Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. 2, Wii U Launch Games Coming to eShop and Retail  (Read 8302 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2, Wii U Launch Games Coming to eShop and Retail
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »
Slow clap.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 02:03:40 AM »
When I was in 10th grade, I was visiting a friend in their high school shop class (my teacher let me leave early). I left my bookbag alone for like 3 minutes, but someone stole my GBA SP along with several GBC and GBA games like (like Pokemon Ruby, WarioWare, Inc., and I think my copy of Pokemon Crystal that had over 600 hours logged on it).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 02:05:28 AM »
So, I guess this means the Wii U will either have a hard drive or fairly large solid state storage.

Who am I kidding? CLEAN OUT YO FRIDGE 2: Digital Bugaloo

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 02:06:21 AM »
Well, considering it will probably be mostly flash storage...invest in a really nice SD card?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 02:09:47 AM »
Well, considering it will probably be mostly flash storage...invest in a really nice SD card?

I doubt Nintendo would go the route of SD card storage only, especially with this digital service. At the bare minimum I'd think the Wii U could support some sort of HDD, even if the "out of box" hardware happens to be flash. But then again, it is Nintendo, so who knows.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 02:12:11 AM »
At the very least, have 16 GB of flash memory, with ability to expand that by allowing USB external HDD and SD slot(s). That would be the most ideal in my book.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 02:20:07 AM »
At the very least, have 16 GB of flash memory, with ability to expand that by allowing USB external HDD and SD slot(s). That would be the most ideal in my book.

16GB sounds fair out of the box since I'd think at the bare minimum they would have enough memory for a couple average sized retail games. I just hope they don't pull a Microsoft if they go with HDDs, and instead go the Sony route of allowing standard HDDs.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 02:28:18 AM »
Doesn't Microsoft force you to by their brand of HDD's at a premium? I know that Sony allows you to install your own and even comes with instructions on how to do so.

Offline Nintendofanboii

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/xdarkflame64x
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 02:35:26 AM »
I wish they would give you a digital copy for buying the physical media.
Hey Nintendo fans! make sure to check mii out on facebook and youtube for awesome videos, and updates, and rare collections!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 02:38:08 AM »
It was announced at last year's E3 that the system will support USB hard drives.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 02:40:25 AM »
If the Wii U does support internal HDD then Nintendo will not provide the hard drive itself. They will simply tell the consumer what HDD it uses (2.5 SATA) and expect us to provide it for ourselves since there are so many on the market to buy cheaply.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 02:43:57 AM »
The memory will be easy to change with a regular HDD and people will have enough space for all of those digital downloads they want...  That could work.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline C-Olimar

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 03:13:51 AM »
Mario games tend to stay pretty expensive, so this would definitely be worth a download. Some other games would be worth getting at retail, however, as they can go down in price, whilst the eShop can't/won't.

Also, I'm so glad I don't need to purchase propietry memory cards like it's 2001. I got a 16GB SD card from Amazon for £9.99. 4GB Vita cards were £10.45 last time I checked. Disgraceful.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 06:47:31 AM »
Doesn't Microsoft force you to by their brand of HDD's at a premium? I know that Sony allows you to install your own and even comes with instructions on how to do so.
I remember reading that the original 360's HDD is pretty much just a standard HDD within that large shell over it and that you can take it apart and put your own in there but it needs to be in the shell because the port is proprietary. Don't take my word for it because I can't support the validity of that claim. However, I know for sure that the slim 360 uses a regular HDD housed in a plastic shell but you can just plug a regular HDD in there without the shell since it uses standard SATA (unless you insist on removing the shell and putting it on the new HDD yourself so it looks nice). You just have to format the HDD first.

My guess is that if Nintendo supports regular HDDs in addition to USB HDDs, they go with a similar method as the slim 360. They'll sell their own overpriced HDDs but you can buy your own and you'll just have to format it and all that yourself.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:50:24 AM by Adrock »