Author Topic: Nintendo Download - June 14, 2012  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Nintendo Download - June 14, 2012
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:15:44 PM »

The eShop gets quite a bit of content, while the Wii only sees one release.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30747

Two Virtual Console games, as well as a slew of new content, head to the 3DS eShop, DSiWare Shop, and Wii Virtual Console this week.

First is Mad Dog McCree, a new eShop release. In the game, your objective is to hunt down the outlaw Mad Dog in a western town using the games light gun style gameplay. Check out our review which is coming soon. Mad Dog McCree is available now for $7.99.

The 3DS Virtual Console received Donkey Kong Jr. In this sequel to Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. must rescue Donkey Kong from Mario. The game, originally part of the Ambassador NES games, is available for $4.99.

The 3DS didn't receive the only Virtual Console game this week. The Wii Virtual Console saw the release of Mega Man X2. In this SNES game, Mega Man X travels through eight stages to destroy the Mavericks. You can download it now for 800 Wii Points ($8).

The DSiWare Shop got two games, the first of which is Devil Band - Rock the Underworld. In the game, demons have began destroying the world, and you and your death metal rock band are the only way to save mankind. It can be downloaded for $1.99.

The other DSiWare game is 7 Wonders II. In the game, you complete puzzles to help build the 7 Wonders of the World. It is available for $7.99.

Lastly there is a demo available on the eShop for the upcoming 3DS game, The Amazing Spider-Man. You can try out the new game and join Spider-Man in this new web-slinging adventure.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Download - June 14, 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »
Dear Developers - Please stop making DSiWare releases.  I can't download your games and I'm not "cleaning the fridge" in order to do so.  Make them eShop releases, please.

Thank you.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 12:43:13 PM »
Glad to see all the digital distributions getting love.  MMX2 is not to be ignored!

Now, I've never played Mad Dog McCree.  Which is amazing since it has been like mandatory issue on every platform ever made.  So, worth it? Awesomely good? Awesomely bad? Seriously bad?

Offline Pajamas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »
It should be noted that Donkey Kong Jr. is the exact copy of the earlier Ambassador release. Today's release has no update including save states and will not show up in the updates section of the eshop.
3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-2317

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:45:35 PM »
Oh man. I've never played X2, but I love the crap out of the original. Tremendous.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 03:19:15 PM »
Dear Developers - Please stop making DSiWare releases.  I can't download your games and I'm not "cleaning the fridge" in order to do so.  Make them eShop releases, please.

Thank you.

That's a good question (I know UncleBob didn't actually ask a question, though maybe he implied one).   Why doesn't DSiWare die?  I mean, obviously Nintendo wants it to die, or they wouldn't limit it to system memory.  We, hardcore Nintendo fans, want it to die.  Are there Dsi or XL owners out there still buying DsiWare?  Were there ever?  The only reason I can think of is that there are cheap developers out there who don't want to shell out for 3DS SDK's, so they either buy a cheaper Dsi SDK or had one already or borrowed one from a friend.  They make a quick game or a port of an IOS game, toss it over to Nintendo, who shrug and say "Eh, we'll throw it out there next week."
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »
Well, if you make a DSiWare game you can sell it to people with a DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS. Make it a eShop game, and you limit it to 3DS owners. If I am making a game that would fit within the DSiWare file size, I might do that.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »

Thank you.

Or at least ask Nintendo to provide a system update that allows running DSiWare off the SD card.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 08:54:40 PM »

Thank you.

Or at least ask Nintendo to provide a system update that allows running DSiWare off the SD card.

That would be great. There's really no excuse for not having that from day one, and I would probably buy a whole bunch of DSiWare that I've been on the edge about but didn't get because of the storage situation.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:05:04 PM »

Thank you.

That would be great. There's really no excuse for not having that from day one, and I would probably buy a whole bunch of DSiWare that I've been on the edge about but didn't get because of the storage situation.

I couldn't agree more.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 12:39:06 AM »

Thank you.

This.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.