Author Topic: Soul Cailbur 2 Reviews  (Read 3314 times)

Offline GCNMasterX

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Soul Cailbur 2 Reviews
« on: August 18, 2003, 05:34:25 PM »
Now I know what you're thinking: its not out yet..but, this thread is FOR future reviews. I'll post a review after I buy then play it.
Who loves Vanilla Coke?? I love vanilla coke!

Currently listening to:  Twisted Method, Staind, Adema, Disturbed

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
RE:Soul Cailbur 2 Reviews
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 02:08:36 PM »
well i wont give a full review but since i just got this game i figured i post some impressions
first of all this game is beautiful to look at- the graphics are very well done and are very crisp
sound is pretty good too- the music is good and sound effects are pretty well done as well
but the biggest thing in the game is of course gameplay- and it is a blast! basically if you have played soul calibur on the dreamcast you will feel right at home as the gameplay has not exactly changed- but that is a good thing since soul calibur is the best weapons based fighter out there- the biggest problem people have is the gamecube controler and some dont think it is the best to play fighting games with- well the controler works really good (at least for me) basically a does a horizontal slash, y does a vertical slash, x does kick attacks, and b blocks- r and l also block just in case the b button is too hard to get to- and the best part is that if you dont like the controls, you can change the scheme to anything you want- link is a very good character in the game and fits right in- and in fact you can do almost all of his attacks from the zelda games- you can do the spin attack, throw bombs, throw the boomerang, and even shoot arrows- he is a lot of fun to play as- the weapon master mode (the game's single player) is very fun and pits you in fights with certain rules- such as you can only do throws to attack- basically the game is very fun and is worth it for anyone vaguely interested in fighting games- but as most fighting games, even though single player is fun, the multiplayer is really where it is at
i call the big one bitey.

Offline GCNMasterX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 07:07:23 PM »
What version should I get?

GCN's or PS2's

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 07:34:34 PM »
well i have played both and i honestly think that the gamecube version is better-
first of all the console character for nintendo (link) is probably the best out of all 3 and he is placed into soul calibur very well- in fact in weapon master mode he has all of his cool weapons such as the biggoron sword, the mirror shield, and even the megaton hammer- heihachi for the ps2 is just not as good- he doesnt use weapons and that is a little odd especially since soul calibur is a weapons based fighter- the graphics are basically the same, the load times are a little quicker on the gamecube version (like 2-3 seconds) which isn't much- so it will come down to the controler- i personally like the gamecube controler, and since you can customize the button layout you dont need to worry about the buttons- the ps2 controler is best suited for fighting games- i dont mind the gc controler though- i think it works great- so there you have it- basically i think that the controlers do not make a difference and that link is a better character than heihachi on the ps2- hope this helps
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 08:01:41 PM »
This is the best fighting game I've ever played...period.  And I don't even like a majority of fighting games.  Same for RPGs.  If I like an RPG or fighting game, it must be pretty damn good.  Controls are easy and intuitive, and it's actually fun to pull off neat little combos.  Being one who likes lots of little extras, SCII gives me everything I wanted, plus loads more.  The characters are great(especially Talim ^_^) and Link is a neat little bonus, though his moves seem to be on the slow side.  The music is perfect, as well as the sfx.  Overall, this is an excellent game and warrants purchase.

Pros
-Intuitive and easy controls
-Expands on the original tenfold
-Interesting maps

Cons
-A little hard to use the d-pad
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline GCNMasterX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 12:11:55 PM »
I recently got the PS2 version. Heihachi is way better than people think he is. He fits this game much better than Spawn or Necrid. Link is also fits in this game.

PS2 Graphics: 9.8   GCN Graphics: 10

Awesome level designs, character models, menus, etc. This might only be on the PS2 version, but it has some jaggies, but not bad. Gamecube's look really good. The CGs look awesome. I had no problems with both load times...no difference to me.

PS2 Sound: 9  GCN Sound: 9

Awesome soundtracks. Some soundtracks don't fit in the game though, too dramatic. The american voiceovers are good in the PS2 version...dunno about GCN's (does Link speak english??) The sword CHINGS and sound effects are great. And to top everything else...that awesome Narrator voice is back!

PS2 Gameplay: 10 GCN Gameplay: 9

The sole game of both are awesome. The versus is the most addictive thing you'll ever play with a friend. The controls are comfortable on the PS2, but the Gamecube's is not.

Overall: Ps2- 9.9  GcN-9.8