> Announcements

Karma is back for a trial run!

<< < (24/42) > >>

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: S-U-P-E-R on August 20, 2012, 08:02:01 PM ---I've seen sites move from karma systems to a "like" system and it seems to have worked out better. It seems like a good tool to encourage good-posting without smiting hate campaigns (which I love but am willing to sacrifice :faust: )

Here's one I found for smf, but there may also be others. 19 bux for the full version?
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3029

--- End quote ---

I am all for this idea and I think that it would improve the community as a whole. There is a bit too much negativity and I think that just having a like only could work. Everyone would have to restart with their numbers I would think so that the new posts reflect the new system and if someone was stuck at 0 then well their opinion isn't that well liked but people with tons then well they have a positive or well liked point of view.

S-U-P-E-R:
Yes. I'm very interested in having likeable posts stand on their own, regardless of who posts them.

ShyGuy:
I'm smiting you both.

S-U-P-E-R:

So why aren't smites gone and 'Likes' in yet? It should look like this:

That's way better. Or alternatively, a system to applaud/smite individual posts. Don't hate the poster, hate the post.

TJ Spyke:

--- Quote from: S-U-P-E-R on September 17, 2012, 08:51:03 AM ---That's way better. Or alternatively, a system to applaud/smite individual posts. Don't hate the poster, hate the post.

--- End quote ---

You mean something like Yahoo's commenting system where you can give individual posts "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version