Author Topic: Picross DS!  (Read 5848 times)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Picross DS!
« on: November 02, 2006, 08:14:32 PM »
 Here it is.. Great news!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: Picross DS!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 02:49:14 AM »
What's Picross?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 04:56:29 AM »
Mario's Picross?

Basically you've got a field of squares and next to each row and column is a number. Your goal is to mark as many squares per column and row as the numbers next to them dictate.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 08:31:38 AM »
Mario's Picross is one of the few Game Boy games I could never find.  I really wished I could have played that game.  I remember rereading an article in Nintendo Power back in the day like twenty times.  I so wanted the game but no means of purchasing it.  I am going to have to pick this game up.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
RE:Picross DS!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 05:32:33 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Mario's Picross?

Basically you've got a field of squares and next to each row and column is a number. Your goal is to mark as many squares per column and row as the numbers next to them dictate.

That seems so simple, what the heck? Oh well I guess I will see what's so special about it when someone releases a video on this game.

Offline Jensen

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 06:31:49 PM »

Originally posted by: Caliban

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Mario's Picross?

That seems so simple, what the heck? Oh well I guess I will see what's so special about it when someone releases a video on this game.

There are multiple numbers by each row and column :-)    If the numbers by a row are 3 2 3, then there is a run of 3 blocks somewhere in that row, followed by a run of 2 blocks, followed by a run of three blocks.  But you don't know how many spaces are between each run.

Google "picross" and you can get several flash version of the game.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 07:06:01 PM »
Oooo, I like I like, I'm playing a flash based Picross and I'm starting to see the allure, kind of like Sudoku.

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 12:30:46 AM »
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  SOLD.

I looooved Mario's Picross.  My only other wish (which will never happen ever) is that Mario's Super Picross will be available in the local Virtual Console.  Oh well!
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 04:00:45 AM »

Originally posted by: Caliban
That seems so simple, what the heck?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picross
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 04:15:49 PM »
It better reveal nifty end results like Mario Picross. Koopa troopa's and stuff!

Offline Hocotate

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 12:41:13 AM »
This is great news ^^ I've been playing Mario's Picross on my Gameboy lately too. The game is so fun and addictive, a Picross game for DS is an instant purchase for me.
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline joedick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 07:11:41 AM »
This is great news, as I spent a chunk of my life addicted to Mario's Picross. Unfortunately, I doubt this will come out in North America.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 02:51:02 AM »
Has there been any word in the past 3 months about whether or not this is going to come to the states, or is it a safe import?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 02:22:08 PM »
Picross DS doesn't get nearly enough love.  

Classic Mario's Picross packs 3 & 4 (10 puzzles each) just went up on WiFi Connection.  1 & 2 have been available for quite some time.  Nintendo's being pretty good about giving us plenty of Picross love.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 11:37:13 PM »
NoE keeps posting a "download Picross puzzles!" article in their news section every 1-2 weeks.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 07:08:00 AM »
Ah, cool, thanks for the notice vudu.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »

Originally posted by: vudu
Mario's Picross is one of the few Game Boy games I could never find.  I really wished I could have played that game.  I remember rereading an article in Nintendo Power back in the day like twenty times.  I so wanted the game but no means of purchasing it.  I am going to have to pick this game up.

Ditto that. And to this day I've still never actually played Picross and know what it is all about.

It seems a bit like the windows minesweeper game from what I understand... am I very wrong?
is your sanity...

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 07:12:58 AM »
You can try a flash version of Picross here.

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 05:04:15 AM »
 I got into this game when it came out and got completely hooked.  I've finished all of the normal puzzles and am working on the free mode puzzles now.  I got the first two download packs already, looks like I got to get the second set now as well.

The game is like CRACK!  Just one more puzzle, then sleep, just one more.....
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline metroid4lyfe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »
god this game is so addicting.... i don't get free mode, but normal mode is amazing.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »
I have a dormmate who made his own puzzle of a hard helmet enemy from Megaman... awesome...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.