Author Topic: Mafia LXII: Dead Thread. Ain't that a kick in the head!  (Read 44677 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Mafia LXII: Dead Thread. Ain't that a kick in the head!
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »
I am so lucky my vote for redblue didn't go through :-\
Made you look ****.

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2014, 08:00:27 PM »
I am so lucky my vote for redblue didn't go through :-\

Yeah I was like he is a dead man walking when you changed your vote.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2014, 08:03:42 PM »
These death avatars are hilarious. It changes the tone I read messages in and makes the whole forum extra enjoyable.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2014, 11:41:22 PM »
Apdude's is absolutely hilarious, all the others are just hit and miss...

my list basically put crimm as either fox or killer,

I honestly suspected that stevey might be cube just due to how he basically went into hiding but I never got around to mentioning it to the group

Redblue turned out to be cubes apprentice, i'd suspected fox goon, and a few others who are still alive so I won't name.

Also noname, your detective work pales in comparison to my expose in the Godzilla mafia

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2014, 09:10:16 PM »
Yesterday I made a post in the Mario Kart thread about how I get blown up by the bomb when I get the Crazy 8 item.

The irony was not lost on me.

Then again, I kind of deserve it for trying a rather risky strategy. The reason I voted for Mop it up at the last moment on Day 4 was because I wanted to cause a tie with RedBlue. I wanted a tie to happen and then was hoping it would go unresolved so 3 players would be randomly eliminated and hoping this randomness would pick more mafia players to eliminate as a result.
Careful with an idea like that, people probably won't like it regardless of the situation. I did that in the previous game and people hated me for it despite the fact that none of them stepped in to vote at all.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2014, 09:22:03 PM »
Yesterday I made a post in the Mario Kart thread about how I get blown up by the bomb when I get the Crazy 8 item.

Then again, I kind of deserve it for trying a rather risky strategy. The reason I voted for Mop it up at the last moment on Day 4 was because I wanted to cause a tie with RedBlue. I wanted a tie to happen and then was hoping it would go unresolved so 3 players would be randomly eliminated and hoping this randomness would pick more mafia players to eliminate as a result.
Careful with an idea like that, people probably won't like it regardless of the situation. I did that in the previous game and people hated me for it despite the fact that none of them stepped in to vote at all.

And it led to the mafia winning despite being down to just 1 member.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2014, 10:22:11 PM »

Because forcing a tie is a @#%$^! Horrible idea for anyone ever, seriously especially in that small of a game. No matter what there's very little strategic incentive to doing so and honestly the results you got are less then pleasing to be honest.

And I think most of us who complained were already dead from other displays of stupidity on the townies part.

I'm going to be honest you basically handed thatguy the entire game on a silver platter.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »

Because that 1 member was the only other person actually playing the game. Nonparticipants to not deserve to win, plus I can't win by meself.

Even without the tie, the Mafia would have won since no one else was voting.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:42:06 PM by Mop it up »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2014, 01:15:10 AM »

Because that 1 member was the only other person actually playing the game. Nonparticipants to not deserve to win, plus I can't win by meself.

that's not the version of the story I remember,..the version of the story I remember has you basically killing two of the mafis's main threats in your stupid crusade against inactivity. I also recall enough people voting the day after to potentailly sway the vote-oh wait, you were voting with thatguy...

Oh and I also recall you voting against me instead of thatguy in the day 4 thread, that obviously went great for the town...

See the question that comes to mind is this, is no voting better then poorly thought out voting?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:13 AM »
Gonna step in here and say it's just a game. You win some, you lose some. Kind of like hair.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2014, 03:35:13 AM »
Coon Mafia.  You can pull this one out.  (I don't really see how townies can win.)  But Coon Mafia.  I think tonight's hit is yours.  So if you can kill a Fox and or vote out a Fox you can put the odds in your favor.

Just look at the it this way...if you can eliminate 2 Foxes in one day you jump to the primary Mafia.  The odds will be in your favor. 

But, you might also expose yourself...But then....who cares, because right now you have little to no chance.  If you don't eliminate at least one Fox army tonight, you are pretty dead.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »
I get the feeling tonight is going to be a blood bath.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2014, 01:22:34 PM »
Coon Mafia.  You can pull this one out.  (I don't really see how townies can win.)  But Coon Mafia.  I think tonight's hit is yours.  So if you can kill a Fox and or vote out a Fox you can put the odds in your favor.

Just look at the it this way...if you can eliminate 2 Foxes in one day you jump to the primary Mafia.  The odds will be in your favor. 

But, you might also expose yourself...But then....who cares, because right now you have little to no chance.  If you don't eliminate at least one Fox army tonight, you are pretty dead.

The fox mafia still outnumbers the coons but the coons still have a role detective to roll out on an odd day.

Also I'm noticing a few plot holes in the narrative, mostly revolving around that boat.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2014, 01:46:24 PM »
Haha. I'm loving this Avatar!

It's almost worth dying for.
Gouge away.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2014, 01:49:03 PM »
It's not my fault. I'm a victim of the many restrictive voting laws established by the khushrenada administration.

I get the feeling tonight is going to be a blood bath.
Idk fatty looks like he'll have his hit canceled by being killed.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2014, 02:01:08 PM »

Also I'm noticing a few plot holes in the narrative, mostly revolving around that boat.

Enlighten me on them and I'll see if they can be explained.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2014, 02:10:58 PM »
The boat was still in my possession on day 4 when i was killed despite having been returned it to the dock where I found it but somehow pix regained possession of it and made use of it, I also mentioned a coastal blockade making escape by sea difficult.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »

Khush definitely has a "character bludgeoned with random objects" motif going on, though they are on theme with AC...  Wonder what's next?!

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2014, 02:15:14 PM »
The boat was still in my possession on day 4 when i was killed despite having been returned it to the dock where I found it but somehow pix regained possession of it and made use of it, I also mentioned a coastal blockade making escape by sea difficult.

I believe in the story I was driving the boat and you were water skiing when you died.  Thus I returned to shore only to get blown up.  The blockade may be an issue, but the boat is now out of commission for good... I think.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
You didn't put explosives in the boat? Come on what kind of mafia are you.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2014, 02:40:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure the boat was left on the north shore. Sawyer and Kate used it to make their way back to the main Island, and after that Sayid used it to scout ahead of the main group in the finale. Then at some point Mr Eko used it to go back in time and save a polar bear from drowning.
Gouge away.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2014, 02:59:50 PM »
I am so screwed.
King Crab is delicious, tho
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2014, 03:08:48 PM »

Khush definitely has a "character bludgeoned with random objects" motif going on, though they are on theme with AC...  Wonder what's next?!

Do I? I'd have thought it was more an explosion motif but that was brought about by events of the game. I know there was some blast debris that killed people. There was the bag of bells. Hmmm. What else?

On day 3, you steal the boat from Kapp'n (to which he makes one of the funniest responses in the game) but then you return it and even say "And for the record the boats now on dock, mayor khush apparently set up a coastal blockade." Thus Kapp'n has his boat back as you couldn't get anywhere with it.

As for your death on Day 4, I never said it was Kapp'n's boat that was being used to make your horrible escape (I mean, why would you think waterskiing would be convienient?) but even if it was, Timmy brings it back to shore at night and never uses it again so once more Kapp'n would be able to reclaim his boat. Thus, I see no holes in the boat possession story.

As for the coastal blockade, that is such a vague point. First of all, it could be claimed as non-canon since the idea never came from me but even if I used it, all we have is your word that there is a coastal blockade and you could be saying that to keep the villagers from trying to escape that route. Plus, you are mafia and knew you couldn't leave as your mafia mates needed you in seizing control. Thus, you had to have a reason for returning despite trying to play innocent so you could have made up the coastal blockade.

And even if the blockade is real, getting out into the water and away from people looking to kill you is still a smart idea. Plus, what kind of mafia member/criminal are you if you don't think you could get past a blockade. You could stay out on the water for the cover of night to sneak by, you could just try to speed by or anchor the boat and try diving under the blockade. Or even bribe the blockade officials. We have no details of the blockade to know what is and isn't possible. Thus, I say there are no plotholes.

And if you are going to comment so much in the dead thread, please display the appropriate avatar. It's nice to see nothing but AC avatars but you keep breaking the illusion and look.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2014, 03:17:32 PM »

Do I? I'd have thought it was more an explosion motif but that was brought about by events of the game. I know there was some blast debris that killed people. There was the bag of bells. Hmmm. What else?

There was a crystal ball as well.  Flying rock from the explosion.

Wasn't complaining as I think they are pretty funny.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2014, 04:16:52 PM »
I am so screwed.
King Crab is delicious, tho
So fatty has resorted to the noodles on the wall style of voting...