Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1212159 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2750 on: July 21, 2014, 10:52:46 PM »
Sorry - when I see "DC", I think "Detective Comics".  I don't say it out loud, but it's like if I read "US", I think "United States."

Yeah, that's ridiculous to me.  I see "US", I think "US".  I know what it stands for, but I don't need to un-acronize it every time I see it.  If I un-acronized every word I saw abbreviated in my head, I'd go insane.  I wouldn't be able to function at my job. 

Do you do the same with FIFA?  Because that's French, and I'm wondering if you translate it too.
Do you read Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus too? Or Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: July 21, 2014, 11:00:16 PM »
I think it breaks down to, I can say "Scuba" as a word.  I can say "Fifa" as a word.  I can't say "DC" as a word.  I *could* say "Us" as a word, but that has a totally different meaning.

Regardless, even if you don't sound out "comics", you're still reading "DC" 2-3 times.  Which is silly.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2752 on: July 21, 2014, 11:06:01 PM »
I guess?

I'm not seeing where it becomes annoying though.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: July 21, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »
I don't think I said "annoying".  Silly, yes...

Think if the front of your NES had the Nintendo racetrack logo, then under it, said "Nintendo Entertainment System.  A Nintendo Co. Ltd product."

You wouldn't think that'd be overkill?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2754 on: July 21, 2014, 11:16:56 PM »
Is it different from an iPhone having the Apple logo on the back and then under it "Designed by Apple in California"?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: July 21, 2014, 11:20:21 PM »
There are two issues with that.

A) The Apple logo doesn't say "Apple".  The DC logo is supposed to say "DC".
B) The "Designed by Apple" isn't part of the logo.  The "DC Comics" beneath the "DC" is officially part of the logo.  Official Apple usage of the Apple logo allows for the logo to appear without saying "Apple" under it.  Officially, the DC logo is required to have "DC Comics" (or "DC Entertainment") below it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: July 21, 2014, 11:41:29 PM »
And to clarify, I could actually survive if the logo said "Comics" under it.  Sure, it still has that "Detective Comics Comics" thing, but whatever.

It's the DC DC Comics thing I find the most silly.  Do you (DC, not *you*) think that the logo design *that* bad that you have to spell out what it says for people?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: July 22, 2014, 09:11:57 AM »
I personally like the 1976 and 2005 DC logos in static form but I do like the variants that Shingi posted best.  Those are cool.  Do they have an animation or specific sounds that went with them?

Marvel has the flipping sound to go with it so it feels like a complete package for the media.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2758 on: July 23, 2014, 03:31:43 AM »
Hmm,

UncleBob I think the problem is you remember when DC's brand name actually Meant Detective Comics.

These days DC Comics does not stand for Detective Comics.  It just stands for DC.  Yes, people that know where it originally came from can appreciate the history, but I don't even think DC the company would be like yes our name is Detective Comics, because now they are so much more, and the brand is bigger.

So Now despite the history it is just DC Comics.

Now the Logo still has the Image and writing underneath for re-verification of the brand, and that maybe over kill.  I mean if you can't see what the logo represents perhaps it is a bad logo.  But again, I can understand why they did that, because the logo is abstract.  You can definitely see the D being turned revealing the C and representing the turning of a comic book...but hold on...is it definitely a D?  It could be a B.  or not a letter at all.  For this reason I can see clarification is a good idea for the logo.  Adding DC Comics helps those that don't recognize the logo clearly know what the company is...and that is a good thing.

Finally, you added that DC Comics has to write Comics in the logo?  Why is this for clarity for patient or copyright?  If so then your argument is kinda silly...just like the logo may be. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: July 23, 2014, 05:21:32 AM »
New Movie Clip for GotG (reaching out to those that don't visit the Marvel thread)

LOL

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: July 23, 2014, 08:24:54 AM »
Finally, you added that DC Comics has to write Comics in the logo?  Why is this for clarity for patient or copyright?  If so then your argument is kinda silly...just like the logo may be. 

While patient/copyright laws (or, in this case, I'm guessing it's more of a trademark issue) can be difficult to figure out, I'm inclined to think that's not the case here since every logo since the beginning of DC was able to leave out the "comics" part. :D

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: July 23, 2014, 09:52:38 AM »
I've heard of client-patient confidentiality, but never patient-copyright laws ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: July 23, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »
I've heard of client-patient confidentiality, but never patient-copyright laws ;)

It's a doctor-patent privilege.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: July 23, 2014, 12:22:21 PM »
The extended trailer for Star Wars: Rebels.

It looks good and it really echoes the OT or more importantly a new hope. I'm guessing all the star wars film rumors about Luke are wrong hence why we have a book and a series that's introducing new force wielders. Either that and the rumors are true and we don't see the creation of the NJO until the end of episoide 7.

edit: If were making a DC thread should we do another Star Wars one as well.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: July 23, 2014, 03:19:51 PM »

It's a doctor-patent privilege.
I ream you, you ream me?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: July 23, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »
Colton Hayes in the full Arsenal gear. Look's like thea will probably be going by the name Speedy than.

Its weird that all the casting for Flash/Arrow only makes me think how fucking stupid DCE is for not connecting everything together.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2766 on: July 23, 2014, 04:07:16 PM »

While patient/copyright laws (or, in this case, I'm guessing it's more of a trademark issue) can be difficult to figure out, I'm inclined to think that's not the case here since every logo since the beginning of DC was able to leave out the "comics" part. :D

I think even then "DC" just meant "DC".  The "Comics" part was added since people referred to it that way.  All the other publishers had comics in the name, at least the ones I can think of.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: July 23, 2014, 04:26:45 PM »
The extended trailer for Star Wars: Rebels.

It looks good and it really echoes the OT or more importantly a new hope. I'm guessing all the star wars film rumors about Luke are wrong hence why we have a book and a series that's introducing new force wielders. Either that and the rumors are true and we don't see the creation of the NJO until the end of episoide 7.

edit: If were making a DC thread should we do another Star Wars one as well.

This does look to be a good series. I'll keep an eye out for it. It does have a bit more of that 'tween Disney' feel to it in the dialogue but hopefully that was cherry picked out of numerous episodes to appeal especially to Disney's target demographic.

There already is a Star Wars thread. We'll have to do dig it up. I'll go bump it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: July 23, 2014, 08:19:07 PM »
Sony shifts dates for upcoming ASM sequels and confirms that Myusterio is one of the six previously revealed/teased
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/spider-man-spinoff-sinister-six-dated-for-nov-11-2016-amazing-spider-man-3-back-to-2018-1201267269/

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: July 23, 2014, 09:39:04 PM »
So they're going back to the "Batman can't turn is head" business? Lame (if that's the case).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: July 23, 2014, 09:50:28 PM »
Supposedly they ignored the advice from Christian Bale when he told Affleck that his #1 advice for putting on the suit next was "to make sure it's easy to get in and out of so you can go to the bathroom with ease".

So not only can he not turn his head, but supposedly he needs crew assistance to take a piss/**** while on set in costume.
But hopefully it will all look good on camera.

But what I really want to know is, what is that aluminum foil batman in the background of the previous pic. and what is that green and gold batman behind it in this pic?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 23, 2014, 10:41:04 PM »
Arrow S3 Spoiler

Roy gets a new look for Season 3
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2014/04/29/arrow_602x800.jpg
Roy becomes Arsenal, so it looks like Thea may become the Red Arrow? aka Speedy afterall?she'll learn from her daddy
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:47:02 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2773 on: July 24, 2014, 09:14:07 AM »
That exact picture is posted above.

You're slipping, dude.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: July 24, 2014, 09:56:34 AM »
What's up with the Joker eyebrows on the mask...