Community Forums > General Chat

January 2020 is Meme Avatar Month

<< < (2/5) > >>

BeautifulShy:
Is it okay to have a meme from any year as our avatar?   Because MLP:FIM started as a meme back in 2010.

Khushrenada:
Do you consider your avatar as a meme or joke? Do you see other avatars of MLP as someone doing a take on a meme or as a legitimate promotion of their fandom? Sure, those lines can be blurred but I think you can usually tell the difference when an image is meant to be serious or, we'll say, "ironic".

Like, with your current avatar, I can't recall seeing that picture being used in any kind of meme format such as...

...or...

(For the record, I was really tempted to go with Doge but I did something with it awhile ago and didn't want to repeat.)

In any case,

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on January 02, 2020, 10:54:47 AM ---it is up to the community creativity to decide how one may wish to embrace (or reject) this theme.

--- End quote ---

so I guess I can't really say what counts or doesn't count.  :-X

BeautifulShy:
The one I was using before no but this one that I am using is a meme in the MLP:FIM fandom.   Also I didn't notice but it is punny too seeing as it is winter.   

Adrock:
I mean, I kind of feel like Princess Daisy is a meme. However, I went with The Child (AKA “Baby Yoda” for you plebs/heathens) drinking soup from The Mandalorian. I will be changing it once Capcom stops putzing around and releases some better screenshots of R3make Jill.

nickmitch:
Khush finally has a great idea!  I miss these theme months; they made us feel like a real community.

And with that, I'm going with the O.G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version