Community Forums > Movies & TV

Rate the last movie you've seen

<< < (974/1309) > >>

Oblivion:
Guardians of the Galaxy

It was good, but there was a bit of it that I was not a fan of. The beginning mostly.

ShyGuy:

--- Quote from: azeke on August 26, 2014, 08:08:08 AM ---Manhunter is kinda eh.

Red Dragon is the same thing and in my opinion it's better. Mann's movie does have some cool visual scenes going for it though, like very cool looking prison.

--- End quote ---

Manhunter has the same tone all Michael Mann movies have and it feels much more grounded than other versions of Hannibal Lecter, but not as fun. If you look at it as a stand alone movie, I think it is pretty good.

You ever notice how the protagonists in Michael Mann film's don't really triumph but at the end it feels like they just survived? Nobody completely controls their own destiny in his movies.

jimihan:
The last movie I watched was Lucy(2014) and I love this move, it was so interesting.
My rate - 9/10

Plugabugz:
I binged on movies lastw eek to catch up.

Expendables 3 - EVEN MORE EXPENDABLE but now watered down to a 12A rating to get more people to watch. The result is less gore, no blood and too many people.

Into The Storm - It's amazing how in this film about multiple tornadoes, and a basically-impenetrable tank that can survive winds up to 135mph it somehow survives unscathed right up to the point when they are in the middle of a tornado that is 300+mph. If i knew this was a found footage movie i'd have skipped it. The film also completely forgot to explain how the meteorologist, who was tracking these events, failed to notice that the wind speed (and its potential damage factor) was far higher than anything she'd seen before.

Lucy - This film was heavy on the padding initially, particularly with the nature elements. I get what they were trying to do but doing that prior to the setup of the primary story felt like "stretch for time!!!!!". Morgan Freeman was very nearly wasted too, having almost nothing to do - but boy did the film manage to be ridiculously silly and entertaining all at once. This isn't The Fifth Element (and honestly nothing comes close to that yet) but i did enjoy this. However, this is Scarlett Johannson's third best film of the year (Her came out in the UK in 2014) after Under the Skin and Cap 2.

Under the Skin is STILL the film of the year.

Sin City 2 - This film didn't need nine years to be made. I walked out going "oh ok then" and that was that.

Halbred:
I didn't get Under the Skin. I understood what it was supposed to be...but yeah. After the initial alien-ness of her character wore off, I was fighting to stay engaged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version