NWR Interactive > TalkBack

SquareEnix Coming To Western Wii U Virtual Console

(1/5) > >>

Shaymin:
And they're keeping the price sane.http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41848/squareenix-coming-to-western-wii-u-virtual-consoleBoth North America and Europe will be able to return to Ivalice tomorrow by way of Virtual Console.Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - the first game published by SquareEnix in over seven years on Nintendo systems on its initial release - will be in tomorrow's eShop update. Priced at $7.99/€7.99/£7.19, FFTA will be the first appearance by SquareEnix outside of Japan.

fred13:
I've never played any of the Final Fantasy Tactics, But I've always wanted to try them. Are they more like Advance Ward or Fire Emblem? I ask because I already have my fill of Fire Emblem with 3 games coming next month, but if they're more like Advance Wars then maybe I'll try this.

Triforce Hermit:
Haven't played Advance Wars so idk, but it isn't like Fire Emblem. There is a pretty big difference.

ClexYoshi:
Fred, you will probably enjoy FFTA, but know that it is one of my most hated games of all time and I feel is a total disgrace to the PSX original.

Final fantasy Tactics' brand of SRPG is actually far, FAR less like something like say... Fire Emblem or Shining Force and is much more an RPG with a grid-based movement system. more often than not, the way you manage your clan and equip them will determine the outcome of a battle than any actual tactical acumen you execute on the battlefield.

more accurate paralells would be say... Final Fantasy 5 or Bravely Default.

only those games I just listed don't insult my intelligence by providing me one of the most unlikable video game protagonists of all time, nor do they arbitrarily gate my progress and character progression or **** all over my battle tactics on a random day of the week. or have sountracks that annoy me. or have a fairly big side-quest to getting 100% in the game that's tied to using game-link cables to play with friends.

Yeah, that's right. you can't even unlock the final character or get all the weapons/quest items because I'm pretty confident they aren't adding Wii U Wireless LAN support so you can get the Eldagusto or whatever the hell the other item is, nor can you get some of the best armor equips in the game that are tied to that stuff.

Also, protip; if you don't want to deal with the game's bullshit in how it gates your progression, in the beginning release all your party members besides Marche, Montblanc, and one of the random jobbers they put on your team. this will open up a repeatable quest that lets you recruit clan members until you're at the clan minimum. repeat this quest, releasing everyone you recruit until you get your clan negotiation level to 30 and get the dagger. this dagger teaches steal:ability, which you can then use to steal the "Steal:weapon" ability from the first Clan Borzoi boss, which then lets you steal all the bullshit gear the game gives itself far before you could obtain it.

TOPHATANT123:
Come on now, you can't hail yourself as the great prophet when you made the prediction post Super Mario RPG.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version