Author Topic: Intellivision Lives! DS - Only $15 - out now!  (Read 13146 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Intellivision Lives! DS - Only $15 - out now!
« on: November 14, 2005, 03:03:17 AM »
<BR><BR>Hot Damn!  Just got this in my inbox this morning!<BR><BR>
>
INTELLIVISION LIVES! FOR NINTENDO DS<BR>In 1980, Intellivision brought a number of innovations to home video gaming: animated characters, the first 16-bit processor, voice games. But best remembered is the unique Intellivision hand controller, featuring a directional disc, action buttons and a touchpad. Every game came with an overlay for the touchpad, with icons that helped the player quickly master the controls.<BR><BR>No game system has had a controller this sophisticated – until now. The Nintendo DS features a touch-sensitive screen to control gameplay. Using this touchscreen to display the overlay icons from the original Intellivision games, players will properly experience the thrill of these games for the first time in 25 years!<BR><BR>Intellivision Lives! for the Nintendo DS features over 30 classic Intellivision games running in full emulation. Introduced at the industry's Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles in May, the public had its first chance to try it out at the Classic Gaming Expo in August.<BR><BR>A release date has not yet been scheduled, but Intellivision Lives! should be available in the first half of 2006.

<BR><BR>Just judging by this one little screenshot, this collection will be approx 10 billion and two times better than the PS2/XBox/GCN compilations (The controls just did not work...)<BR><BR>I'm almost as excited about this as I am Mario Kart.<BR><BR>Almost.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:52:09 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
RE: Intellivision Lives! DS
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 06:36:32 AM »
I saw that game (screenshot) on Seseame Street this one time!
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 06:39:36 AM »
errrr... eh?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 05:40:48 PM »
I don't know if this is true, but any classic games are fine by me.  Specially if they are classic collections on the go.  And even more bonus if the DS allows for more accurate translation of the game.

SCORE DS!!!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 03:32:58 AM »
I wish there was new info on this from somewhere...

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 05:24:17 AM »
I have the emulator for this for one reason: Shark Shark.

My love for that game as a kid was ridiculous...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Anyone know a publisher?
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 05:35:53 AM »
http://ds.ign.com/articles/708/708454p1.html

Apparently, my most anticipated game doesn't have one... This makes me sad.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
RE: Anyone know a publisher?
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 07:47:25 AM »
This looks like a job for Majesco.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 10:50:02 AM »
What game is it?  Big brother is blocking the link for me in the hopes that I might actually get some work done.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 11:07:22 AM »
lol
I know that problem well...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 11:42:05 AM »
It's Intellivision Lives; nothing to be excited about.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 01:16:04 PM »
That's it, I want vudu banned!

This is exactly something to be excited about.  Unlike the... less than stellar Intellivision Lives! compilations for the XBox, GCN and PS2 that just didn't work due to the Intellivision's controllers, the DS's touch screen will allow almost dead-on control of the games.  Single Cart multi-player is a major plus.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 04:26:26 PM »
I have to agree I might pick this up.  It's something that really shouldn't of been done on the other.  I don't see that going well.

(Though I don't want Vudu banned.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 05:54:28 AM »
Hmm, sounds interesting!  I tend to pass on retro compilations but I love them in theory, so I hope this game finds a publisher.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 08:18:04 AM »
Atlus.

Atlus publishes everything these days.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 08:25:14 AM »
No... They'll do a limited online only release or someother stupid thing like that... Why Atlus Why do you have to make it so hard for me to get the games I want from you /cry

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Intellivision Lives! LIVES AGAIN! WHOOO!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 11:53:47 AM »
>
While many projects are moving forward, our most highly anticipated product is currently stalled.<BR><BR>The Nintendo DS version of Intellivision Lives! is still without a publisher. Although essentially completed and favorably reviewed by a number of video game writers, publishers are still wary of it. They’re just not sure there are enough Intellivision fans out there for it to be successful.<BR><BR>Obviously, we disagree! Please help by showing your support for Intellivision! Add us to your MySpace friends, embed our YouTube videos and spread the word! We need to show publishers that there is a strong Intellivision community out there!

<BR><BR>I got this in my mailbox today.  It makes me sad.  I\'m not certian adding their MySpace or YouTube links would be the absolute best way to accomplish the goal of making this game real.<BR><BR>Anyone have any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:07:53 PM by UncleBob »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Intellivision Lives! doesn't on the DS
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 06:19:45 PM »
That's a games compilation, right? Most likely composed of games that have proven themselves in the market, right?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE:Intellivision Lives! doesn't on the DS
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 12:05:05 AM »
Yeah, about 25+ years ago, though.  I'm not certian that the PS2/XBox/GCN versions of INTV Lives! did all that well, but the games just wern't designed for "standard" controllers.  The DS's touchscreen would be spectacular for this, though.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
RE: Intellivision Lives! doesn't on the DS
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »
What's their YouTube video? =x

This is sad. I never got to play the Intellivision much as a kid, so getting Intellivision Lives! on PS2 was pretty exciting ... Until I played it and had an awful time with the controls. Touch screen would be PERFECT.  

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Intellivision Lives! DS Non-News Update... "Looking good for 2009"...
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 03:06:26 AM »
From Intellivisiongames.com
Intellivision on the DS - Looking Good for 2009!

Written by Keith Robinson   
Tuesday, 04 November 2008

The question I'm asked most frequently is "When is the DS version coming out?" Excellent question. It has been over three years since we first showed Intellivision Lives! for DS at the 2005 E3. Dozens of publishers have evaluated the product, and all have passed. The problem isn't the quality of the collection itself; we've received nothing but enthusiastic feedback. The problem is the bean counters for these publishers. In August, one company told us in an e-mail, "We intend to publish this game..." In September, they reversed themselves because "...the projected return did not justify the capital expenditure..." My frustration is that we have to find a licensed Nintendo publisher to get the DS version released; Nintendo does not have a path that would allow us to distribute Intellivision Lives! ourselves directly to the public.

That is changing soon. Nintendo is planning on releasing the successor to the DS, the DSi, in Spring 2009. The DSi will be able to upload complete games - including Intellivision Lives! - through a service similar to Wii Ware and Xbox Live Marketplace (which now carries our Xbox version). We are still trying to find a publisher for the current DS, but I am excited that even if that doesn't happen, you will all finally be able to play the DS version with the DSi.

Nintendo hasn't yet released details of how publishing to the DSi is going to work, so none of this is official; that's why I'm talking about it here in a blog instead of in the News column. But we have opened communication with Nintendo and I hope we can make an official announcement soon. Thanks for your patience; it looks like in 2009 it will be Springtime for Intellivision!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Intellivision Lives! DS Non-News Update... "Looking good for 2009"...
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 02:06:55 PM »
Intellivision Lives! lives.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 02:25:19 PM »
I'm assuming this company owns the rights to all first party Intellivision games.  So why don't they get on the VC?  They could then sell all these games individually and possibly make more money.  The compilation method is better for us but if you want the compilation it's been out for years so that option is available to you.  From a business perspective I think it's a golden opportunity.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 07:48:09 AM »
... Have they tried Euro publishers? The smaller American publishers may have turned into bumbling arseholes this generation (aside from the likes of XSEED), but they'd have no trouble getting this out in Europe. At least then American's could import it.

I enjoyed Intellivision Lives! on PS2, but the controls really hurt it. I can see a DS version working much, much better (touch screen controller <3). Good luck to these guys, anyway!

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 01:36:39 PM »
I'm assuming this company owns the rights to all first party Intellivision games.  So why don't they get on the VC?  They could then sell all these games individually and possibly make more money.  The compilation method is better for us but if you want the compilation it's been out for years so that option is available to you.  From a business perspective I think it's a golden opportunity.

No Intellivision game is worth buying individually.