Author Topic: Smash Bros Update Confirms Fighter Release Dates, Stage DLC  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Lucas gets upstaged on his release date. Typical.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40434/smash-bros-update-confirms-fighter-release-dates-stage-dlc

The Smash Bros live stream happened today (June 14), and if you missed any of it, we've got the full recap for you.

Here Comes the New Challengers!

The update spent some time going over Lucas, detailing his availability right now. But the big deals were the announcement of returning champion Roy and newcomer Ryu who were previously found in the game data.

Roy and Ryu will be available today, and while Roy will be available for the traditional price of $3.99 / £3.59 / €3.99 for one version and $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 for both, Ryu will come with a stage and retail for $5.99 / £5.39 / €5.99 for one version / $6.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 for both.

Roy is stronger than his Melee counterpart, but retains the ability to do more damage with his sword's base. The Final Smash is the Critical Hit from the Fire Emblem series.

Ryu will join the fight in the style of Street Fighter II, and his six button combat will be recreated based on how long you hold down the attack buttons. Special moves such as the Hadoken will allow for tradtional Street Fighter commands, which will be more powerful - the Shoryuken can potentially one-hit KO if executed properly. Ryu will have two Final Smashes, a Shinku Hadoken normally, and a Shin Shoryuken if right next to an opponent.

Stages

Dream Land 64 has been brought back as a stage, at a cost of $1.99 / £1.79 / €1.99 for each version or $2.99 / £2.69 / €2.99 for both. Smash 64's Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle stages will be coming at a later date.

The Miiverse stage will be fueled by posts cheering on each character from their own Miiverse community, and will be available for free.

Ryu's Suzaku Castle stage will come to the game as well. The right side is more stable, while there are shorter platforms on the left side. The Wii U version will feature remixes of Ryu and Ken's themes

Tourney Mode And More

The tournament mode will release in August, and will include timed community tournaments and single elimination modes.

Uploading replays to YouTube, in the style of Mario Kart TV, will also be coming in a future update and will prevent replays from being lost after game updates. (The Nintendo World Report Smash tournament committee has taken note of this development.)

Mii Fighter Costumes

Wave 2 of the Smash Mii costumes includes Mega Man Battle Network/X costumes (MegaMan.Exe and Zero), Isabelle from Animal Crossing as a gunner, the Splatoon Inkling Boy / Girl, a Squid Hat, Jacky and Akira from the Virtua Fighter series and Heihachi from Tekken. Splatoon trophies have also been added to the game.

All costumes will be $0.75 / £0.69 / €0.79 for one version or $1.15 / £1.09 / €1.19 starting today.

UPDATE: North America and Europe have a bundle for all content announced today (three fighters, two stages, all of the Mii outfits). A single version's pack will cost US$21.96 / C$27.88 / £19.88 / €22,28, while you can get both versions together for US$29.16 / C$37.08 / £26.68 / €29,48.

Mii Amiibo Announced: Wave 6 Confirmed

ROB, Duck Hunt, Game and Watch, Falco and the Mii Fighters will release in September for North America along with Ganon, Zero Suit Samus, Dr. Mario, and Olimar. Eventually, all Smash Bros characters will have Amiibo including the DLC characters.

The ROB Amiibo for North America / Europe will be different than the one for Japan; the NA/EU one will be modeled in NES colors while Japan's will be modeled in Famicom colors. All versions of the Game and Watch Amiibo will come with different numbers to replicate his attacks.

If you missed it, the video is available here:

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Smash Bros Update Confirms Fighter Release Dates, Stage DLC
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
Can anyone confirm how stages work? Sounds as if they are offline only which would be a huge missed opportunity.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 11:24:17 AM »
All stages are currently offline only because the servers are down.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 11:38:29 AM »
I'll say it once, and say it again- the best announcement of this video was that stellar Game as Watch Amiibo!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 11:54:20 AM »
I am willing to pay irresponsible amounts of money for that dog.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 12:11:09 PM »
Game and Watch, R.O.B, and Zero Suit Samus. I really hate amiibo (and my lack of self-control).
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 12:56:56 PM »
Oh my god now I want that Mr. Game and Watch amiibo.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 02:26:43 PM »
Microtransaction avalanche in full! I guess we should've saw it coming?

I hope the online multiplayer access to the premium stages aren't messed up.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 04:42:44 PM »
Any word of a DLC bundle or "season pass" for all of the DLC. I always preferred to buy it all in one go rather than piecemeal.

September will be a painful amiibo month what with wave 5b and 6 releasing.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »
All of today's stuff can be bought at once, but it's not going to extend to further updates.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »
I GOT RYU RIGHT!!!
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 09:04:01 PM »
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 09:35:29 PM »
Do games to DLC season passes even when there's no announcement about how much DLC there will be?  I'm thinking that's why there isn't one here.  That or Nintendo isn't really sure how much there'll be.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 10:23:50 PM »
2 Characters, 2 stages and some skins are $30? That just doesn't seem to be worth half the price of the entire game.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 10:47:55 PM »
2 Characters, 2 stages and some skins are $30? That just doesn't seem to be worth half the price of the entire game.

The 3 characters and 2 stages will run you $15. There's no need to spend the rest on outfits...
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 11:56:03 PM »

The 3 characters and 2 stages will run you $15. There's no need to spend the rest on outfits...

I paid about $12-$13 IIRC. It's not bad, though it's a good thing the Miiverse stage is free since it's pretty worthless.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 12:02:20 AM »
I paid $20 because I got the three characters and Dreamland 64 for both Wii U and 3DS. I just want to be prepared.

The Miiverse stage is meh because it's just Battlefield with different music and people's mostly awful art in the background. I'm waiting for the truly decent artist to get in there and post nice drawings. It would have been nice to switch it up by having the platforms move or something.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 12:05:58 AM »
Do games to DLC season passes even when there's no announcement about how much DLC there will be?  I'm thinking that's why there isn't one here.  That or Nintendo isn't really sure how much there'll be.

Probably has more to do with Nintendo knows how dedicated the Smash Bros fanbase is and can get away with charging higher prices for individual characters and stages like they are.  This is the kind of game a Season Pass wouldn't really help much since the people who want these characters and stages are going to buy them no matter what.  Nintendo figures the few put off my the lack of a Season Pass will easily be offset by everyone else going "OMG Roy and Ryu, holy **** its Dream Land 64, take all my money now".
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 12:07:33 AM »

Probably has more to do with Nintendo knows how dedicated the Smash Bros fanbase is and can get away with charging higher prices for individual characters and stages like they are.  This is the kind of game a Season Pass wouldn't really help much since the people who want these characters and stages are going to buy them no matter what.  Nintendo figures the few put off my the lack of a Season Pass will easily be offset by everyone else going "OMG Roy and Ryu, holy **** its Dream Land 64, take all my money now".

Honestly, I really want Nintendo to finally remake the Saffron City stage from Smash 64 and just shut up and take my money. They're already doing the Zelda stage from the game, which is really the only other N64 stage I was missing.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 11:58:18 PM »
The Mario stage from that game is decent with the unique warp pipe mechanic.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 11:59:33 PM »
I like ike, but roy is so much better it just sucks that he looks like a team flare grunt...
Made you look ****.