Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 493501 times)

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #675 on: January 04, 2009, 01:15:33 PM »
The January Charm for my town is someone has to catch a catepillar there- Yes. A catipillar. In January. T_T I've called the bluff and began gathering my scattered flowers and making patches where no one can run and trample them. If anyone's down to defy the obvious and catch an insect in the dead of Winter then come to No Where. I dare you.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 04, 2009, 06:15:34 PM »
The gates to Curiosa are open!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 04, 2009, 06:41:34 PM »
The January Charm for my town is someone has to catch a catepillar there- Yes. A catipillar. In January. T_T I've called the bluff and began gathering my scattered flowers and making patches where no one can run and trample them. If anyone's down to defy the obvious and catch an insect in the dead of Winter then come to No Where. I dare you.

Are you sure it wasn't a centipede?  I've never heard of a caterpillar in Animal Crossing, but you can sometimes find centipedes by hitting rocks with shovels in the evening (even in January).

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 04, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »

I'll aid you in your endeavor TheFleece. I can't wait to visit your town because I already have about 6 bags of flowers that you can use.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 04, 2009, 07:35:13 PM »
why arent you visiting my town then!
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 04, 2009, 08:58:37 PM »
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #681 on: January 04, 2009, 08:59:56 PM »

Are you sure it wasn't a centipede?  I've never heard of a caterpillar in Animal Crossing, but you can sometimes find centipedes by hitting rocks with shovels in the evening (even in January).

Shammack, yeah it might be a centipede. I've never seen one, but we'll see as the month goes by.
:D
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 04, 2009, 09:58:23 PM »
i've caught a few already. Like he said just hit rocks and eventually one will pop out. They're ugly little things...

/blathers.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 04, 2009, 10:32:38 PM »
I just accidentally deleted my invite to Crazy Redd's while clearing some space for a bunch of letters with stuff I ordered from the catalog, I hope the game will let me get another one. I also recently picked up a USB extension cable so I can use one of my old keyboards with the game, hopefully I can visit some of your towns or be visited.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 04, 2009, 11:00:37 PM »
I just accidentally deleted my invite to Crazy Redd's while clearing some space for a bunch of letters with stuff I ordered from the catalog, I hope the game will let me get another one. I also recently picked up a USB extension cable so I can use one of my old keyboards with the game, hopefully I can visit some of your towns or be visited.

Are you on right now Insanolord? I'll totally give you an invite!!!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 05, 2009, 12:29:33 AM »
You know how I know Tom Nook is evil? I just start saving money to pay off a mortgage, then he throws a point day. I figure I could've payed off my mortgage 3 times over with the money I dumped into his points scheme. AARRGGHH!!!! Oh well, at least I made it all the way to gold status.

I spent around 150-170K and got enough points to get to platinum and 11K points to get the Metroid outfit.  Then I spend around 299K of my million bells to pay off my mortgage.  Now I am on the last mortgage, but I'm not dipping into my savings anymore, got to build back up.  I've decided to use the money rock money each day to half mortgage half bank and use my fruit money for the town fund.  Kody the bear sent me an apple so now I have all the fruit.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 12:31:25 AM by nitsu niflheim »
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 05, 2009, 01:20:37 AM »
You know how I know Tom Nook is evil? I just start saving money to pay off a mortgage, then he throws a point day. I figure I could've payed off my mortgage 3 times over with the money I dumped into his points scheme. AARRGGHH!!!! Oh well, at least I made it all the way to gold status.

I spent around 150-170K and got enough points to get to platinum and 11K points to get the Metroid outfit.  Then I spend around 299K of my million bells to pay off my mortgage.  Now I am on the last mortgage, but I'm not dipping into my savings anymore, got to build back up.  I've decided to use the money rock money each day to half mortgage half bank and use my fruit money for the town fund.  Kody the bear sent me an apple so now I have all the fruit.

Give me bells
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #687 on: January 05, 2009, 01:57:16 AM »
Sorry everyone for not logging on today. See...
- My 360 returned last Friday! Decided to play it in order to catch up with everything.
- Was busy for the entire day.
- In the evening I felt sick and tired.

Maybe I'll log in later on.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 05, 2009, 04:41:07 AM »
Thanks very much Kairon for the invite, I hope it works. Having the keyboard made chatting so much easier, I'm looking forward to more visitors/visiting. I hadn't been spending as much time with the game as I would have liked, but today got me back into it and I need to make up for lost time.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 05, 2009, 08:40:27 AM »

Are you on right now Insanolord? I'll totally give you an invite!!!

You didn't visit me you jerk!

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: January 05, 2009, 12:02:32 PM »
My info is fine after that last disconnect. I had lots of fun Fleece. I love your designs SirSniffy.

Thanks dude, I had fun too. Sorry I had to cut it short.  I will come by your town one of these days. I think I am gonna make designs to bring to people whose towns I visit!  Fleece suggested putting some up on auction too. I usually get to play on weeknights after 7P and on Weekends all day so i'll check to see if ur on dude!
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #691 on: January 05, 2009, 12:20:20 PM »
Wow I didn't know you could put up designs in the auction house.Cool.I'm not sure when I'll open my gates.I am hooked on CTDS.So it could be a bit.I'll probably open it around 7:00 pm pacific time.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 05, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »
Well guys no AC for me until the end of the week or so. I dropped my Wii off to be replaced because that noise was getting louder and my system was taking longer and longer to load games. So I figured I should get it repaired before it really goes bad and none of my data is able to be recovered!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #693 on: January 05, 2009, 10:08:56 PM »
I'm gonna open my gates.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 05, 2009, 10:58:49 PM »
Sorry Maxi, don't know the reason the game dropped...

Had my town open today so people could visit Nookington's but nobody came...  :'(
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #695 on: January 05, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »
Darn it.

Tomorrow I'm gonna harvest all of my fruit.So don't expect much in the next few days.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 06, 2009, 01:23:20 PM »
Darn it.

Tomorrow I'm gonna harvest all of my fruit.So don't expect much in the next few days.

I'm gonna do something similar.  Instead of selling it all, I'm gonna keep one from each tree so I can start planting more where my starter fruit trees were so I can have more foreign fruit to harvest later on.  I will sell the other two and put it towards my final mortgage.  I am now waiting for my fountain to be built.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 06, 2009, 03:54:33 PM »
I'm trying to get the perfect town status, but it always seems like I over/undershoot on the number of trees.

I literally need to plant/chop a tree then go to town hall to see if anything has changed. So irritating...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 06, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »
I am pretty much sure I'll NEVER even attempt to get a perfect town. It's sorta like catching all the Pokemon: waaaayyy too hardcore for me.

OMG I ALMOST FORGOT TO WATER MY TURNIP!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile