Author Topic: DSi XL Unboxing  (Read 18019 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: DSi XL Unboxing
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2010, 07:53:04 PM »
How can you tell with that picture quality? Even on the brightest setting, it still looks black.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »
Can the DSi XL battery work in the regular DSi?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2010, 06:03:19 PM »
How can you tell with that picture quality? Even on the brightest setting, it still looks black.
There is something wrong with your monitor.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2010, 09:36:06 PM »
Probably. It is eight years old, but I don't like any flat panel monitor that I've seen, so I've got to stick with this one. I should probably try fiddling with the colour settings and see if I can get browner/darker colours to show better.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2010, 02:45:02 PM »
Probably. It is eight years old, but I don't like any flat panel monitor that I've seen, so I've got to stick with this one. I should probably try fiddling with the colour settings and see if I can get browner/darker colours to show better.
This thread has come full circle. ;) At least I now know why the screen quality of the DSi XL doesn't bother Mop. ;)  I kid.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2010, 02:56:20 PM »
Actually, I probably wouldn't like the DSi XL screens. From the sound of it, they'd be too big and bright. LCDs only make colours look washed out due to their brightness, and if the DSi XL screens are larger without increasing the resolution, it'd just make things look a whole lot worse.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2010, 09:42:29 PM »
Actually, I probably wouldn't like the DSi XL screens. From the sound of it, they'd be too big and bright. LCDs only make colours look washed out due to their brightness, and if the DSi XL screens are larger without increasing the resolution, it'd just make things look a whole lot worse.

You can adjust the brightness.  I haven't seen the colors as 'washed out.'  I found that things look quite a bit more colorful than I was used to on the DS.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »
The pixels are huge. They hurt my eyes. :-/

I just thought about this, but wait till they're popping out at you in 3D

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2010, 11:29:03 AM »
I just want to know if the DSi XL battery is compatible with the regular DSi. If so, I could buy one and switch it out with the old DSi battery and have more power. The reson for wanting to do this is that the DSi has really poor battery power and I want to do something about it.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2010, 02:04:20 PM »
The DSi and DSi XL use different batteries.

You can buy replacement batteries for your systems from store.nintendo.com.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »

You can adjust the brightness.  I haven't seen the colors as 'washed out.'  I found that things look quite a bit more colorful than I was used to on the DS.
On its dimmest setting, it is still brighter than my CRT on its brightest setting.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »
Hey Pale, I tried one of these at Best Buy today. You're right, the pixels are a little too big for the screen size!