Author Topic: Mafia XIII Ghost thread  (Read 15309 times)

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Mafia XIII Ghost thread
« on: January 08, 2007, 03:44:44 PM »
Since I am the first to die I wanted to start the ghost thread, all who die post here and complain or discuss your deaths.

damint I forgot we started today I was in twin falls all dayand when i got home they had already started the game so I had to get sh!t together before the party so i missed out completly. Its all good I knew I would die first so no big deal.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia XIII Ghost thread
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 06:33:22 PM »
On the bright side, of the MERE 8 votes cast, only 3 were for you. So it's not liek this was a popular decision.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 06:39:15 PM »
More votes were cast for Svevan to die than for segagamer12 to die.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 06:41:30 PM »
There was only one vote for him. There were however several votes for people pretending to be him.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:13:51 AM »
Oh dear, I didn't see my early death coming...again...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 04:06:21 AM »
This is ivery confusing...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
RE:Mafia XIII Ghost thread
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:13:27 AM »
yeah but they just bruirted ny mane out with no explanation, I didnt even get to post at all. This sucks but its not too bad I knew it would happen, popular vote or not I was the first chosen and there was no explanation.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 04:03:22 AM »
Bummer. But somehow, very expected.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 03:33:01 PM »
Interesting day. Who will be joining me? My friend Garnee, who I defended and maybe bit the bucket for doing so? Or will it be one of my favorite nemesis and the man who started a vote against me, Vudu? Let's see the current tally:

Garnee - 9
Vudu - 6

I can't wait to see Pale will do. Will he change his vote and tie it again? Or will other people vote and make it a runaway? Highly entertaining. And since I'm the only one who seems to be populating this dead thread, I thought I'd take over and start my own little betting booth.

So, today's bet. Who do you think is going? Vudu, Garnee, or someone else or both? Let's place those bets.

Oh. And apologies to TVMan. I had this feeling you might be a townie and I really did want to leave you alone. But, not enough to sacrifice myself. I wish things could have gone better.

EDIT: Oh, things just got tighter as Garnee finally changed his vote to something meaningful. We are almost at a tie game. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm enjoying the fact that Garnee is playing the game. He has made things so fun to watch and really stuck it to the Garnee haters.

EDIT: Oh cruel fate. Just when it seemed like there was a chance both might join me tomorrow, Vudu conviced Spak to save him. Why? And now it will take a real miracle to keep Garnee going in the game. Personally, I thought it might end up with both of them dying today but it seems people are against more death and just hate the fact that Garnee is actually playing the game. Oh well. I guess I'll wake up tomorrow and find out who Garnee really is. I hope it's a surprise. I love surprises.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 06:37:05 AM »
Ha ha ha. Good for me. This is my worst mafia showing ever. Not only did I vote out a townie but I protected a mafia member. Good for me.

Although, the truth is, I probably wouldn't have cared is people had voted for Garnee. It was all the comments about him not playing that got me to come to his aid. The other thing is when Vudu pointed out what I said about Garnee's past record being irrelevant. That got me thinking that, yeah, he is overdue for a role. But, I felt it was too late to do a vote switch at that point. Stupid me.

The mafia situation doesn't look good this game. The NWR are helped by the fact that their turncoat is dead but the loss of Garnee leaves them at 3. Not to mention, the double agent may not be with them. On the other hand, although the Pietriots have only lost one member, they still have the turncoat to deal with. And with the accuracy of the vigilante's hit, it makes me wonder if they have hooked up. Should be interesting to find out. But the real question is the NWR's hit. Coincidence or double agent? I wish this game would go faster so I could find out.

But now for the real reason why we're here. Today's betting.

Shift Key is the odds on favorite to die with 2-1 odds.
Then there's MaryJane who is starting to accumulate a vote here and there. Still, he seems unlikely and is at 15-1.
Vudu was helped immeasurably with his focus on Garnee. This gives him a nice 30-1 odds of being the one to go.
Personally, I would choose my lock of the day, someone other than these 3. The odds are 4-1. If I'm right about my earlier suspicions about the turncoat and mafia hook-up or double agent, chances are a new name may come up. Let's go to the board.

Shift Key - 2:1
Someone else - 4:1
MaryJane - 15:1
Vudu - 30:1

We'll see what happens tonight.

Offline Garnee

• Zig.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »
So yeah, I'm dead and stuff.  Fun mafia while it lasted, I was almost certain that I wouldn't be pweened as I was, I was mafia for crying out loud.  Thanks for defending me everyone: and Vudu...VENDETTA!
Yeah, I do play mafia games.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 02:20:29 PM »
Well, it looks like the someone else getting voted for is Pale and he is in the lead. Pale's odds will be the same as the someone else 4:1. The frontrunner of the day Shift Key is not that far behind. I believe he is one vote behind. The big surprise is Vudu garnering 4 votes and only being one vote behind Pale. Looks like some people could be in for a big payday. By the way, does anyone else find it ironic that I posted a statement saying that it was most likely that someone else would be voted out today instead of the 3 people I named. And then Pale posted this:

We should plan a shocker vote. Pick someone who doesn't have any votes yet, and then all get together and change our votes to him just seconds before the polls close!

It would be great fun!

And now it looks like that person will be Pale. The irony!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 01:51:14 AM »
Haha, oh man.  I have never blatantly lied this early in a mafia game.  I came out and said I was a boring townie.  People should have believed me.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 08:29:50 AM »
Oh man, major hit to the Funhouse mafia. But not unexpected. I mentioned something like this could happen because of the turncoat. Perhaps you may have noticed that the person with the Khushrenada identity is still alive in the mafia. There just seems to be some magic between me and mafias.

Now, let's look at the situation:

Funhouse mafia - 2 members.
NWR - 3 members.

And then there's the turncoat who has a choice between mafia's. Let's say that person chose the Funhouse mafia. That means both mafias would have to eliminate 15 other players to win and part of those 15 players would have to be the other mafia and the bomber. Those are long odds. If the turncoat is with the NWR, then the NWR has to eliminate 13 other players and the two funhouse mafia and bomber must be a part of this 13. Oh, and the vigilante's also. They must get rid of those two. Seems like long odds. I don't think even though bomber could make much of a difference at this point. Even if he gets voted out, the most that die with him are two.

So, at this point, I am declaring a townie victory. However, there is still a chance for a mafia. So, let's look to the big board.

Townie win - 2:1
NWR Mafia win - 8:1
Funhouse Mafia win - 17:1
Bomber win - 20:1

There will be no betting on today's vote since it seems to be rigged against Vudu. I would also like to congratulate the suicide bomber for being able to hide his identity so far. Keep hanging in there. I wouls also like to send my best wishes to the townie effort. Pale and I are hoping you can get us a win.

And finally, a message to my counterpart, Funhouse Khushrenada.

Although my hope for a win is with your enemies the townies, I wish you much luck and success. In fact, I would still be pleased to lose this game if you were able to pull off a stunning upset considering the circumstances set against you. Nothing would please me more or help sell the legend of Khushrenada if you were able to pull it off. Remember the inspiring story of Khushrenada's first game played and how when his mafia (the Foxes) was down to two members with a rival mafia still alive. Khushrenada, working closely with his godfather KnowsNothing, was able to help storm past the other rival mafia, evade the Killer (Death), and rise up against the townie odds and be the last one standing with a townie, thereby claiming a mafia victory for the Foxes. It has happened before. It can happen again. Never give up. Never surrender. At the very least, be the last mafia member standing. I believe in you.

And if you fail, I will disavow any knowledge of you, strip you of this title and pretend like it never happened. Now go! To victory!  

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 09:04:31 AM »
Haha, man that was fun. I'll try and fill in a bit on the strategy that the Funhouse mafia were attempting.

When the roles went out, the mafia people didn't know who was the Godfather, but we knew that we had a turncoat and mole to deal with - not a great way to start things off. I managed to get in contact with the Godfather and we decided that we needed to remove the mole as soon as possible. I was fortunate in that my role included the ability to investigate mafia members on kill nights, so between us we found the mole in no time.

The first hit was Khush, and yes, that felt good. Its all in good fun, but '18 Days' wanted to send a message to the game and he saw you as a prime target.

RAB was suprised when we used our kill on our own mafia - I really thought that was key to our survival.  Unfortunately I suspect he has already gotten our details to the vigilante (three correct hits, no-one flukes three times) so I think the days of the Funhouse mafia are numbered.

Whoever the vigilante is, kudos on doing a damn good job. VEDETTA!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 09:31:30 AM »
Only two correct hits from the Vigilante actually. I haven't told him anything, in fact the Town Cop hasn't even officially found him yet.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 10:24:39 AM »

Originally posted by: 18 Days
Only two correct hits from the Vigilante actually. I haven't told him anything, in fact the Town Cop hasn't even officially found him yet.

My mistake. I had a crazy idea that a NWR guy was taken out before ooohboy. The voices in my head told me so.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 03:11:39 PM »
i gave out no information, but after last night maybe i should have. Oh well now I think i have a true vendetta for the next mafia.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 03:17:53 PM »

Originally posted by: NuclearSpeed
i gave out no information, but after last night maybe i should have. Oh well now I think i have a true vendetta for the next mafia.

I'm going to pre-emptively call shenanigans on this remark. But I guess we'll see how this turns out anyway.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 03:51:15 PM »
Personally, I think the mole is the other mafia trying to get rid of the vigilante.

Think about. We now know that both mafia's had an investigator. You admitted to being one Shift Key. Therefore, the rival mafia may have investigated Spak and learned he was a townie. But because of the accuracy of the vigilante lately, they may want to try and set him up. This would make sense. It could be the cop but I don't see why the cop would claim himself as a mole or how the cop would know what the bomber is doing.

In fact, that whole bomber comment is wierd. Why would the bomber hook up with anyone or tell them when or why he was going to blow. If anyone kills the bomber, they die also. So, the bomber wouldn't have to worry about threats of being exposed. If he is exposed, good for him. He gets a free pass for a while since no one else will want to kill him. And I certainly don't think it was a former mob member. Both moles might know other mafia members but they wouldn't know who the bomber is.

My ruling is fake. It seems like a ploy to creat suspicion. So, once again, let's look to the big board.

Fake - 2:1
Real - 10:1

Let the betting begin.  

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 05:09:20 PM »
My role only involved being to investigate people in my group. So I couldn't investigate NWR and they couldn't investigate Funhouse people.

The Godfather can investigate anyone, and both of them are still alive.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 07:12:24 AM »
Well look at that, I was voted out by a landslide.  How completely ... expected.

Hope you guys can live with yourselves.  Voting out another townie just makes it that much easier for one of the mafias to win.

Originally posted by: Kairon
I... don't want to vote Vudu. I'm pretty convinced about his story. But god, you have to pay the price if you make a mistake like that, otherwise how can we enforce and regulate ourselves?
That makes the least amount of sense as anything I've ever read during a Mafia game.  You accomplished nothing except hurting the townies.  So unless you're part of a mafia, you hurt yourself.  Congrats.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 07:51:13 AM »
Ha ha ha. Someone is a dead man. The NWR's plan failed and good for people not snapping at the bait. Best of all, this means the mafias will hit one another two nights in a row. Provided the townies clue in to what is happening. And this will help increase the chances of a townie victory even greater.

Of course, this is provided that my assumptions are correct. I don't want to go saying to much what my suspicious are since I am a dead person and don't want to influence the game. It just wouldn't be right. Still, at this point, I think I will rethink the odds of victory.

Townie win - 2:1
NWR Mafia win - 15:1
Funhouse Mafia Win - 10,000:1 (Once Khushrenada died, there was nothing left)
Bomber win - 15:1

Yes, the bomber odds increased. I see that mole message was worng. The bomber didn't blow up. What a surprise. Like I said, it makes no sense for someone to threaten the bomber or for the bomber to reveal who he's going to blow and when. If this bomber can stay incognito even longer, this could make for an interesting finale. I think the bomber is going to be the key deciding factor and when and who he blows up. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Also, if you are a dead person, you may be interested in some our non-public betting. In talking with a few of the dead people, I've been taking some bets as to who they think a certain role is. If you would like to join in these discussions, pm me and we'll see how you do.

Finally, some questions. Wandering may really be the townie idiot. He got a pm saying Vudu was the townie idiot. But if he contacted Vudu and worked with him, wouldn't he have verified or said to Vudu that he is the cop and he saw that he was the idiot? Wouldn't Vudu have told him then that is wrong. But instead, they figure it out a two days later after they vote out Pale. And Dasmos was supposed to be mafia, why wasn't there a vote for him? Now, I'm not trying to get Wandering voted out but I must say I was curious as to how Vudu and Wandering could have made this mistake. Perhaps Vudu can enlighten us.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 08:22:55 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
That makes the least amount of sense as anything I've ever read during a Mafia game.  You accomplished nothing except hurting the townies.  So unless you're part of a mafia, you hurt yourself.  Congrats.

You have to be accountable for your actions. You put your name on the line and if things fall apart, someone has to take responsibility.

Besides, if we let this slide, then people will be encouraged to use the "townie idiot" defense, especially mafia. You set out to lynch Pale and made that very clear. When it turned out he was innocent, how is it surprising to see that the mob of bloodthirsty townies you whipped up turned on you?

Be careful what you start, and be careful when you make accusations. That HAS to be the lesson from this.

Besides, haven't you been reading Khush' analyses? The Mafia's are losing.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 08:37:11 AM »
There is no accountability here.  You cut off your nose to spite your face.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!