Author Topic: Star Wars Fanhouse, Chewie, we're home!  (Read 160668 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars 7 in 2015
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »
In an ironic twist, Yoda is from earth.

Yoda is actually a really old Asian monk. Shrunken from age, green from... [to be explained by a Marvel tie in]

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2014, 02:04:16 PM »
Not a big star wars fan, but that last season of the Clone Wars was amazing. Yoda's story in particular was crazy. Seriously, I couldn't stop watching it for a second. It's on Netflix BTW if you haven't seen it.

I'm going through the Clone Wars series right now. It is part of the reason the Star Wars bug has bit me again. Too bad I got half way through the series because the out-of-order play list is really noticeable when you binge it. I may start over and watch them in continuity order and just skip the familiar episodes.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2014, 01:51:52 AM »
can you post or link the "continuity" list?

I may play catch up on the seasons I haven't seen yet.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »
can you post or link the "continuity" list?

I may play catch up on the seasons I haven't seen yet.

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/2014/03/17/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder/

This is the official timeline. The more I watch the more I wish I did this from the get-go. I watch 2-6 episodes at a time while doing homework and the continuity errors are very noticeable. There are people who die that are alive later and major plot points that are reversed. The latter part of the series is better organized so I probably don't have much of a reason to go back through anytime soon.

Though it could be because I am a Star Wars nerd that they are noticeable.
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »

http://starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page.html

Main cannon is the six films and clone wars. All old expanded universe is now called legacy. The first new cannon content on screen is rebels and in print some books launching this year.

Haven't qtaxhed the video but it seems that every out this fall going forward is cannon and the old EU and new books in it aren't.

Yep

Going forward, Lucasfilm has begun mapping out the narrative future of Star Wars storytelling that will appear on film and television and in other media so that all projects will benefit from real-time collaboration and alignment. The future Star Wars novels from Disney Publishing Worldwide and Del Rey Books will now be part of the official Star Wars canon as reflected on upcoming TV and movie screens.

First book is titled Star Wars Tarkin and is set for 11/4/14, Heir to the Jedi in January and lords of the With in March.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »
Bumping the Star Wars thread as I stated I would in the movie/TV thread. I forgot that the novels were realigning this September as well. I guess I should wrap up the old novels. I'm hoping they allowed the Fate of the Jedi series to wrap up before doing this. Would hate to see the series get cut off as I was quite enjoying where it was going.

There was also that Legacy comic series that took place with Luke's great-grandson 100+ years after return of the Jedi. I never finished that. I liked where the series was going and watching the novels as they set up the framework for the Legacy series with Imperial Jedi, Sith and Alliance Jedi. It was like force wielders were the knight class of every major faction so it was allowing for more story potential.

I'm not going to be a stickler for them changing events between the legacy material and new works but I do hope they keep some semblance of continuity and the characters.

By continuity I mean keeping the general flow of the story where rebels fight to overcome the Empire post-Return of the Jedi until the formation of the New Republic and then move towards the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and deal eventually with the 'Jedi-Legacy' issues in some way.

By characters I just want to see most of the major and sub-major book characters make a return. Especially Han, Leia and Luke's kids. They can have more if Disney wants, but at least maintain the current ones in some fashion. Especially Jason Solo and his fall to the dark side.

For changes, I truly hope that they allow Thrawn to play a huge role in the series and not allow him to be killed off so easily.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:42:25 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2014, 01:20:13 PM »
Well the expanded universe is dead according to disney. They'll thrown it all out for a One Star Wars Universe were everything rather it be films, games, comics, TV series are all the same level of cannon and will be made to work around and reference each other. From what I understand is they'll be taking from the old EU to build the new

So here's a list of all the projects coming up and what is cannon.

Film
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Episode II: The Clone Wars

Star Was Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Star Wars Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Upcoming Films

Star Wars Episode VII - 2015
directed by JJ Abrhams

Untitled Star Wars spin off film -2016
Directed by Gareth Edwards and with screenplay by Gary Whitta

Star Wars episode 8 - 2017
directed by Rian Johnson

Boba Fett spin off film -2018
Directed by Josh Trank

Star Wars episode 9 -2019
directed by Rian Johnson

Comics

Star Wars: Darth Maul : Son of Dathominor - 4 issue mini series ending in august

Getting cut in half by Obi-Wan Kenobi and being rejected by his former Sith master Darth Sidious isn't going to defeat Darth Maul. In fact, it only makes him mad enough to take on the galaxy—with an army of Mandalorians!
Interestingly enough its the only Dark Horse comic or previous written expanded universe book that was cannon. The four part series was supposed to be apart of clone wars season six and finish up the darth maul plot points left hanging in season five.

upcoming:
Three books should be announced this week at Comic-con

Television Series
Star Wars the Clone Wars

Upcoming:
Star Wars Rebels - September 2014

Books:
Star Wars: A new Dawn

A prequel to Star Wars rebels

Star Wars Tarkin- November 2014

In our second upcoming novel created in collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, bestselling Star Wars veteran James Luceno gives Tarkin the Darth Plagueis treatment, bringing a legendary character from A New Hope to full, fascinating life.

Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi -early 2015

A thrilling new adventure set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, and—for the first time ever—written entirely from Luke Skywalker's first-person point of view.

Star Wars : Lord of the sith - early 2015

When the Emperor and his notorious apprentice, Darth Vader, find themselves stranded in the middle of insurgent action on an inhospitable planet, they must rely solely on each other, the Force, and their awesome martial skills to prevail.

Video Games

Upcoming:

Star Wars Battlefront -2105
A new Battlefield game made by EA and Dice

Untitled Star Wars game from Visceral
A new star wars game from the guys behind dead space
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:14:31 AM by shingi_70 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »
Yes, it is dead. I just hope they still use the material in their future projects. This is a nice chance to fix some problems and improve on others. Like I said, I just hope they include the major book characters in some fashion.
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2014, 03:56:41 PM »
Yes, it is dead. I just hope they still use the material in their future projects. This is a nice chance to fix some problems and improve on others. Like I said, I just hope they include the major book characters in some fashion.

Depends on how they use them right, I'd expect fans would be mad if Thwarn was used a villain on rebels, or say they bring in skykiller into season 2.

I'm interested in the fact that Disney seems to be killing the importance of Luke to the story.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »
I think they realize that everything should not be pinned on the shoulders of one man.

I am optimistic on where they will take the franchise. Now where are our new wave of Star Wars games?
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2014, 11:51:50 PM »
The Star Wars Rebels comic-con panel.

http://www.newsarama.com/21681-sdcc-2014-star-wars-rebels-panel-live.html

The most intresting tidbits.

How many lightsaber fights will there be? "There are pivotal lightsaber fights that are meaningful to the characters," Filoni said. "Kanan doesn't want to be out in the open. The Jedi that are alive don't want to be out in the open. But the force hasn't gone away - kids are still being born that can use the force. So part of our story is explaining that side of things, that doesn't have anything to do with Luke. The lightsaber fights will be saved for the pivotal moments, though."

Collins asked the panel what it means to be a Rebel in this timeframe.

Kinberg said, "It's the very beginning - this is the origin story of the Rebel Alliance. These are people who are not part of an alliance. These are just four people, then five and a mech who are trying to claw back a little bit of territory from the Empire. If you told a story of the American Revolution and it was just five guys in a barn saying they were taking land from the British, that's what this is.

Q: How much will we see of James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan in this new series?

Kinberg: "I don't know if we're allowed to say about these original characters, but more than you see in the trailer!"

So this is the foundations of the rebel alliance, we already know were seeing Lando, so I expect to see more of Obi-wan, as well as Bail and Leia Organa.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2014, 01:50:40 AM »
They should had the guts to un-prequels the prequels. Rebels is going to be a suckfest since they just couldn't have a story without another fucking Jedi and another kid with an energy slingshot, Really? They didn't learn from the last time they had a kid?

The best stories had **** all to do with the force.

They need to do a series on Dash hack fraud Randar.

N64 best Randar
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2014, 02:03:48 AM »
Is Randar the guy from shadows of the empire?

As someone doesn't think the prequels are all that bad (probably since I was 7 when it was released) but Disney as never going to get rid of what's been the driving force for the franchise for the past two decades.

I'm cautious that rebels won't go as deep as clone wars did. While The Clone Wars was still a kids show, I felt it did a good job of potryaling the war both on the front lines and on the political stage with the cspan in space stuff.

On the subject but here's a new trailer for Rebels

We probably won't get material thats in the thirty year gap till next year but i'm hoping one of the comics are in that era.  Maybe a TV series that takes place in that era after VII hits.

My guess is that the first spin-off film is going to be seven samurai adaption featuring Ashoa and Venturess.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2014, 12:26:40 AM »
So we indeed get the announcement of three new Star Wars comic's from Marvel which are apart of the whole everything is equal cannon. None of it is related to the dark horse books which is all legends material with the expction of Darth Maul: Son of Daithmuir. The three books will be launching between January and March

First up announced was the title just called Star Wars being written by Jason Arron with the art being done by John Cassidy (LOL). The series will take place directly after the destruction of the first death star and focus on Luke and Friends facing the empire directly after they receive those nifty medals (to weeks to be exact. This is the title launching in March.

After handing the Empire a massive defeat, the ragtag Rebel Alliance is looking to press their advantage, so they plan a sneak attack in order to not let the moment slip away, according to Aaron.

The first issue opens with the heroes staging a daring raid on an Imperial locale "that of course goes exactly as planned as their plans always do," Aaron quips.

He considers Star Wars a team book of sorts but initially Luke is the engine that powers the narrative.

He's riding a high after being the one in the X-Wing Fighter who took down the Death Star. Still, he's a young guy who's fresh off the Tatooine farm and been thrust in the midst of this a cosmic war. Luke is seeking more info about his father Anakin, but doesn't know yet that he's really the baddest guy around.

"He's got a lot of questions but he can't look at the way things are and know that at some point it's going to come down to him having to face Darth Vader," Aaron explains. "He looks at that and says, 'That's the man who killed my father. He killed Obi-Wan. I've got to be able to stop him,' but he knows he's not ready for that.

"Yeah, he blew up the Death Star but if he doesn't figure something out, he's going to get himself and all his friends killed.

There's also the irony, Aaron adds, that Luke's in hot pursuit to learn more about his father while also running from Darth Vader, who's trying to figure who this kid is that took down their mighty space station. "You've got them chasing after each other without realizing they're chasing each other."

The second book launching in February is titled Star Wars: Vadar also takes place after the death star goes boom and deals with the impact this has with Vadar and with his quest to rearrest himself among the empire, as well his relationship with bounty hunters. The series will be written by Kieron Gillian and drawn by Salvadoor Looca.

Gillen finds the political situation in Star Wars "fundamentally interesting." The Death Star was the Emperor's plan for 20 years and he didn't dissolve the old Galactic Republic until the beginning of Star Wars. "The Republic is in a shell form," the writer says, "and it's only with the threat of the Death Star they feel the will to go full fascist."
With the Death Star gone, the Empire scrambles for what to do next, and Darth Vader is somewhat to blame after a gambit to let the Rebels escape with the Death star plans failed miserably.

There's also a weirdness factor to that whole incident for him, too.

"Why the hell did Obi-Wan Kenobi show up after all these years? And the weird nagging feeling around that fighter pilot, the one who was mysteriously strong in the Force?" Gillen says. "By the time we get to Empire, Vader knows Luke is his son and we never get to see Vader's 'I am your father' beat, the moment when he realizes that his last 20 years have been built on some kind of lie."

One way Vader is trying to reclaim his previous status is by building his own power structure within the Empire, like his own KGB, and bringing in bounty hunters — the scene in Empire Strikes Back where Vader rounds up Boba Fett, Bossk, Dengar, IG-88 and others to go looking for Han Solo was key for Gillen in that respect.

"He really is a micromanager," the writer says of Vader. "It's like, 'Darth, you have bigger things to do than briefing bounty hunters.' And he knows them. He says, 'No disintegrations,' pointed explicitly at a certain member. There is past experience or at least reputation.

"In some ways what I'm doing is a backstory behind that. Darth needs to get stuff done that he can't do explicitly within the Empire. While he's still obeying the Emperor's orders, he's also doing his own thing, in which he needs his own assets."

To do all that, Vader builds his own droids — since pre-teen Anakin Skywalker was really good at that in the movie prequels — plus wrangles bounty hunters as well as smugglers and other members of the underworld.

The last book and the one i'm looking forward to the most is Star War: Princess Leia which is  five issue mini series that with the aftermath of Alderaan being destroyed. Its about her taking her bootstraps and trying rebuild what's left of her Planet and people.  The series will be written by

info from a interview with Mark Waid

Not all of them will roll out the welcome wagon, he adds. "Some of them are very reluctant to be seen because they're terrified this is a trick. Some of them are angry at Leia because they hold the House of Organa responsible for the destruction of Alderaan."

Adding to the obstacles: Before her run-in with the Empire, Leia always held some sway and authority wherever she would go in the galaxy, yet now she's working from a position of abject poverty.

"She's working from quite the disadvantage but she's a very determined, strong young woman," Waid says.

Although she's trying to travel on the downlow, the Empire begins to realize what Leia's up to.

"They take a great interest in where the process is and what they might be able to extract from her and what they might be able to extract from the other Alderaanians she's gathering," says Waid, adding that the series will establish a new arch nemesis for Leia on the Imperial side.

edit:

Del Ray announced the fifth Star Wars Nuverse books which is currently untitled but will star Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos. Its going to be based on a script for the clone wars season 7, but its unclear where in the timeline it takes place in. The book will be releasing summer 2015.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:05:04 AM by shingi_70 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2014, 11:53:40 PM »

Some Clips from Rebel's

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
I'm getting an error on those videos. Is anyone else able to view them? I'll try again later.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2014, 10:20:10 PM »
Nope.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2014, 05:44:34 PM »
I just treat Star Wars like I do Transformers and make up my own canon. Screw Lucas he can't even make up his mind about the actual films and they are supposed to be the law when it comes to canon. I don't trust Disney to be any better. I am excited for the new film but nothing else at this time.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2014, 11:10:01 PM »
George Lucas did make up his mind everything but the films and clone wars was non cannon. Disney wiped everything but that out and now everything is cannon.

The first seven minutes of Star Wars Rebels

« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2014, 12:28:57 PM »
George Lucas did make up his mind everything but the films and clone wars was non cannon. Disney wiped everything but that out and now everything is cannon.

Obviously I was refering to his constantly changing the movies that are supposed to be canon but can't be taken seriously if he keeps changing them hence my comment how he can't make up his mind what is cannon.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2014, 02:01:43 PM »

Obviously I was refering to his constantly changing the movies that are supposed to be canon but can't be taken seriously if he keeps changing them hence my comment how he can't make up his mind what is cannon.

He never changed what was cannon, only the six movies and the 3D clone wars. But he doesn;t have a say anymore and only the Lucas Film story group says what's cannon. which at this point will be

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »
The sound effect being from the OT helps this rebels show a lot for me.

« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2014, 05:42:50 PM »
alright smart ass what is canon then Han shooting Greedo out of cold blood or Han shooting Greedo in self defense? Maybe most of the changes are subtle but he HAS changed the films so how can they be regarded as Canon when he has changed his mind on them. I am not saying he has ever stated the films are not canon I am saying he KEEP CHANGING  the films. Sure NOW Disney is in charge but what is going to stop them from keeping the tradition going or which versions do they consider canon the Theatrical Cuts, the Special Editions, or the DVD cuts, or the Blu Ray cuts, or whatever new fangled SE they release next?

In the original theatrical cut Luke never re-unites with his buddy from Tatooine but he DOES in the Special Editions. That is a change to the canon, because unless you count the books that moment either never happened or it did. Boba Fett dies in Return of the Jedi but wait in the books he is still alive, now he never actually edited the movie to alter Boba Fett dieing but there is nothing stopping them from doing that, not to mention he changed the entire appearance of the Sarlacc which appearance is canon the original or the altered? Do you get what I was saying now?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2014, 08:30:31 PM »
Who cares?  None of your examples matter to the story and are minor details. 

The possibility of editing the films to have Boba Fett escape would be pointless.  No body, no death.  That's the rules.

And if they change the movies, then they change the cannon.  Big whoop.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2014, 09:17:42 PM »
Who cares?  None of your examples matter to the story and are minor details. 

The possibility of editing the films to have Boba Fett escape would be pointless.  No body, no death.  That's the rules.

And if they change the movies, then they change the cannon.  Big whoop.

All I was saying is if Lucas can't even make up his mind what is "final" then why take his word for it? And he doesn't own them anymore but he is still working as a story consultant so he still gets a say. Anyways it doesn't matter that was my original point, the canon is too fucked up anyways I make my own.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:59:16 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »