Author Topic: Meowfia 14: The Cats of Louieville  (Read 11010 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Meowfia 14: The Cats of Louieville
« on: January 29, 2007, 04:06:56 PM »

Game starts Thursday, February 1st!

Louieville is a strange town. Humans abandoned it a long time ago, and yet, a thriving community exists there. A thriving community of cats.

When the cats first came, Louieville was a paradise. But now, the cats live in constant fear. Not of humans – there are still none. And not of starvation – there are plenty of rats to eat. No, the cats are afraid of the Louie loyalists.

It all began in the Milkatorium, many nights ago. The Milkatorium is a milk bar - in one corner of the place there’s a bar made up of stacked plastic crates, where customers are served platters of milk. (For cats who want something a little stronger, catnip necklaces are also offered. Just slip one on, and, for the next few minutes, you’ll be flying.)

Lenny, a gray tabby, was working behind the bar. He looked around the place. He looked at the comfy couches and chairs, on which patrons were curled up. He looked at the fiddle the fiddler was playing. He looked at the ridiculous amounts of cat-themed décor: porcelain cats, stuffed cats, portraits of cats. He thought about how nearly everything in this cozy little apartment had once belonged to a human family. He knew this because, the other night, he had found a journal they had left there. And what he read in that journal disturbed him.

The journal described the bloody war between the fanboys and the pietriots, a horrible struggle that resulted in the death of nearly everyone who lived in Louieville. It described how those who did not die fled, and never returned. It said that the humans blamed their misfortune on the Curse of Louie.

The Curse of Louie? How could this be? The great cat Louie was a revered figure among the cats of Louieville. As Lenny worked, he couldn’t stop thinking about what the journal had said. One patron, after talking with Lenny about the dangers of stealing milk (“Don’t you ever worry that, one day, you’ll jump in front a milk truck and, instead of swerving and crashing, it’ll run over you, BAM, and you’ll die?” “I never really think about it.”), made mention of the great Louie. And Lenny responded by telling him about the journal, and the war, and the Curse of Louie. Word of these things spread quickly throughout the bar.

One fat cat, who was wearing a catnip necklace and rolling around on the floor elatedly, said: “Purr…We were clearly, purr, wrong about this cat Louie, purr. We should remove all reference and deference to him from our town, purr, that should take care or the cu-purr, oh god. The curse.” And everyone agreed. It was decided that the statue of Louie in the center of square would be taken down, and that the town would be renamed “Funhouse Town”.

And so, the next day at sunrise, a large group of cats walked, bounded and danced towards the town square, carrying ropes to rip down the statue of Louie. The cat with the fiddle played a happy jig as they went, and everyone was excited and happy.

And then, they saw it. A gray tabby, hanging by his neck from Louie’s flagpole. Lenny. His stomach was ripped open, and blood and entrails were covering the statue and the ground. And on the ground, scrawled in Lenny’s blood, were the words: “WE ARE STILL LOYAL.”

A town meeting was held. It was decided that the murderous Louie Loyalists had to be rooted out. It would be done democratically: every day, a vote would be held, and the loser would be killed. It was the only way.

A lot of cats now thought about something they had read: the inscription on the base of the statue of Louie. It reads:

“This town is dedicated to teh great cat Louie. May he always watch over us. May those who are loyal to him be met with peace and prosperity. May those who are disloyal be met with swift death.”

They wished they had heeded those words, before it was too late.

These rules are based on the original rules for Mafia, as laid down by the game’s creator.

Players will be divided into two teams. The majority (two thirds) will become townies, and the rest will become Louie Loyalists. The Louie Loyalists will know each other, the townies won’t.

The game is divided into alternating phases of day and night. The day phase will take place between midnight and 10 pm EST. The night phase will take place between 10 pm and midnight.

During the day phase, players can vote for who they think should be eliminated. The townies should try and vote out Louie Loyalists, while Louie Loyalists should try and mislead the townies into voting for other townies. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes will be killed. Ties will be determined by coin flip.

During the night phase, any one of the Louie Loyalists can pm me with who they would like to kill. The loyalists must work together to reach a consensus - if two different loyalists pm me with two different people they would like killed, no one will die.

Also during the night phase, players will vote for whether they would like to rest or continue. If players decide to continue, the townies will remain vigilant throughout the night, and the Louie Loyalists will be unable to make a kill. Foregoing sleep has consequences, however. In the morning, the townies will be too tired to determine the identity of the person who was voted out - they will have no idea if they killed a Louie Loyalist or a townie. By contrast, if the townies decide to rest, they will learn the identities of everyone who has died up to that point, but the Louie Loyalists will be able to carry out a kill. Players must rest at least once every three days.

It is important that the dead do not reveal their role to anyone, publicly or privately, or otherwise try to influence the game in any way.

Players must post in a mafia thread at least once every three days (not counting weekends), or they will be eliminated.

Play continues until either: the townies rest and aren't attacked (meaning all the Louie Loyalists have been eliminated), or all the townies are eliminated.

If you want to play, sign up in this thread before (too late, sorry).      
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:Meowfia 14: The Cats of Louieville
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 04:14:18 PM »
tl;dr

signing up regardless
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 05:54:18 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering
It is important that the dead do not reveal their role to anyone, publicly or privately, or otherwise try to influence the game in any way.

This is for YOU KHUSH!

btw, I'm in.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Meowfia 14: The Cats of Louieville
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 06:04:24 PM »
You had to play the Louie card, didn't you? I am in.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 06:13:30 PM »
Here kitty kitty. So soft.

Death to dogs!

Sign me up for guns and bullets. Failing that, a nail file.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »
Signing up!
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 07:09:07 PM »
Signing up as

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 07:44:03 PM »
If I win, do I get the cat font?
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 07:59:29 PM »
Wandering, get somebody to unban Cattank for this thing.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 11:48:44 PM »
Thanks to everyone who's signed up so far.

Originally posted by: Shift Key
Signing up as

Haha, awesome.

Originally posted by: Crimm
If I win, do I get the cat font?

Sure. Actually, no, I'll give it to you now: http://lavplourde.tripod.com/fonts/cats.htm

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Wandering, get somebody to unban Cattank for this thing.

Actually, I unbanned him before my mod powers were taken away....
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 01:04:47 AM »
And yet you didn't unban RABicle?
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 01:28:15 AM »
I'm in.  If IceCold is playing I want to be Razor.

If not, I'll be Panthro.

Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 01:33:10 AM »
Ha.

I like the twist with the rest or vigilante.

I will try this game.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 01:37:49 AM »
I guess I'll do this... I hope I have time.

I have to pick a cartoon character or somethign??

Tentatively Wakko Warner.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 04:08:46 AM »

This is for YOU KHUSH!

btw, I'm in.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Yay. A new enemy.

Of course I'm in.

By the way, if anyone is afraid I'll influence the game when I'm dead, there's a simple solution. Don't kill me.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 04:32:56 AM »

And yet you didn't unban RABicle?

Who says I didn't?

I like the twist with the rest or vigilante.

Rest or vigilance, you mean. Don't want anybody thinking there's a vigilante role. Nobody takes the law into their own hands in Louieville.

I have to pick a cartoon character or somethign??

Any cat will do.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 04:38:56 AM »
Aw man, cat huh...

Hrmm..
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 05:27:09 AM »
sure why not
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 05:48:13 AM »
IN.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 05:50:38 AM »
I have my cat picture.

Yes, I know it's very original.

Never forget.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 06:09:20 AM »
I'll be one of Hello Kitties friend... The one thats in the raincoat thingy...

Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 07:52:12 AM »
Hmm, I still have my cat picture that I stole from 18 days in the last mafia.  However, it is a depiction of Louie himself, and that might draw attention to myself, so I think I might change it.  Anyway, Im in.

Edit: Found a pic; Sexy.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 08:57:03 AM »
Signing up, not certain what my avatar will become.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 09:26:43 AM »
signing up
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2007, 10:08:41 AM »
Signing up... meoowww.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”