Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

What's Next For The N64 Expansion Pack?

<< < (3/7) > >>

nickmitch:

--- Quote from: Order.RSS on June 11, 2022, 01:49:50 PM ---

* Pokémon Stadium Don't think so, but HAL made it so it'd be a choice, not a legal issue.
* Pokémon Stadium 2 Don't think so, but HAL made it so it'd be a choice, not a legal issue.
--- End quote ---

The Pokémon Stadium games could be interesting. The big draw of those games was being able to connect the GameBoy games to the console. Though there are things you can do without the connectivity. There's also the possibility of connecting the game with Pokémon Home, which seems like it'd be a lot of work that Game Freak wouldn't want to do.

NWR_insanolord:

--- Quote from: nickmitch on June 12, 2022, 01:39:18 PM ---

* Pokémon Stadium Don't think so, but HAL made it so it'd be a choice, not a legal issue.
* Pokémon Stadium 2 Don't think so, but HAL made it so it'd be a choice, not a legal issue.
--- End quote ---

The Pokémon Stadium games could be interesting. The big draw of those games was being able to connect the GameBoy games to the console. Though there are things you can do without the connectivity. There's also the possibility of connecting the game with Pokémon Home, which seems like it'd be a lot of work that Game Freak wouldn't want to do.

--- End quote ---

If they wanted to get really ambitious they could add Game Boy games to the service and let you transfer Pokémon from those to Stadium.[/list]

nickmitch:

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on June 12, 2022, 05:09:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: nickmitch on June 12, 2022, 01:39:18 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

If they wanted to get really ambitious they could add Game Boy games to the service and let you transfer Pokémon from those to Stadium.[/list]

--- End quote ---

I could see this as a possibility down the road. I think, for now, the best hope might be that Pokémon flagged as coming from the Gen I games in Home would have the possibility of being put into the game. So, you'd have to get your 3DS copies of the games and put the Pokémon into Bank and then into Home.

Order.RSS:
The next addition will be Wave Race 64, fun title for the Summer. Both the Custom Robo games hit the Japanese NSO a month ago, too.

I doubt anyone is surprised by Wave Race getting added. Always felt like the surest bet, even over 1080, Excitebike 64, and DK64.

Stratos:
There is getting to be enough games I would want to play that I don't have physically that I could consider buying the expansion plan. But there is a time issue for me. Maybe once things settle down in life and I actually get to play Switch more consistently it would be worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version