Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1045008 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Amazing Deals for 3DS, DS & GBA
« Reply #2500 on: February 03, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
I went to my local Superstore today and the best thing they had was Nintendo Selects Punch-Out for $20... definite YMMV.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #2501 on: February 03, 2012, 11:30:51 PM »
This week, Walmart did some clearance price changes on a lot of older video game stock. Many, many titles went down to $5.

A lot of this was older sports titles, so if you've got a hankerin' for some Madden 09, rush to your nearest ghetto Walmart now.

Aside from that, there were some gems. The AC/DC Track Pack went down to $5 (though the bundles with the shirt are still $30).

More importantly, Metroid Prime 3, Wario Ware Smooth Moves and Pokémon: Battle Revolution went down to $5 as well. Managed to pick up the one I needed (Battle Revolution) and a few extras for trade.

So, good luck hunting and post your finds in here so others can know what to look out for.

Again, these are nationwide price changes. As long as your store has 'em in stock and has worked the price change (yes, as we discussed in length in the 3DS price change thread oh-so-long-ago, someone in the store, usually the department manager, has to accept the price change before it goes into effect) the prices are good to go wherever the older games are in stock.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: February 06, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »
Tried my wally worlds around my area, Syracuse NY and didn't find those titles (well besides AC/DC) but I did notice a few games had big orange stickers on them so I asked the clerk who stated those games were 75% off.  They had the 007 bundled (golden CCP) for $29.95 so it rang up a little under $8 bucks :0.  They also had the MH3 CCP bundles for $20 which would be $5.

So I didn't get any of those $5 games that I wanted but I still got a CCP out of the trip.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: February 06, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »
Tried my wally worlds around my area, Syracuse NY and didn't find those titles (well besides AC/DC) but I did notice a few games had big orange stickers on them so I asked the clerk who stated those games were 75% off.  They had the 007 bundled (golden CCP) for $29.95 so it rang up a little under $8 bucks :0.  They also had the MH3 CCP bundles for $20 which would be $5.

So I didn't get any of those $5 games that I wanted but I still got a CCP out of the trip.

At first I was wondering how you managed to get a Circle Pad Pro at Wal Mart when they're supposed to be GameStop exclusive, and then I realized that the abbreviations for it and the Classic Controller Pro are far too similar.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
3DS $149.99
« Reply #2504 on: February 09, 2012, 12:46:42 AM »
I heard that GameStop is selling the 3DS for $149.99 for a limited time as Nintendo asked them to do, but as so many people here do not like GameStop, I found a slightly better deal...

Nintendo 3DS - $149.99 (+NO TAX & FREE SHIPPING) @ NewEgg.com
Cosmo Black 3DS | Flame Red 3DS
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:54:45 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: February 09, 2012, 01:41:55 AM »
+NO TAX*

*Check your state laws - if your state has a sales tax, you're probably supposed to pay tax on the purchase.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: February 09, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »
sorry I should have edited that in because newegg does charge tax in California too.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: February 16, 2012, 01:29:29 PM »
Not the greatest deal of all time, but Amazon has Bit Trip Complete as their video game deal of the day today for $27.99 which is $12.00 off the list price of $39.99.

Reminded me:

Canadians might want to check their local FutureShop for some clearance Wii items:
  • Bit.Trip Complete - $20
  • Big Brain Academy - $10
  • Ju-On The Grudge - $10
  • Wii Play (with controller; no motion plus) - $25
The first item is the best deal in my opinion, although having an extra controller can be useful.

Definitely a YMMV deal.  Stock is limited, and you can't check online for most of these items.
NNID: ejamer

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: March 02, 2012, 03:36:25 AM »
sorry I should have edited that in because newegg does charge tax in California too.

Oh yes.  But Amazon doesn't.  Yet.

Shinobi 3DS for $18.47.   Shipped!

http://www.amazon.com/Shinobi-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B0052WG9II/ref=pd_ybh_4
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline terribledeli

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: March 02, 2012, 09:27:55 AM »

Excellent find! I nearly bought it for $25 this past week!

Thanks!
NNID: terribledeli
3DSFC: 0645-5771-9850

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: March 02, 2012, 12:25:44 PM »

Excellent find! I nearly bought it for $25 this past week!

Thanks!

No problem!  Actually, on Amazon (where I do most of my game purchases) there's been a lot of crazy fluctuation, like on a daily basis, on 3DS game prices.   I've got my eye on a group of games that came out during the holidays or right after, like Ace Combat, Tales of the Abyss, and Cave Story 3D.   

Ace Combat is going for $32.66 right now, not a huge deal, but earlier this week I saw it for as low as $27.   I'm still waiting for it to hit around $20, which is my magic "buy it now" number.   

But Cave Story and Tales of the Abyss have not budged from from their MSRP of $40.  Tales of the Abyss I understand, that sucker just came out.  But Cave Story 3D?  Is that really selling well enough for Aksys and Amazon not to "cave in" so to speak?  (See my pun!)

For some reason, Bit Trip Saga dipped to $20 on Monday for about like 8 hours, than shot back up to $24.26.  I got it when it was $20, but it went back up so fast that I didn't bother posting about it.

And I'm still waiting for Blaz Blue to drop to $20 or less, but that also hasn't dropped in price much.  Coincidentally, also published by Aksys.  I wonder if they're taking a Nintendo approach of price inflexibility.  If I was sure they did, then to be honest, I'd probably just buy it at full price when it came out, because I'm going to buy it anyway.

Oh, and FYI, you can get most of the launch or near-launch 3DS games for $20 or less on Amazon right now. 

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: March 02, 2012, 12:29:24 PM »
Whoa, Mario Kart 7 and Ocarina 3D, going for $30 a piece.  I doubt we will see them even cheaper than that until the next holiday season.

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Ocarina-Time-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B003O6E800/ref=pd_sim_vg_11

http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Kart-7-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B0053BCO00/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2513 on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:02 PM »
Cowboom is offering Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem for $9.99 plus $5 for shipping as their deal of the day. http://www.cowboom.com/deal-of-the-day.cfm
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: March 11, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »
If anyone plans to get Mario Party 9 tomorrow, Toys R Us will be running a buy one, get one 50% off sale on all Mario games. This includes games like Fortune Street, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and I even saw Donkey Kong Country Returns on the list.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: March 23, 2012, 03:33:04 AM »
Kid Icarus Uprising 3DS is on sale as BB for $30.  Also Target is having their buy 2 get 1 free next week starting 3/25.

Some 3DS software was mark down (not sure if it'll stay that way for the sale but Zelda/Star Fox and MK were marked down to $30-35).

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: March 23, 2012, 05:52:36 AM »
Zelda Skyward Sword on sale for $30 at Toys R US next week starting 3/25.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: March 23, 2012, 11:22:32 PM »
Also the 3DS system is on sale at target next week (3/25-3/31) for $145.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: March 24, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »

www.walmart.ca is selling the 3DS console for $120!

Oh yeah, and Canadians also qualify for a $20 mail-in rebate for all new 3DS systems bought (direct from Nintendo, google for coupon link)... so you're essentially getting the system for $100.

Seriously, anyone who doesn't own a 3DS but has any interest at all would be nuts to miss this deal.
NNID: ejamer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: March 24, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »
Seriously, anyone in Canada who doesn't own a 3DS but has any interest at all would be nuts to miss this deal.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: March 24, 2012, 04:10:14 PM »
Futureshop is also having a similar deal that ends tomorrow: $119.98

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2521 on: March 24, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: March 24, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
Shaymin, you don't have a 3DS?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: March 24, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »
I read it as him being pissed that he spent as much as he did for one and didn't wait for that deal, which is less than half of what it cost at launch not quite a year ago.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2524 on: March 24, 2012, 06:48:07 PM »
I rebought mine two weeks ago, and it wasn't at Walmart/Shop of the Future so I can't do price protection on it.

Oh well, call it another part of my idiot tax for losing my original 3DS.
Tutorial box out.