Author Topic: Pokemafia: Day 2  (Read 22121 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Pokemafia: Day 2
« on: July 18, 2006, 05:12:08 AM »
Today is XD's action night!
Voting will end at 11pm eastern so I don't have to stay up as late.  If this is a problem, complain here and I may change it.

Mewtwo proceeded to pull a name out of a hat to finish off Stabby.  The winner was Blackfootsteps.

Black wanted to get this taken care of as quickly as possible.  He flew up in the sky and loaded up his most powerful attack, Dragon Claw.  He swiped at the belly of Stabby's shell and split it down the middle.  It fell off revealing a tiny body with a huge head and huge feet.  Happily, Stabby could now roll over and get to his feet.  As he was slowly running away, BFS loaded up a hyper beam and sent the poor shellless turtle over a cliff.  That was the end of Stabby.  As others examined his dead body, they noticed that he had no mafia or bomber markings.  He was just a plain old townie.  They also noticed a cheesey badge.  Apparently Stabby was a trained Security Guard ready to give his life for his side.  It is sad he couldn't have died in a more regal way.

As the next day began, several Pokemon were gathering in the center of the forest.  Nemy asked Wandering if anyone had told Pryo about what happened to Stabby.  They didn't think so, so they ran to his house.  Upon opening the door, they were horrified to see a flattened lifeless Pryo in the middle of the floor.  Quickly looking him over, they didn't find any mafia or bomber markings either.  He was also a normal townie.  They did find a very shiny badge, much shinier than Stabby's.  Pryo was a trained investigator.  He could have discovered people's roles every night!

Results:
Stabby died by vote - He was a townie and security guard
Pryo died - He was a townie and investigator.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Pokemafia: Day 2
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 05:22:01 AM »
damndamndamn...
I'm sorry stabby.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 05:40:13 AM »
Psyduck had a long, sleepless night filled with nightmares of backstabbing.  Stabbing....stabby?  He also dreamt of getting out of bed and eating a ham sandwich, but that was impossible, since he had no fridge.

When he woke up he read the newspaper, well it was more like a news beach with stuff written in it with a stick, and heard the awful news.  PSYDUUUUUUUUUUUCK (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!)  Psy psyduck duck-psy.  (Sir Stabbalot, I barely knew ye.)  Could his dream have been a premonition?

As he was waddling to work, he heard through the poke-vine that Pryopizm had also been killed!  The news that two townies had been viciously murdered in the night left Psyduck feeling uneasy.  Psyyyduuuck, Psyduck PSY PSY!  (Poor Pryopizm, it's probably one of those damn human kids!) he declared to the other Pokemon.  Considering the deaths of these two Pokemon, Psyduck began to feel a bad stress headache coming on.  He wasn't so sure it was humans, and even if it was, what difference did it make?  With two townies down, things were suddenly looking pretty bad for the average Pokemon on the street.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 05:43:46 AM »
Well I'm just about to drop off to sleep. I'm not into roleplaying any more than yelling HoppippipipipipipHop. So I'm just going to vote -snip- simply because he wasn't involved in day one at all. it would be like XD to slip under the radar and act unimportant.

Crimm posted. new vote coming or maybe not.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 05:50:32 AM »
Psyduck's predisposition for roleplaying never made him popular with the ladies.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 05:52:16 AM »
Oh yours is cute, I'm just not into being creative when my eyelids have escaped from teh confines of my forehead. I'll think of a new excuse in the morning.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 06:31:12 AM »
Dang, this takes the wind out of my sails. Was Pryo a Snap hit, then?  
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Pokemafia: Day 2
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 07:48:52 AM »
Once again I have to leave the pillowy comforts of home only to hear nothing but bad news.
Immediately I think back to day one(cause I'm too lazy to actually go look) and think of the pokemon that tried so hard to change the vote to Stabby and or Pryo.... the only one that comes to mind is that lazy ass Snorlax with help from his digipal

vote Zach & Uncle Bob

can I vote for two people?

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 08:06:20 AM »
Hey look.  I felt bad for UB, since he gets voted out first a lot, that is ALL!  Besides, Pryo was also trying to save UB (I guess Pryo felt bad about starting the bandwagon against UB) and he turned out to be good.  Right now I am going to go with 18 days and <vote changed> since their is no voting rule, we should get rid of those lazy people who are not participating.

Edit: Im sorry Stabby, but everyone knows how the first day is, it sure was a bad night for us.    
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 08:07:59 AM »
Hey now, I just tried to change the vote to anyone besides me.  While I am mad that I got Stabby killed (and I kicked Pryo for getting killed), overall, I was working in the interest of self-preservation.

Outside of that, I'm going to Vote Bill simply because he showed no interest in helping me out last night.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 08:12:06 AM »
(That was a terrible start.)

Far far fetch'd.<Is there no proper justice?>
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Garnee

• Zig.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 09:08:33 AM »
Oh noes, no more detectives!  

Either way, I agree with Zach.   Vote Crimm
Yeah, I do play mafia games.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 09:09:09 AM »
Snap mafia are cop killers!

Look, Jesse, James, and Me, Meowth! may get into some hijinks, but Team Rocket is not a group of cold blooded murderers.

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 09:23:15 AM »
During his lunch break, Psyduck sees a popularity contest while surfing the Pokenet.  He Votes Khushrenada / Pikachu because last game he kept setting everyone up, and this time he just pops in once to vote.  Real-time strategy change?

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 09:30:47 AM »
hmm... I dont know about khush, if anything that means he is not mafia, since his strategy has changed so drastically from when he was.  Im gonna hold judgment on that though.

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 09:44:20 AM »
Vote SUPER

Only because he didn't show up yesterday, and I like hearing him speak.  You never know what he's going to say, or who he's going to ban.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 09:50:15 AM »
For anyone sending me actions, remember that a PM is required.  I use the PMs to figure out the order in which events take place.

Also, another reminder that I plan on ending voting at 11pm eastern tonight so I can get to bed earlier.  =P  If this is a problem, now is the time to complain.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 09:50:51 AM »
I agree with BlackNMild.....so......

NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

maybe next time
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 10:04:53 AM »
This is stupid, I have no affiliation with UB, I just felt bad for him is all.  If pryo were still alive would you be voting for him?? After all he also tried to help UncleBob.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 10:33:36 AM »
I don't know if that's a good enough reason to vote for Zach. I was tempted to come to his aid too, because it'd suck to get voted out the first night in 3 out of the last 4 games...

However, I agree with Couchmonkey... Khush is definitely changing his strategy this game. After how active he was last game (because he was Mafia, at least in part), his new absence may mean he's bored being a townie. However HOWEVER... we also know he's a savvy player, and if he's Mafia again, he won't act the same as last time unless he wants a quick vote-out.

Ok, SO... basically we know nothing, and our detective is dead. Yay!
Twitter

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 10:37:10 AM »
NEVERMIND

It always bothered me when Crash used to play because he would just pop in and vote without really participating at all.  It was impossible to tell who's side he was on.  So far Pale's friend seems to be doing the same thing.

Also, I don't know who this NuclearSpeed character is, but he seems to be doing the same thing.  If Nemy shows up today, I'll change my vote to Nuclear.  Otherwise, I'm voting Nemy until he's either dead or I have a solid reason to vote for someone else.

EDIT:  *Mew*

EDIT #2:  Well, Nemy showed up.  So I'll unvote him.  As long as he plays, I have no beef with him.  NEVERMIND AGAIN

EDIT #3:  Nuclear showed up.  So I unvoted for him.  I think I will refrain from voting tonight.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 10:50:27 AM »
Hey, here's a weird thought... We know there are unusual roles in this game. Do you think any of them restrict when or how often that player can post? (Like Slaking or whatever pokemon that is who can only attack every other turn or something...)
Twitter

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 11:21:22 AM »
I doubt it.  Pale said that the Pokemon we choose in no way affects the game.  They're for story purposes only.

I didn't mean that I necessarily think Nemy or Nuclear are mafia because they haven't posted.  I just meant that I don't like these people who come in here and sign up for the game and then (while technically play) never participate in any of the debates or arguments.  If either of these guys show up and start to actually play, then I won't have any beef with them.  Until then, they're just taking up space.

EDIT:  Mew

I always forget that.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline nemyhlovecraft

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »
VOTING IS HOW YOU PARTICIPATE IN THIS GAME.

SO...I will have to take it personally that you are voting for me and...

VOTE KHUSHRENADA

I doubt that my vote will make much of a difference, but its a good way to vent the frustration.

On another note...perhaps since the Townie investigator is dead, we should be a bit more careful about who is voted out, since it would really suck to lose more key roles or even more innocent Townies.

EDIT: Bulbasaur

EDIT: I've decided to change my vote to Zach since I'm not entirely certain why the bandwagon started with Crimm and ties are God's way of saying "Your number two."

EDIT: Since Zach was already tied by the time I revised my vote, I will once again make my primary concern revenge and vote for Khush, since he voted to kill me yesterday. Plus he already has a vote. C'mon, let's make this a three way tie!!
The backwards cow says: Oom.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 11:37:55 AM »
Oh boy.  I do not support anger in my mafia game.  =P
---------------------