Author Topic: MAFIA III: Operation Revolucion! (Ninjas vs Pirates)  (Read 14226 times)

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
MAFIA III: Operation Revolucion! (Ninjas vs Pirates)
« on: February 26, 2006, 07:07:20 PM »
Sweet Pete, the Pirate of the Jungle,  did a bit of viral marketing by finding the news story regarding Louieville and craftily spread the legend of the town that defeated its oppressors through voting them off daily.  He was careful to avoid any mention of Dafagabawat, due to the utter nihilism of the event.

Soon, the drastic measure was on everyone’s lips.  Ninja and Pirate killings were constantly on the minds of everyday townies.  The idea was soon adopted by Rio’s mayor, but with a caveat.

“We certainly cannot proceed in this fashion without some kind of safeguarding!  The idea of killing citizens off daily without some sort of trial is unfathomable.  So, as a compromise, I have randomly chosen a defense attorney and judge.  Should either of them die, they will then choose their successor; should the successor die, he will again choose who shall follow his footsteps.  We can only pray that these jobs do not fall in the wrong hands!”

The Rules:

Everyday each townsperson is allowed to vote for whomever he believes is either a Pirate or a Ninja.  Since all roles remain anonymous, Pirates and Ninjas will vote along with the townies.

If a player does not vote within a two day time-frame, that person shall be considered deceased.  However, if a player contacts the game-master to say that he will be gone for more than two days for whatever reason, then the player will be granted leave without penalty.

Pirates and Ninjas will have kills on alternating days (Pirates odd days Ninjas even days—these are not based on calendar numbers, but rather on game days, i.e. day 1 is odd, day 2 is even).  The only ones who may contact the game-master with the kill will be the head of either group.  The heads of the Pirates and Ninjas are Sweet Pete and Storm Snake respectively.  Each faction will have four members, the head and three henchmen.

Now, without further ado, I present to you the:

Dramatis Personae

Pirates – Odd Days

Headed by the fearsome Sweet Pete, Pirate of the Jungle, this scruffy band makes the town’s lives a living hell by looting and pillaging.  Somehow, though, they rarely get caught and the town simply can’t distinguish between them, the Ninjas, nor themselves.  This very well may have something to do with the town’s cultural diversity.

Ninjas – Even Days

Some consider these men to be the greater foes of the town.  Despite their leader’s name, Storm Snake, being widely known, all else about them remains a mystery.  They hold no love for either Pirate or Townsfolk and kill indiscriminately.  They’re shady, stealthy, and totally sweet.  

Senhor Policia – The head of the Detective Unit of Rio de Setembro (DUR), he runs a nightly investigation on each town member.  Due to the relatively unsophisticated computer system of the town, he can only get information on one townsperson each night.  Unfortunately, due to the strict laws preventing any actual police work, he cannot act upon any of his investigations by killing anyone.  Also, the Mafia leaders (godfathers) are invisible to Senhor Policia as they are experts at hiding in plain sight.

Piranha – This saucy maiden is quite beguiling.  She’s exceedingly wealthy, yet has never held an actual job.  How she makes her money is quite a mystery, but it may have something to do with her connections with the town’s elite and her nightly parties.

Iwamatsu the Ronin – This samurai immigrated to Rio to escape his violent past.  But the Ninjas have brought dishonor to his culture.  He has decided to take up arms each night and do battle against them.  But, he has sworn to himself, should he kill an innocent, he will perform seppuku.

Blue Bangs – A former pirate, his gang was destroyed by Sweet Pete’s rotten bunch.  He holed up with a former Ninja master and has learned the ways of Ninjutsu, making him the first ever Ninja Pirate.  His guiding light is burning hatred.  Every night he may kill off any person he chooses.

THE COURT SYSTEM

The Townies act as the Prosecutor by voting up one man whose fate will be decided by:

Phoenix Wright – Defense Attorney

This man was specially picked by the mayor.  Each night he has to decide whether or not to defend the man chosen to be prosecuted.  If he refuses, the chosen dies, if he accepts then the final decision goes to:

Judge Wapner

When Phoenix decides to defend a townie, he makes the Guilty or Not Guilty call.

Anyone who is on the docket cannot be killed that night as he is under protection of the jail guards.

IMPORTANT – THESE ROLES WILL BE PASSED ON SHOULD THEY DIE.   THE PERSON WHO HOLDS THESE ROLES WILL CHOOSE HIS SUCCESSOR.  WHEN THERE ARE FIVE OR FEWER TOWNIES, THESE POSITIONS WILL BE LIQUIDATED.

And of course The Good People of Rio de Setembro.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all.      
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: MAFIA III: Operation Revolucion! (Ninjas vs Pirates)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 07:12:47 PM »
Lock and load!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:MAFIA III: Operation Revolucion! (Ninjas vs Pirates)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 07:15:27 PM »
Esta vez tomaré la victoria para mí y mis compañeros

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 07:25:39 PM »
YOU'LL DIE ALONE

(IN)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 07:27:40 PM »
Heh, I'm in! Be afraid or... not

Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 07:38:03 PM »
Well. You don't waste any time. Awesome. I'm in.

By the way, might I humbly suggest you pick the roles with the help of a random number generator or a d20 or names in a hat or something? So we don't have to put up with stuff like:

Originally posted by: vudu
Regardless, I'm pretty sure I know one person who is certainly mafia. Deguello. Here are my reason: Pyro didn't pick our positions randomly--he chose them for us.

There were four people who survived the original game--Bill, Pale, IceCold and TVman. Bill's not playing this game. TVman turned out to be the cop. Pale and IceCold were Godfathers. He gave all the best positions to the people who won the last game. Mario, a forum favorite, was made the captain. Ty (a mod) was given the position of Freemason. None of Pyro's favorites were made townies.

I'm pretty sure I know who the vigilante is and it's not Deguello.

This means that Deguello (also a mod) is probably in one of the two mafias. It's possible that he's even the Rat. (Although, since this is his first time playing the game Pyro might not have trusted him with such an important position, "the star of the show" as he referred to the character.)
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 07:43:55 PM »
THe Star of the Show got killed

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 07:48:34 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering
Well. You don't waste any time. Awesome. I'm in.

By the way, might I humbly suggest you pick the roles with the help of a random number generator or a d20 or names in a hat or something? So we don't have to put up with stuff like:

Originally posted by: vudu
Regardless, I'm pretty sure I know one person who is certainly mafia. Deguello. Here are my reason: Pyro didn't pick our positions randomly--he chose them for us.

There were four people who survived the original game--Bill, Pale, IceCold and TVman. Bill's not playing this game. TVman turned out to be the cop. Pale and IceCold were Godfathers. He gave all the best positions to the people who won the last game. Mario, a forum favorite, was made the captain. Ty (a mod) was given the position of Freemason. None of Pyro's favorites were made townies.

I'm pretty sure I know who the vigilante is and it's not Deguello.

This means that Deguello (also a mod) is probably in one of the two mafias. It's possible that he's even the Rat. (Although, since this is his first time playing the game Pyro might not have trusted him with such an important position, "the star of the show" as he referred to the character.)

Pryo claims all roles were randomly assigned and completely coincedental...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 08:08:28 PM »
I vote bill to be the hooker, as everyone would wanna ride him Bridget attracts the men hehe

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »
Judge as an official role? A defense attorney? A Ninja Yakuza boss that bears a name that is the combination of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow?? I'm in.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 08:55:13 PM »
Another one already? I'm in, and this time I won't be so easily trusting of people. I'm a gulible fool.  
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 09:03:39 PM »
Where's Edgeworth?

I'm in..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 10:38:31 PM »
Honestly I'm not sure I understand how to play, but I'm in.  It's fun to die.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 11:42:28 PM »
Apparently TYP got the same memo.  What the crap am I doing again?
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline breakyboy

• round the corner fudge is made
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 11:49:15 PM »
OK, if TYP and Bloodworth are in, I officially say I'm out of retirement.

We'll make this a PGC yarr-fest to remember.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 01:21:29 AM »
I'm in.

And I promise to play.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 04:49:16 AM »
Man... it's soooo soooon!

Alright I'll do it!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 04:53:51 AM »
In

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 05:03:17 AM »
Aye matey... no one can resist pirates and ninjas.  Unless there's a Ninja Pirate.  Then we're all screwed.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 06:09:00 AM »
ok I am in

now that I know how it works I am gonna try something different.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 06:25:07 AM »
I won't miss this one! I'm in!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 08:53:17 AM »

Originally posted by: animecyberrat
ok I am in

now that I know how it works I am gonna try something different.

Lord help us all

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 09:07:19 AM »
I'm in on this again, because last time was not completely hideous.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 09:23:58 AM »
Next Monday??
Good. I'm most definately in.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 10:01:05 AM »
Me too!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa