Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

DEAD CELLS (pixel art, not cell shaded)

(1/3) > >>

ShyGuy:
Wow, I am liking this even though it isn't my kind of genre.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dead-cells-switch

It's a Rogue-Lite game, meaning every time you die you start at the beginning and the level is randomized. However there are tent poles through out the game that remain the same.

The level design is similar to a Metroidvania, but the enemies don't respawn unless you die. The focus is on action not exploration and you can build your character with new weapons and skills. Of course, being a rogue lite, you lose your weapons when you die.

The controls feel great. The animations are well done and the zoom level of the action is perfect.

BranDonk Kong:
I hear it's fast, fluid, and responsive. That's what Filip said that Boomstick said.

NWR_insanolord:
This is not usually the kind of game I'd be that interested in, but I picked it up mainly because Neal wouldn't stop gushing over it in the staff Slack for almost a whole week before it came out, and I'm glad I did. The combat just feels so good, I'm not sure I've ever played a game like this with such smooth and satisfying combat. I haven't been able to make that much progress, getting stuck on the same boss for a while now, but it's still been very enjoyable.

ShyGuy:
Man, it can be tough, the luck of the draw seems to be a big factor. I had a good run and got to the first boss, (I think he's the first boss, the Concierge?) but his health goes down real slow.

I like the ice blasts and double bows so far.

lolmonade:
As you begin spending the cells you collect for upgrades (get that health potion!), the runs become more consistent, provided you're not rushing with reckless abandon.

I got to the first boss once, got them down to about 2/3 health before dying, probably could have beat him if I wasn't trying to sneak too many shots in each cycle. 

I thought the framerate slowdown wasn't an issue until I hit one section I hadn't before (sorry, can't remember the name).  Holy hell, it just came to a crawl and there were awful sorts of input delay that ended up hurting me so much that I gave up and let the game kill me.  Has sort of turned me off to picking it back up until there's a patch to fix the issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version