Author Topic: Cliff Notes for Meowfia 14  (Read 2916 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Cliff Notes for Meowfia 14
« on: January 30, 2007, 08:09:34 PM »
Story: Louieville is a small town named after the cat Louie. Once, humans lived there, but they were all killed or driven out by the war between the fanboys and the pietriots. Humans blamed the war on the Curse of Louie. Now, a thriving community of cats lives in Louieville. The cats found out about the war and the Curse of Louie, and decided to rename the town "Funhouse Town", and get rid of the statue of Louie in the center of the square. This angered a small group of Louie Loyalists, who are now determined to kill everyone they deem disloyal to the great Louie. Now, a bloody war rages between the Louie Loyalists and the townies.

Rules: Pretty much the same as any other mafia game, except, there are only two roles: the Louie Loyalists (the mafia), and the townies. There is no investigator, no vigilante, no whore, and no second mafia. Also, every night, players vote on whether they want to prevent the mafia from killing that night (continue), or learn the identities of everyone voted out up to that point (rest). If players don't rest, they won't know if the people they've killed are innocent or guilty. Players must rest at least once every three days.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Cliff Notes for Meowfia 14
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 08:16:08 PM »
Plain Jane acid rain.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 09:00:57 PM »
Mm-hmm. I've never played or seen a mafia game that was this stripped down before, so I'm very curious to see how it turns out.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE:Cliff Notes for Meowfia 14
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 10:19:24 AM »
Things to add to the Cliff Notes:

1)How many days can people go without voting on a person to expel?  Do you have to vote for both continuing and a person to expel?  

2)What happens on a Tie vote?

3)  Just a side note, and too late to change.  I think it would have been interesting after the 3rd day of no sleep if the Mafia got to hit two people in a row, since the townies would be too worn out to defend themselves.  As it is.  The townies can prevent 3 nights of killing and then deal with only a single death.  Even if they are killing townies off on accident, they are coming out ahead by preventing potential double killings each day.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 03:39:52 PM »
1) Voting isn't compulsory. The townies have no one to bail them out this time - if they don't try to win, they won't win. So I see no reason to force them to put in an effort.

2) Coin flip.

3) The mafia isn't as impotent as you might think. True, they can't kill as frequently, but they have other advantages to make up for it. For one thing, there's alot of them: normally, in a game this size, there'd be three mafia members, here, there's five. For another, because the townies lack alot of the knowledge they'd normally have (the townies don't have an investigator, and don't learn the identities of the people they vote out right away), the mafia should have an easier time manipulating the townies' votes.

Believe it or not, I was actually worried I was making it too easy for the mafia to pull off kills. In the original rules, which I was trying to recreate, there is no limit on how often the players can continue. Also, even when players rest, the mafia is in no way guaranteed a kill. Each "mafia night", everyone writes something down on a piece of paper: townies write "honest", and mafia members write down the name of the person they wish to kill. A kill is only carried out if each mafia member has written down the same name...which is hard because there is no way of communicating privately.