Author Topic: Nintendo Direct To Return Before End Of Year, Change Next Year  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Direct To Return Before End Of Year, Change Next Year
« on: October 28, 2015, 02:55:01 AM »

At least once we will have news delivered directly to us. UPDATED

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41323/nintendo-direct-to-return-before-end-of-year-change-next-year

We have a timeframe for the return of the Nintendo Direct.

In a note from Nintendo's recent financial results release, CEO Tatsumi Kimishima confirmed to the Wall Street Journal that in addition to an update on their mobile plans tomorrow, the Nintendo Direct will return in the next couple of months.

Whether this is the fiscal or calendar is not known, but the success of Directs in 2015 may press Nintendo to get something out sooner rather than later.

UPDATE: A further update from the Wall Street Journal's Takashi Mochizuki indicates that the year's Direct may be the last under the current format, with a "new format" coming next year.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Re: Nintendo Direct To Return Before End Of Year, Change Next Year
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 05:27:27 PM »
I never saw any of the old Nintendo Directs so I am not sure if this affects me. I think they were a lousy way to get information out there to the large audience in the first place.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline nhaines

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 05:22:38 AM »
You think a video full of information released on YouTube was a lousy way to get information out there to a large audience in the first place?

How would you suggest they do so?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 10:18:42 AM »
You think a video full of information released on YouTube was a lousy way to get information out there to a large audience in the first place?

How would you suggest they do so?

I'm not negative on the Nintendo Direct format, the argument that these presentations are essentially Nintendo "preaching to the choir" instead of finding a way to draw interest from a broader audience holds at least some water.  Finding the best way to provide detailed info and involve a broad audience isn't easy though.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 11:46:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure they can buy a 30 minute time slot on G4. G4's still a thing, right? Right.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 09:08:42 PM »
Actually, G4 died last year.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.