Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157413 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4275 on: December 12, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »
Fox almost got the perfect X-men Trilogy done.  What you need is open the movie with the Mordocks or doing crimes and the mutant presence being exposed to the world in a way that makes people fear them and respond negatively and government reacting against them.  This world after Thanos seems perfect...they have seen enough **** to be careful and desire to be proactive against a potential threat.  This allows 2 sides to rise up in the crisis the Brotherhood and Magneto and Charles Xavier.  In the end, you find out the Brotherhood ends up recruiting their most normalized members and sending the others on a kind of suicide mission against the government.  The X-men are caught in the middle trying to figure out how to de-esculate the situation and save the Morlocks.  Movie 2, the Government responds in full force locking the mutants up and making the Sentinels.  This movie explores mutant labor camps and injustices in the prison system of America...while showing how a government can turn on a minority when the majority is afraid of them.  Magneto and the Brotherhood rise up as freedom fighters the end of the movie the Brotherhood and X-men work together to free the mutants and Magneto creates his safe haven for mutants orbiting the Earth...that he has secretly weaponized.  Final movie is all out mutant vs. Government war and the X-men are stuck in the middle.  Ground the X-men for the first trilogy.  Limit their powers and focus on relationships.  Keep the casts tight and small.  Once you finished the trilogy You can use that to setup Avengers vs. X-men and then go to individual stories like Dark Pheonix or House of M...or whatever.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4276 on: December 15, 2019, 11:53:47 AM »
CCPX News:

“[We have] the opportunity to tell their story, and show more of what Wanda can do, more of what makes Vision, Vision, and most importantly, reveal a name that I’m not even sure we’ve said in the MCU yet, but we make a big deal of in the show, is the fact that Wanda is the Scarlet Witch. And what does that mean, that she is the Scarlet Witch? That’s what we play into with this show in ways that are entirely fun, entirely funny, somewhat scary, and will have repercussions for the entire future of Phase 4 of the MCU.â€

I wonder what the name is.  I'm assuming, based on the use of "yet", that it's a name that could've been said earlier and not someone from the Fox acquisitive (like when Stephen Strange was name dropped in Cap2).  I can't really come up with one right now though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: December 18, 2019, 02:37:09 PM »
WandaVision set pic leads to MCU spoiler.....
https://i.imgur.com/KUKugnw.jpg

We already speculated some of it, this just confirms it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: December 27, 2019, 12:16:35 PM »
 Deadpool 3 in development over at Marvel Studios
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/12/27/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-3-marvel-studios/

I think 2020 is MCU light, but 2021 going forward is gonna be crazy packed.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: December 27, 2019, 01:24:03 PM »
I'm curious if they will bring him into the MCU or keep him stand alone.  Or just say **** it and have him exist in this pseudo-MCU state where MCU characters and settings appear in his movies, but he doesn't really appear in theirs.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: December 28, 2019, 12:13:14 AM »
I'm curious if they will bring him into the MCU or keep him stand alone.  Or just say **** it and have him exist in this pseudo-MCU state where MCU characters and settings appear in his movies, but he doesn't really appear in theirs.

That would be the best choice.  That way they can still let the character go crazy with the world the MCU has created but not have to worry about the consequences the events of his movie might cause for everyone else.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: December 30, 2019, 03:28:53 AM »
How about some MCU updates!?

Apparently What If is confirmed for a 2nd season.
- Last I remember, it was getting a "What If" for each of the first 23 movies. So I'm not sure if they are splitting that between 2 seasons, or what (...or when) the 2nd season would be exactly.

Moon Knight is filming in Pinewood Studios UK, and word has it that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) may have a "titular" role in the show (I'm taking that he may be Moon Knight)

Falcon and the Winter Soldier is gonna have some BIG moments

Loki is in Pre-Production, so that should start filming soon.

New look at Black Widow coming January 13th - I guess Marvel aired a commercial during College football a week or so ago announcing it.

Doctor Strange 2 will not be a straight horror movie - will have horror elements and horror scenes.
Also Feige says there will be a surprising debut in the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_P8V6KPnoc

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4282 on: December 30, 2019, 01:41:58 PM »
Nice! Now I'm starting to feel the hype!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: December 30, 2019, 04:58:54 PM »
Not sure if I mentioned it before, but Kamala is being casted and should also start filming soon.

and I also forgot the mention the relevance of Moon Knight filing at Pinewood UK is that they will be close enough to Egypt to maybe film on Location

Majority of 2020 is gonna be light on MCU action, burt come 2021 till Infinity..... we gon be eatin' good.

edit: oh, and this is one that takes me by surprise....
supposedly a New Trailer for ...~*New Mutants*~... drops Jan 06, 2020
Movie hits theaters April 3rd...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:45:23 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: December 31, 2019, 05:11:59 PM »
Looks like we now know where Blade is gonna slot into the MCU

Moon Knight introduces Dracula, with Dracula comes Blade, Blade goes from D+ show to Theatrical Release. Things about to get crazy in the MCU between crossovers in theaters and D+/Hulu

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: January 02, 2020, 01:21:16 AM »
It appears WandaVision is ahead of schedule and may be coming in 2020 now instead of 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQP4bk1uGXM

it is also rumored that all the MCU D+ content is ahead of schedule and everything could get moved up by a few months.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:25:17 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: January 02, 2020, 09:55:51 AM »
weeeeeak

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4287 on: January 03, 2020, 06:23:40 AM »
Here is hoping Falcon and the Winter Soldier is ahead of schedule too.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: January 04, 2020, 07:39:57 PM »
Here is hoping Falcon and the Winter Soldier is ahead of schedule too.

I would hope, but it's not very promising when their spot in the D+ trailer of upcoming 2020 shows is just individual set photos of each of them slapped on the same screen. You would think there would at least be one still from the actual show.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: January 05, 2020, 02:41:34 AM »
MCU Cosmic is passing around a "rumor" that Feige and Marvel Studios may have gotten full rights for Hulk and Namor back from Universal, and that Feige has also been asking Ruffalo to pitch some Hulk movie ideas at him as they are looking to possibly work in a Hulk solo film.

This would mean that only Spider-man is still at large for Marvel, assuming the "rumor" is true.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4290 on: January 05, 2020, 10:49:17 AM »
What about Ghost Rider and Fantastic 4?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: January 05, 2020, 03:37:30 PM »
What about Ghost Rider and Fantastic 4?

What about them?

Marvel got F4 back in the Fox Acquisition, and they've had Ghost Rider for a while now, as far as I know.

Feige clipped Marvel TV's plans to use Ghost Rider in a Hulu series when he took over all Marvel story related duties (Movies, TV, Animation, Comics<?>)

Blade & Moon Knight are coming, and some would like to think that's gonna lead to a Marvel Knights situation that also probably includes Ghost Rider.

Lots of deliciousness coming down the MCU Pipeline very soon.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4292 on: January 05, 2020, 08:02:28 PM »
MCU Cosmic is passing around a "rumor" that Feige and Marvel Studios may have gotten full rights for Hulk and Namor back from Universal, and that Feige has also been asking Ruffalo to pitch some Hulk movie ideas at him as they are looking to possibly work in a Hulk solo film.

This would mean that only Spider-man is still at large for Marvel, assuming the "rumor" is true.

That's pretty interesting.  I guess Universal knew that Disney wasn't just gonna let them make a Hulk movie in the MCU, so it was pretty easy to get a dollar value on the franchise from future licensing rights.  And if they were just sitting on Namor, who probably lacks the cache for a solo film anyway, then selling that made more than enough sense.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4293 on: January 05, 2020, 10:02:04 PM »
I mean at the end of the day, (if this is true) Universal must know that they won't have the success needed to make a good prophet.  However, getting a sure prophet from a sell is better than nothing or a loss.  And the last 2 Hulk Solo movies didn't do great.  As well, Namor can't be done as a solo film now.  The underwater world has already been down with Aquaman, and so Namor will just look like a copycat.  Sell and cut your losses.  Spiderman is a tougher situation.  Marvel really wanted Spiderman for the Infinity Saga and they did everything they could to get him.  Unfortunately, they have re-invigorated the franchise that Sony almost destroyed, which has increased its value exponentially.  Sony is not going to let go of this cash cow now.  Maybe if the Sony films without the Marvel connection failed again, Sony could cut its losses.  Still, that is going to be tough. 

At the same time, the Super Hero Movie craze has been going on for over a decade now, and it seems to be winding down.  So, I wonder if that will have some play in what happens.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: January 06, 2020, 12:35:42 AM »
Well, with Hulk, Universal only had first refusal of distribution rights on any Hulk titled/starring role movie, which they would never do with how much money an MCU movie is all but guaranteed to make. But Marvel/Disney isn't passing up on all that profit, so they instead avoid a "Hulk" movie.
Universal is better off selling it off for something instead of sitting on it indefinitely for nothing when Marvel has already shown they don't need it, and can just make a Hulk show on D+ instead.

So if they did work something out, I wonder what Disney gave Comcast to release those rights.

As for Namor.... I assume it was also a distribution thing as well, as Feige had previously said that they were the only ones that could make the movie, but there were complication with making it happen that they'd have to work out first.

As for a potential Namor movie being a copy of Aquaman, I find it funny that James Wan supposedly worked with James Cameron on the underwater tech since it's the same stuff he was developing for Avatar 2-4. And now the Avatar movies will be Disney Productions.

edit: and there is no proof that the "Superhero" genre is winding down.
Joker... comic based, no super in it afaik, just crossed a $Billy, and Marvel has been on a "break" since Far from home.  There is TONS of hype building for the upcoming D+ series and the MCU movies, but it's been a little on the quiet side while Marvel reloads and DC kinda figures out what's next.... (WW84, Birds of Prey & SS2) and how that fits into whatever it is they are doing on the united movie front.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 12:40:18 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4295 on: January 06, 2020, 01:10:15 AM »
Joker is a comic book movie in the same way Constantine is: it's technically a comic book movie, but not really a superhero movie.  People might be a bit burned out on superhero movies, but saying the comic book to movie adaptation thing is winding down would undermine the depth of what constitutes a comic book (or graphic novel) and be the same as saying "people aren't into movies based on novels anymore" when really maybe one or two YA novel movies didn't do so hot.

Now, maybe the superhero genre has reached its peak; it's hard to up the scale after Endgame.  But if you look at what's coming out from the Marvel slate, a lot of those movies seem to be set on genre bending, which might feel surprisingly refreshing.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: January 06, 2020, 01:25:20 AM »
Honestly, that's how Marvel "cracked" the superhero genre, is by incorporating other genres into the mix to keep things from feeling "too samesy" from movie to movie.

We've had the "monster Movie", the Norse Mythology, the WW2 epic, the Spy thriller, team up(s), 90's throwback, Gladiator/Prison Escape, Heist, Space Opera, High School Drama/Field Trip, Time Travel and then the Grand Epic Mashup Finale.

Upcoming we have our Secret Agent/Special Ops, Kung Fu/Martial Arts, Mind Bending/Horror, Vampire/Supernatural, Love Story/Character Swap, Sitcom/Mindfuck, Buddy Buddy Action, etc etc.

They always trying to keep it fresher than same characters, same situations, different paint.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4297 on: January 06, 2020, 04:11:40 AM »
I agree, except on one point.  They may have been on an international field trip, but Spider-Man was 100% your classic super-hero movie.  He's gotta save the day, get the girl, and protect his secret identity.  All the classic tropes, just in highschool.

Which one are you calling the "monster movie"?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4298 on: January 06, 2020, 05:24:49 AM »
The Incredible Hulk is classic Monster movie. 

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4299 on: January 06, 2020, 01:03:04 PM »
Ah, true.  I forgot about that one since they switched up the actor.