep my problems with the game balance to myself.

I'd like to hear them. The game seemed balanced to me...

Oh, I must compliment you on your excellent play. I thought you were going to win, too.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 05:28:08 AM »
We should ask the mods if you we can have a member of the winning team randomly selected to rename the Funhouse Thread for a week or two.

It would be quite simple to arrange.

Just Randomly select a still living member of either the Mafia or townies (whichever won) and they can PM the new name to be used for a that special week or two.

It would be a fun and silly reward...and it will give more incentive to playing your best and staying alive.