Gaming Forums > General Gaming

PC gaming sure is gaining Steam these days. (The PC gaming thread)

<< < (2/4) > >>

pokepal148:
I downloaded the epic games launcher so I can mooch on the free games. That was a mistake. Free games are nice but Epic's storefront on the launcher is absolutely miserable and the launcher is a mess in terms of UI and performance.

If only Epic was in charge of the Number 1 most successful game in the industry right now. Maybe than they could invest that money into making a competent game store/launcher thingy.

pokepal148:
Well speak of the devil. Epic is claiming that Apple is threatening to pull support for Unreal Engine on the Mac and iOS platforms.

Looks like Insanolord's Mac gaming ambitions might have taken another hit.

NWR_insanolord:
I’m pretty sure none of the handful of games I play on my Mac use Unreal.

Stratos:
I was tempted to start a new thread but this seems like a fair enough place to put this.

I'm building a new PC and am looking for feedback on my build. I was going to really go out on a graphics card but some folks have been talking me down since I tend to stick to older games.

I do want to play a few modern titles as well though (Ark, Horizon Zero Dawn, Jedi Fallen Order, Star Wars Squadrons), but I'm not shooting for 4k graphics so I'm hoping to trim down costs a bit.

I'm playing chicken with the prices since new NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards are releasing in the coming month. I might go up to a $400 card and get something like a 5700x or a 2060 Super.

Anyone here want to throw in their 2-cents on my purchase?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($209.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($138.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB OC Video Card  ($239.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ B&H)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.88 @ Other World Computing)
Custom: NOLYTH External Bluray Drive 5-in-1 External Blu Ray Drive USB3.0 Bluray Drive Player Burner for Laptop/MacBook/Windows10/PC with SD TF Card Reader/2 USB3.0 Hub/BD-ROM/R/RE  ($118.88 @ Amazon)
Total: $1297.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-16 00:42 EDT-0400

pokepal148:
I have to admit, the GOG galaxy launcher thingy has really won me over. It's UI is leagues above what Steam has to offer and the way it can sync with your libraries on other platforms and bring them all together is a godsend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version