Author Topic: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 171  (Read 8347 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 171
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 10:37:51 AM »
You are objectively wrong.  Next question.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 02:16:45 PM »
Oh, good point!

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 02:44:39 PM »
By the way, I was being sarcastic.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 04:09:07 PM »
You are objectively wrong.  Next question.

Sure! Why haven't you acknowledged that NWR is the home of buttered camels yet? It's been a year and even google confirmed it.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 10:39:51 PM »
Great show as always guys. Even though Crimm's review games have seemed to be all horrible, it always makes a great segment. I listen to the show every week, even if I don't visit the site or the forums that often anymore.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
I enjoyed the reenactment of the forum discussion between Jonny and me.  ;)

Regarding AI-controlled Peter and his movement:  His level of aggressiveness isn't random as was speculated on the show.  I actually touched on this a bit in the discussion thread.

Oh, if an enemy enters his attack range he'll kill it mercilessly.  But that never seems to happen because if there's nothing he can attack immediately he only moves a square or two instead of to the end or his range.  It seems the CPU is unwilling to put Peter into an enemy's attack range unless he's attacking another enemy.  I suppose it's for the best because it would be rather infuriating if Peter kept dying because the CPU was too aggressive.

It's the same way with the enemy characters, which is why each battle is composed of several skirmishes instead of one giant battle.  For the most part enemies won't enter your attack range unless they can attack you first.  They'll hang back on the battle field until you wander within their movement range.  Since there's no incentive to beat battles in a limited number of turns it's possible to game the system by moving all your characters just outside of their range and then luring them to slaughter with one strong character.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!