Author Topic: Club Nintendo Digital Rewards Unveiled for July  (Read 2333 times)

Club Nintendo Digital Rewards Unveiled for July
« on: July 07, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »

Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong Jr., and more are available until August 3.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38026/club-nintendo-digital-rewards-unveiled-for-july

July’s Club Nintendo downloadable game rewards include 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, Metal Torrent, Donkey Kong Jr., and Paper Mario.

3D Classics: Kid Icarus is an enhanced version of the NES original featuring stereoscopic 3D, newly-added background art, new control options, and other niceties. It’s available on 3DS for 200 coins.

Metal Torrent, originally released in 2010 as a DSiWare title, is a vertically-scrolling shooter with eight stages, two ships, and the ability to choose between random or patterned waves of enemies. Get it on 3DS for 200 coins.

Donkey Kong Jr. is the sequel to the arcade classic Donkey Kong and holds a special place in Nintendo history as the only time Mario has played the role of villain. Control DK’s kid across four stages to rescue the big ape from the clutches of the iconic plumber on Wii U for 200 coins.

Paper Mario for Nintendo 64 was only Mario’s second RPG-style outing, and the game’s papercraft presentation was quite novel at the time. Players can check out the timing-based attack system, humor, and other hallmark qualities of the Paper Mario series on Wii or Wii U (via the system’s Wii mode) for 250 coins.

These four titles will be available through Club Nintendo's website until August 3.

Offline TurdFurgy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Club Nintendo Digital Rewards Unveiled for July
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:31:23 PM »
I'd be interested in Paper Mario, but I like to save my coins for things I can't get already. Also my backlog is long enough without another RPG. Also I don't want to play another RPG because they're too long.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 10:12:55 PM »
Shi..................t! Should have saved my coins from last month for Paper Mario.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline LudicrousDa3ve

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:18:48 PM »
Cool that they're bringing back Paper Mario. Might have to snag Metal Torrent... if I can ever steal the old lady's 3DS.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 11:36:03 PM »
I'm going to keep holding out on Paper Mario until it's a Wii U download rather than a Wii/Wii-mode download. No rush. I still have The Thousand Year Door to keep not playing.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:53:23 AM »
How long do they usually wait to announce the rewards for the Platinum members. I find it interesting that they don't just announce them immediately on July 1st.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 11:11:28 AM »
How long do they usually wait to announce the rewards for the Platinum members. I find it interesting that they don't just announce them immediately on July 1st.
Their year end faq says around mid-July.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »
I already own Paper Mario on the VC (I want the GCN game on VC though), but I recommend it to anyone who doesn't own it. Already own DK Jr. through the Ambassador Program (not that good of a game). Kid Icarus is not a good game, so even with the visual enhancements i'm not interested in using up coins to get it. Not sure if I want to use coins to get Metal Torrent either.

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »
Well, not the usual monthly fare of own it, own it, don't care, don't have a Wii U (the last used to be either own it or don't care).  I do believe I will be picking up Kid Icarus and will be looking into Metal Torrent.