Author Topic: Persona 3 Portable, 4 Golden, And 5 Royal Coming To Switch Starting In October  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

"I accept three hundred hours of JRPG of my own free will."

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/60827/persona-3-portable-4-golden-and-5-royal-coming-to-switch-starting-in-october

The 25th anniversary of Persona is going to include three Switch releases.

During the Partner Showcase, previously announced versions of Persona 3 Portable (2010, PSP), Persona 4 Golden (2012, Vita) and Persona 5 Royal (2020, PS4) were confirmed for Switch release, with 5 Royal coming first on October 21.

The long-running RPG series combines social elements and turn-based JRPG combat.

Atlus's website has confirmed a physical Switch release for Royal, while Portable and Golden will be eShop only.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I bought SMT V on sale and am playing through it now and that's sucking me into the SMT franchise so Persona has been on my radar.  Really it has been since Tokyo Mirage Sessions but I feel like I crossed a line by trying out the "main" SMT series so really any spinoff should be fair game now.

I do have a PS2 and a PS3 so in theory all three of these Personas were playable to me without getting a Switch port.  But this will definitely be my platform for P5.  P3 sounds like the PS2 FES version is the way to go and P4 is up in the air because I hear such great things about Golden but this isn't a physical release.  But I also don't have a Vita so it's either PS2 for physical release or Switch for what's generally seen as the superior release.

But all of these will probably be things I keep my eye on for sales and such.  I don't think my backlog will be open enough to slot in another RPG in October.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
I just picked up Persona 4 Golden for Vita last week. Very interested in Persona 5 Royal, but I am quite backlogged with JRPGs at the moment.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I will gladly replay P4. I never did get around to playing my Vita copy of Golden. I've really been itching to replay P3, but I have no interest in playing the half-assed PSP version, even as much as I despise P3 FES' The Answer.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'm going to do my best to finish the RPGs in my backlog to play P5r. I'm interested in seeing what the fuss is about. It looks like a good time, but I've never played a Persona game.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline payworse

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
I've been aching to play P3 again, but the PSP port isn't appealing to me, even if I loathe P3 FES's The Answer.