Author Topic: polls  (Read 2011 times)

Offline joeyjojo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
polls
« on: March 18, 2003, 03:51:09 PM »
every time i check into the gamecube discussion or mario universe etc. theres always a couple of new polls that have popped up. since theres obviously a lot of people who are interested in hearing about the gaming habits of other gamecube owners, why not have a section that is dedicated to polls? and then (hopefully) the only discussions being posted in the regular sections would be threads that have some productive value. i mean, i dont think that everyone who comes here is going to be able to take a point of interest and turn it into a debate or whatever you want them to do.  
"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
polls
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 07:05:51 PM »
I gather that the main reason that polls are forbidden is because the same ones are asked repeatedly.  I think your idea would work though if the popular ones were created from the get go, and it was made clear that polls were not to be repeated.  Some of the polls I have seen asked a million times:

1)  Which console is the best?
2)  What games do you own?
3)  What Final Fantasy game is the best?  (I cringe at the mere thought of this one)
4)  What are your favorite games of all time?
5)  What is your favorite movie/TV Show?
6)  How many times did you go to the bathroom today?
7)  What is your favorite game developer?
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
polls
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 02:08:07 AM »
Since this is a subject on polls... I am just wondering, is it possible to convert the current forum poll into a historgram for easier reading? Assuming enough people reply to make it worthwhile.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?