Author Topic: Rock Band 2?  (Read 89531 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band 2?
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2009, 05:26:44 PM »
I just discovered the "link your band to the site" thing, and it's pretty neat! Basically, you make it so you can see your character/band info from Tour mode on the Web site. It's kinda cool! I took a picture of my character, Aaro:

If you buy new clothes or change your hair or something in-game, it updates and everything. I'm having more fun with this than I probably should. Oh, I also took a picture of the character I made for my cat, Maggie:

Oh, and the game consistently locks up if I ever look at bandanas in the store.

Hmm, haven't had any issues like this myself, whether looking at or trying on bandanas... Maybe your disc is scratched/defective?
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2009, 11:21:35 PM »
Oh, I also took a picture of the character I made for my cat, Maggie:

Does anyone even have to comment on statements like this?
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2009, 12:36:49 AM »
Oh, Morari, you and your quippy one-liners. ;D

P.S. - How else is my cat supposed to play if she doesn't have a character? (vocals on easy)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:38:30 AM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 08, 2009, 02:04:35 PM »
Does anyone even have to comment on statements like this?

Apparently, just you.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2009, 05:23:09 PM »
Rock Band 2 on DLC is out on Wii 50 songs are out 30 are premium and 20 are the free DLC (20 free song pack)

The first batch of offerings comprises 50 songs--20 free, 30 premium. Each premium track runs 200 Wii Points ($2), and the catalog will be continually fleshed out to match the existing PS3 and Xbox 360 DLC lineup, along with future releases.

It was not specified if the tracks are available through an in-game shop, as they are on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, or simply sold through the Wii Shop Channel.

A list of the tracks currently available on Wii follows below:

Paid Songs - 200 Wii Points ($2)
          o 30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill
          o All-American Rejects - Move Along
          o Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife
          o Black Tide - Shockwave
          o Blink-182 - All the Small Things
          o Blondie - Call Me
          o Boston - More Than a Feeling
          o Boston - Rock & Roll Band
          o Disturbed - Inside the Fire
          o Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
          o Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger in Paradise
          o Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man
          o Metallica - And Justice For All
          o Motley Crue - Saints of Los Angeles
          o Muse - Hysteria
          o Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug
          o Oasis - Wonderwall
          o Papa Roach - Time is Running Out
          o Paramore - Crushcrushcrush
          o Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (( Hey Oh ))
          o Rush - Working Man (Vault Edition)
          o Serj Tankian - Beethoven's C***
          o Smashing Pumpkins - Zero
          o Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
          o Stone Temple Pilots - Sex Type Thing
          o The Offspring - Hammerhead
          o The Police - Message in a Bottle
          o The Who - Baba O'Riley
          o Weezer - Buddy Holly
          o Weezer - El Scorcho
      Free Tracks
          o 88, The - Sons & Daughters
          o Authority Zero - No Regrets
          o Between the Buried & Me - Prequel to the Sequel
          o The Cab - Bounce
          o The Chevelles - Get It On
          o The Cocktail Slippers - Give it to Me
          o Dealership - Database Corrupted
          o Endeverafter - I Wanna Be Your Man
          o Ghost Hounds - Ashes to Fire
          o Hollywood Undead - Young
          o Kutless - The Feeling
          o The Len Price 3 - If I Ain't Got You
          o Lesley Roy - I'm Gone I'm Going
          o Opiate for the Masses - Burn You Down
          o Semi-Precious Weapons - Magnetic Baby
          o Shaimus - Like a Fool
          o thenewno2 - Crazy Tuesday
          o Tickle Me Pink - The Time is Wrong
          o Underoath - Desperate Times, Desperate Measures
          o X Japan - I.V.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2009, 06:47:40 PM »
Metallica - And Justice For All

This makes me wonder what is activision's excuse on not having the rest of DM on WT's DLC channel for the wii?

...And Justice for All is longer than all of DM's track save for "Suicide and Redemption" (which only beats it by a few seconds).

Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2009, 07:48:59 PM »
It was not specified if the tracks are available through an in-game shop, as they are on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, or simply sold through the Wii Shop Channel.

They're in the in-game shop.  It works the same way as the Guitar Hero DLC... everything except adding Wii points to your account can be done from within the game.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2009, 12:52:27 AM »
...And Justice For All?! I would have much preferred Ride the Lightning from Rock Band's back catalog. It's not as lyrically repetitive.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2009, 01:02:59 PM »
Eh, we'll get it all eventually, so it's not a big deal. I'm curious to see this week how many "extra" songs we get... may be able to calculate how long it'll be before Wii is caught up...
Twitter

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2009, 11:19:55 PM »
I can kill AJFA on the drums, usually a 95% on expert...Ride the Lightning is a different story, I can get anywhere from 80-85%, but still beat it. There's just so damn many kick-kick-kick-kick parts.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »
BUMP! I need to know who has this on Wii and how well do the GH:WT instruments work, fast!

I wanna buy the game at Circuit City before it sells out, even if the discount isnt that huge.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2009, 08:48:30 PM »
The instruments from World Tour work fine. The extra cymbal is not used on the drums, more is the touch pad use on the guitar. The only real downside seems to be that there is no way to tap strum during the solo sections, as the GH guitar is missing the lower fret buttons. It seems to be that Harmonix could have just allowed you to tap strum on the regular buttons, but alas.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 02, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »
The instruments from World Tour work fine. The extra cymbal is not used on the drums, more is the touch pad use on the guitar. The only real downside seems to be that there is no way to tap strum during the solo sections, as the GH guitar is missing the lower fret buttons. It seems to be that Harmonix could have just allowed you to tap strum on the regular buttons, but alas.

Thanks, i picked it up even before reading this post though. The tap strumming in GH is awesome and is something that's sadly missed in RB, considering they could of tried to program it in as the "solo" buttons that the RB guitar has.. weird.

I was really just worried if the feel of the game woudl be different with the GH instruments, would i be missing some huge feature for not using those solo buttons? Does that 5-way selector on the RB fender add much to the game, maybe as far as scoring goes? Are there any noticable bugs that effect the responsiveness of the controls? Thats the sorta stuff that i cared most about.

I've noticed a few times that i'd miss a not even though i was definately holding the right button and strummed at the right moment... maybe i'm not used to the smaller note area in this game, or maybe my controller itself isn't working probably.. though i've never had a problem with GH. I'll just be sure to check the connection (between the body and neck) next time i play.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2009, 10:58:15 AM »
So EC, how much did you get it for at CC? What sort of discounts are they down to now?

P.S. - I never use the solo frets... :-[
Twitter

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 02, 2009, 11:47:36 AM »
So EC, how much did you get it for at CC? What sort of discounts are they down to now?

P.S. - I never use the solo frets... :-[

Well the games are @ 20% off only, which isn't much but i went into panic mode when there was only 1 copy left. I don't remember exactly what it came out to, but it was like 40 or 41 & change.

As for the the other discounts.. well the accessories (on games) are still 30%, but hardly anything useful there. I don't want to derail this though, since theres already a proper thread for the CC discounts, so if anything i'll post discounts there. I'm pretty close to Circuit City both in the town i work, and where i live, so i pop my head in often just in case. Next up on my game list, if its cheap, Skate it!

Back on topic..

As I said in a different post in another music related thread, I'm not feeling this game as much as GH. I only played for an hour or so, but I'm not diggin' it. The first few songs either sucked or had already played a million times though, so that might be it.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 02, 2009, 04:13:56 PM »
The 5-way switch is completely useless, if you ask me.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 02, 2009, 07:13:04 PM »

Thanks, i picked it up even before reading this post though. The tap strumming in GH is awesome and is something that's sadly missed in RB, considering they could of tried to program it in as the "solo" buttons that the RB guitar has.. weird.

I was really just worried if the feel of the game woudl be different with the GH instruments, would i be missing some huge feature for not using those solo buttons? Does that 5-way selector on the RB fender add much to the game, maybe as far as scoring goes? Are there any noticable bugs that effect the responsiveness of the controls? Thats the sorta stuff that i cared most about.

I've noticed a few times that i'd miss a not even though i was definately holding the right button and strummed at the right moment... maybe i'm not used to the smaller note area in this game, or maybe my controller itself isn't working probably.. though i've never had a problem with GH. I'll just be sure to check the connection (between the body and neck) next time i play.

I haven't noticed any problems at all. If anything, I've found that Rock Band 2 is seemingly easier to play regardless of timing windows. As far as I know, the five way switch doesn't really do anything worthwhile. Similarly, the lower fret buttons only give you an alternative to make the solos feel more interesting.

I really wish that I could activate Overdrive whenever I want while playing drums or doing vocals... like in GH: World Tour.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »

I haven't noticed any problems at all. If anything, I've found that Rock Band 2 is seemingly easier to play regardless of timing windows. As far as I know, the five way switch doesn't really do anything worthwhile. Similarly, the lower fret buttons only give you an alternative to make the solos feel more interesting.

I really wish that I could activate Overdrive whenever I want while playing drums or doing vocals... like in GH: World Tour.

I felt it was pretty easy too, but as mentioned before i only played for a little while so i haven't had any extreme songs thrown at me. In fact alot of the beginning NY setlist is pretty easy, with bands like Interpol being very chord heavy. Chord were only hard when i was a novice, which is odd because i excel at switching chord on a real guitar, I just wasn't used to the 5 button set-up of these fake ones lol.

I hope the difficulty ramps up, soon. I started playing everything on expert and just breezing thru them.. If it werent for hammer-ons/pulloffs being weird in this game i'm sure i'd have a ton of 100% scores.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2009, 11:18:32 PM »

Anyone checked out much of the new DLC?
Other than the 20 freebies I got Crush Crush Crush though I may get Hit Me With Your Best Shot because I liked that on GH3.

And this month is supposed to be when we start getting the normal new DLC like the other systems (just in time to get the 'Ten' album which is coming soon I hope)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2009, 09:04:20 AM »
I checked out the list of DLC available and as mentioned by many others before me, which i can finally verify myself, its muuch better than GH's DLC. I'd love to buy some of those extra tunes but...

I dunno, i still get get into the game. It doesn't have that fun factor that GH has, even when playing solo. Hell i turned the game off mid tour because i was playing a gig that was sponsored Hot Topic ;) I don't mind seeing stupid product placement for KFC (mmm!) or AT&T in my video games, but Hot Topic is where i draw the line :-P

Before I forget..

Is there a way to edit my characters face/hair after I've already started a tour with him? All i can get to is clothes and stuff, but not his physical appearance.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 04, 2009, 08:27:15 PM »
EasyCure, the ironic thing is Guitar Hero World Tour actually had a KFC product promo :P and the game came with some coupons for some food thing (I think it was KFC or whatever) . The product promos in Rock Band 2 are at the very least music related (and I hate Hot Topic). Ever since Activision took over Guitar Hero had retarded product placement.

PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 04, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »
i really don't care about product placement.  as long as i'm not playing KFC chicken leg jewels, i'm okay with it.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 04, 2009, 10:27:28 PM »
Oh, but the Hot Topic product placement is hilarious. I was offered a promotional contract with Hot Topic just a few sets into the tour mode. The ctach was that I had to play some wanna-be punk song by Paramore. Haha, my band sold out ridiculously quick!

KFC product placement should only exist if Buckethead is a playable character. ;)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 05, 2009, 10:34:01 AM »
EasyCure, the ironic thing is Guitar Hero World Tour actually had a KFC product promo :P and the game came with some coupons for some food thing (I think it was KFC or whatever) . The product promos in Rock Band 2 are at the very least music related (and I hate Hot Topic). Ever since Activision took over Guitar Hero had retarded product placement.

I know, i got those coupons in my band kit, haven't used them yet though ;) In fact both examples i used were actual products seen in GH. The first 'venue' you play at has a load of kfc stuff on a table, as well as a coke bottle that has its own cutscene! Then theres that venue on water and you see lit up billboards in the background for AT&T.

I'd rather have that sort of situation over what was done in RB though. In GH you don't see your characters eating KFC or using the AT&T phones, nor are they directly sponsored by them. I get to my second venue in RB and my 'band' is suddenly being sponsored by Hot Topic with a huge banner in the back, bigger than my bands banner. That just ruined it for me. Then, like Morari said, you end up having to play stuff like Paramore as part of that sponsorship. It makes this huge mental thing. I played Paramore in GH too, but it didn't come with this evil corporate stigma!

Oh and whoever thinks Hot Topic is a music-related corporate partner is just silly :P I've seen they're sales figures and business strategy from the inside, and trust me selling actual music (ie cd's or dvd's) is the last thing on their minds. Hell their former slogan "everything about the music" was changed because some stores stopped carrying.. *gasp* actual music! lol!

anywayy.... anyone have an answer to my question about editing a character?

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 05, 2009, 01:39:30 PM »
I don't think you can edit a character after he's created, EC. You can change facial hair or hair style, add tattoos, or whatever. But they don't have a "Plastic Surgeon" option in the character customization screen...

yet...

;)
Twitter