Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Run the Series 2: Pokemon Main Series

(1/7) > >>

Khushrenada:
Welcome to the 2nd edition of Run the Series.  :)

In my mind, I envisioned this forum thread series as alternating by console and handheld series although there may be some crossover with the games in the series. Thus, every two weeks, we can do a console and then a handheld and then back to console, you get the idea.

Since I started this in the console forum with the highly successful Mario series, I thought it only right to start the handheld side with the highly successful Pokémon series. However, like Mario, there may be some debate as to how to classify the games in the series. In this case, I grouped the games by generation and even threw in some of the remakes with their perspective generation. To run the series would just constitute beating one of the games of each generation. However, I am not a Pokémon expert. So, for those who are, perhaps there are enough differences in some games to recommend separating them out from the grouping I have it in. Let me know in the comments.

Khushrenada:
And as I said before in the first edition of Run the Series:

From past posts, I am sometimes surprised at what games users have played or missed in a franchise and it's made me curious about the gaming habits other people here have. I thought I'd find out more information by creating a series of threads designed to look at different franchises and find out more information about what series players here like. What franchises do people still find important to keep up with and what series have they let lapse or play infrequently? What are the franchises people haven't even touched or have fully completed? Which games are the most common shared experience in a series and which ones are the least?

I've created a poll and the poll lists all the games considered as franchise entries. When I mean beat, it just refers to completing the main quest or storyline and seeing the credits. Not if you've completed every other side quest or mission. If you want to provide more information about what your level of completion is on games, feel free to post about it. For that matter, feel free to give your thoughts on the series. Why you play it, why you don't, what's your favorite entry, least favorite entry, how you'd rank the entry in the series, what you'd like to see, what you don't want to see, etc. You know the drill.

Let's see how well NWR has run the series.

rygar:
X is the first Pokemon game I played and it is the only one I beat. I haven't played any of the post-game yet. I am a few hours into Alpha Sapphire and plan on beating that and Moon. I really love the series so far and I envision buying the DS games and maybe even Y, Omega Ruby, and Sun depending on what happens with the NX.

I enjoy the core monster hunting conceit and think the art design and music are fabulous. The monsters are fun and the environments are visually rich and interesting. There is enough wry humor to make the dialogue also enjoyable for adults.

The biggest improvements I would like to see are making the menus more efficient, speeding up all the text box sequences, and divorcing field and battle moves. My other request, providing in-battle type info, appears to already have been implemented in Sun & Moon.   

NWR_insanolord:
I've played all of them but Black 2 and White 2, but I only ever completed my original copy of Pokémon Blue.

Shaymin:
All of them, multiple times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version