Author Topic: Meowfia Day Nine  (Read 4673 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Meowfia Day Nine
« on: February 08, 2007, 04:32:16 PM »
The sun reigns, and the cat with the fiddle sings:

The angry mob was coming,
Coming for spak-spang.
Spak-spang was home, thumbing
Her sword. She felt a pang.
Then she chopped off her own head.
When the mob arrived,
The samurai was quite dead.

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
RE:Meowfia Day Nine
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 04:34:17 PM »
I'll get this ball (of irresistable yarn) rolling.... Vote Stabby Vote Rest.  
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Meowfia Day Nine
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 05:36:44 PM »
Chapter 9: Out on A Limb

I am going to venture a guess and say that Spak was a townie. Of course if that guess is wrong then the stabby vote seems good. But following my guess I beleive that the final mafia members are hidden between Dasmos, TVMan and IceCold.

I am going to refrain from voting for now. Let's see how others take this.

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 05:44:16 PM »
Well why don't we go after Stabby tonight then go for those targets tomorrow, when we know the result of the last two day's work?
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »
vote blackfootsteps
vote rest
He's bandwagoning too hard.

EDIT: Ok whatever, I'll prove myself right.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 09:55:39 PM »
Ha, nice. I'm bandwagoning hard so that us townies don't lose our focus (see for eg: day 8). Also if you are confident that I'm Mafia then it wouldn't hurt to rest to prove yourself right?  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 11:56:34 PM »

Originally posted by: NuclearSpeed

I am going to venture a guess and say that Spak was a townie. Of course if that guess is wrong then the stabby vote seems good. But following my guess I beleive that the final mafia members are hidden between Dasmos, TVMan and IceCold.

Oh, and why is that? What makes you less suspicous than anyone else.

VOTE STABBY
VOTE REST
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 04:31:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos

Originally posted by: NuclearSpeed

Oh, and why is that? What makes you less suspicous than anyone else.

Well I have voted out two mafia members, one being on the first day, when two others tried to save them, quite the dangerous strategy for a mafia member. So this townie is going to vote for the player that came out of hiding after the mafia was down to 2.

Vote Stabby

edit: vote changed due to plea of another townie, hopefully, they are right.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 04:45:37 AM »
BFS's backwards attempt at trying to get Rab to vote Rest has me puzzled.  Sounds like he wants to kill him off tonight with the mafia hit...

I'm going to...

Vote BFS and Rest

... and I'll watch both 18 Days and BFS die tonight.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 05:18:28 AM »
This is tough. We're not sure WHO to vote for...

But I'm going to stand by my previous analysis and Vote Stabbalot and unvote continue/rest. With a voting record like that, it's really hard NOT to vote for him.

If either Spak or Stabby are not Mafia, then we're gonna have to start looking for stealth mafia... and we'll be down to 7 townies and 2 mafioso, a pretty biting failure and decidedly less agreeable than before.

[unvoted]I was about to vote rest and then realized that if we had won, that would be neat, but if there was mafia left, they'd get a kill and we wouldn't be much better off. By continuing, if we win, then we still win since we have to rest the next day, but if we lost then we have a chance to finish off mafia without sacrificing one of our own.[/unvoted]

By continuing, we have everything to gain and nothing to lose. I have yet to be convinced otherwise...

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Edit: I realized that my thinking for continuing or voting was short term, and not at all correct for an end-game situation with very few people left. ARGH!!!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 05:31:05 AM »
It looks like I'm doomed.

What can I say? Comics take a while to make, so by the time I get on, the bandwagon's at top speed most of the time. Sure I bandwagoned late in the day against townies before, but I also bandwagoned late in the day against two mafia members. Plus, if I were maia, wouldn't I have, you know, saved Crimm on day 1 by breaking the tie? I didn't vote then because I thought we never hit a mafia on day 1. Guess I was wrong.

I wish I was better at defending myself. I guess all I can say is  PLZ DUNT KILL ME!!!1! Vote BFS to save myself.

P.S.: Even if I'm voted out, I still have some comics to do since I'm pretty far behind.

P.S.S.: Nah Kairon, I never even heard of that movie before you mentioned it. But the similarities are just eerie...
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
RE: Meowfia Day Nine: This is the game that never ends
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 05:43:56 AM »
ARGH. I really don't want to vote for you stabby, but I don't see any convincing alternatives! ARGH!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
RE:Meowfia Day Nine: This is the game that never ends
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 11:27:49 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale
BFS's backwards attempt at trying to get Rab to vote Rest has me puzzled.  Sounds like he wants to kill him off tonight with the mafia hit...

I'm going to...

Vote BFS and Rest

... and I'll watch both 18 Days and BFS die tonight.

I don't really mind if we rest or not. You're obviously happy to hand the Mafia a hit as well to gain some much-needed information. I hope it won't matter either way because I think we've got the right people (well at least one of them). However, 18days has accused me without much to back it up - check my voting record. The fact that you have jumped aboard his little train is odd.  

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 11:56:37 AM »
Wow, I think I may be able to save myself. Khush voted for BFS on day two, and that night the mafia placed a hit on Khush. Interestingly, the last two votes were by BFS and Nuclearspeed.

Perhaps that's some grounds for changing your votes? PLEASE?
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 12:26:45 PM »
An obvious ploy by the Mafia to make me look suspicious. No-one took any notice however and I was instrumental in the following days in getting rid of the next two Mafia members. This reeks of Mafia desperation to me. (That being said I suppose I look pretty desperate now too )

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 01:17:03 PM »
I am fairly confident that BFS is a townie... or at least a mafia member who has never acted against the townies in any way? Blargh...

... and I feel that if the mafia are left when we rest, I'm going down... eheh... or maybe they'll keep me alive to make me look suspicious? I just don't know what to expect!

I'll say this... I've received much more resistance on my second two choices than my first two.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 01:17:36 PM »
VOTE
STAB
REST

I hope this ends it, but there are still some suspicious characters left...
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 02:01:36 PM »
The moon reigns, and stabby is dead.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 02:02:26 PM »
>=(