Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 493824 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #750 on: January 11, 2009, 02:13:05 AM »
GP, you're wrong, I like the game. Why did you even bother to quote my post if you have nothing to add.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 11, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
I find myself wishing I had skipped the DS version, since the Wii version has everything from it and more, especially without the need to squint to see what's going on.

And thanks Maxi for the axes. I've been chucking 4 a day at the little bitch but she hasn't given me a new special axe yet (she's teased me plenty about them, though).
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #752 on: January 11, 2009, 04:44:06 PM »
Hey, SB, did you get my AC message?

And I want to thank EasyCure, daamaan64 and Flames for visiting me last night. And thank YOU Mongoose for the sombrero!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 11, 2009, 04:50:10 PM »
is anybody up for some town hopping today? I'm on right now and my gate is open, but I'd also like to visit some towns.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #754 on: January 11, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »
I'll open my gates at around 7 (local time), Armak. I will be busy till then.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #755 on: January 11, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »
Armak I'll come and visit you.Do you have all of the fruit?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Armak88

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 11, 2009, 04:58:37 PM »
only cherries on the trees right now, I have some other ones in production. I need some oranges but that's about it.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #757 on: January 11, 2009, 05:00:31 PM »
Ok I'll bring over 3 trees worth of oranges.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 11, 2009, 05:17:26 PM »
Hey, SB, did you get my AC message?

And I want to thank EasyCure, daamaan64 and Flames for visiting me last night. And thank YOU Mongoose for the sombrero!

I did, but I haven't played much lately. I'm going to be trying for a perfect town soon so I should be back into it.

The perfect town requires 6 trees per acre, with an acre being a 16x16 square (256 shovel holes) and tons of flowers to boot. I gave up just asking Pelly what's wrong because there's not enough information to figure out what she wants me to do.

"Too many trees in some areas" is way too vague, especially when I go back after chopping down one tree and now she tells me there are too few!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:19:16 PM by Smash_Brother »
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Armak88

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 11, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »
disaster strikes! disconnected!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #760 on: January 11, 2009, 05:53:37 PM »
Did anybody lose anything?Systamix did you lose those fruits?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Armak88

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 11, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »
yeah, buddy lost his fruit, and i think you lost my pac man design. want to try again in your village instead?

edit: actually, buddy has his town open so i'm gonna jump there.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:58:32 PM by Armak88 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #762 on: January 11, 2009, 06:00:23 PM »
Alright heading over there.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 11, 2009, 07:37:33 PM »
My god, Redd gave me a commission of 1000 bells for inviting Insanolord! That's... sort of... yeah I know it's a total rip but it felt sort of nice!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Armak88

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 12, 2009, 02:50:02 AM »
damn redd and his pyramid scheme business platform!

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: January 12, 2009, 02:58:34 PM »
Ok, it's time for more of "SB's Cautionary Tales of Woe", following up after my "experience" with Serena (whom I still want to murder for being such a heinous bitch)...

I got my town to "Perfect" status last night, but in order to do this, you'll NEED to follow this guide here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/933195/54906

Bottom line, remember the GC version of AC and the "acre" system where all parts of the town were plotted on a grid which you could reference by acre A1, D4, etc.?

Although we don't have the grid, the acres are STILL THERE! And to make matters worse, the game is judging you on how well you've planted your trees via acre, despite the fact THAT YOU HAVE NO FRIGGIN' CLUE WHERE THE ACRE BOUNDARIES ARE!!!

And that's not the worst of it: since the game wants you to have 12-16 trees per acre, Pelly/Phyllis will tell you what the problem is with the most pressing acre at the time. In other words, if one acre has 9 trees and another has 20, she'll tell you that there "Are too many trees in some areas." giving you abso-fucking-lutely no idea where the trees actually need culling. You can go out and thin some areas which look too dense, but density doesn't matter: it's purely based upon the number of trees per acre (provided you can run a full circle around every tree). Then, after you've cut some trees down, she'll tell you that there aren't enough trees in some areas because now the acre with 9 has become the more "pressing" issue.

This is like someone asking you to scratch their back but they won't tell you where it itches and will yell at you for scratching anywhere BUT where it itches.

So the bottom line is that you could try to get a perfect town for months of random cutting and replanting and still never actually achieve perfect town status because the game uses a piss-poor system of alerting you to the source of the problem.

I find it rather ironic that the map system has been refined so they could use it to show us certain specific areas, like where to put a new bridge or show us which houses we could live in, yet no one on the team thought to use that same system to show players WHERE the goddamn town needs more trees or fewer trees.

So again, if you plan to go for perfect town status, use that guide. You're pretty much fucked if you don't.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 12, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »
Ouch. Good thing i don't really care about getting that status. If i did i'd probably never go back to the game becuase i'd feel as if i completed the ultimate task... meh.

Thank you for hosting Pap, i didn't even know your gates were open, i just checked for the hell of it. Your mexican costume was great, your accent (although not mexican) went well with it too. Me and Julia had fun, especially with your antics during the K.K. Slider show. Not that we saw much of it since the camera angles changed often, but that last part was priceless.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 12, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »
It was the same acre system on the DS.  My wife just layed out a grid on the floor with patterns and used that to plan things.  Worked a charm.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 12, 2009, 07:39:28 PM »
I made a grid, but then I got bored of trying to keep track of it and just planted trees wherever I felt like and got a perfect town.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 13, 2009, 11:49:54 PM »
Me and Pap successfully reunited a lost Cat-Kitten mother-daughter pair.

Has anyone else had A) A crying kitten telling you that their mom was in [friend's town] or B) A cat with a spatula asking where her daughter went?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #770 on: January 14, 2009, 12:00:48 AM »
Me and Pap successfully reunited a lost Cat-Kitten mother-daughter pair.

Has anyone else had A) A crying kitten telling you that their mom was in [friend's town] or B) A cat with a spatula asking where her daughter went?

I had a kitten and the mom was in Sir Sniffy's town. This was in the DS version as well. The person who has the kitten will receive a gift, everyone who gets the mom can write Child Services via Mr Resetti.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #771 on: January 14, 2009, 12:06:23 AM »
Yeah I had that happen.I had the kitten and Shammack had the mother.I got a painting.I have the mom currently and GP has the kitten.If I'm still not able to play in Mafia tomorrow I'll open my gates.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Armak88

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 14, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »
My gates are open now, and I've got some new designs I've been working on that I want to show off. Anybody on right now?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 14, 2009, 04:24:08 PM »
What, by chance, are your turnip prices today?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #774 on: January 14, 2009, 04:37:59 PM »
What, by chance, are your turnip prices today?

85 bells.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer