Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Playing SMB3 for 1st time and kinda hating it

(1/6) > >>

azeke:
I can deal with Lost Levels and Super Meat Boy just fine. I'm okay at platforming, i guess. But this game...

SMB3 just loves to throw at least five enemies at the same time and it just breaks me. Earlier this night i played underwater level and at one time there were two small green fishes, one big red fish, two jellyfishes each one with four small jellyfishbabies -- all coming to get me. Oh and the level autoscrolled too. It was more closer to horizontal shmup on twitch difficulty than Mario game.

I appreciate how it originated so many things for the series and how imaginative every single level is. But i am not really having fun. Even the controls feel weird to me -- it's like i'm on ice at all times and all jumps feel too high (sounds stupid i know, but that's how i feel).

Also half of the things in game just don't make sense to me, level design wise. Like why some levels end with a black screen and others have additional hills? Lots of levels have areas that are just there. There is nothing in it. Some levels i blast through within 20 seconds and some are too hard for me.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong. Maybe it's DS Lite (i'm playing GBA version) and i should play it on a big screen.

Some levels i couldn't even understand where am i supposed to go. I went everywhere and i can't find an exit. Previous levels where i had that i just skipped, but now it's a castle (on world 7) and i have to beat it somehow to advance through the map.

Yoshi's Island had similar levels with keys and doors, but there it was laid out more clear. Here i just don't get it.

TLDR: i am stuck at first castle in world 7, pls halp.

Pixelated Pixies:

I've got nothing, man. I feel sorry for you.

It's up there with Super Metroid and Chrono Trigger as one of the best games ever made.

azeke:

--- Quote from: Pixelated Pixies on February 07, 2013, 04:08:57 PM ---I've got nothing, man.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for your nothing )

Pixelated Pixies:

--- Quote from: azeke on February 07, 2013, 04:11:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pixelated Pixies on February 07, 2013, 04:08:57 PM ---I've got nothing, man.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for your nothing )

--- End quote ---

lol

I'd love to be able to contribute more, but I'm kind of speechless.
SMB3 was the first game I ever played. I was 4. It was, and remains, amazing. Without a doubt the best Mario game ever made.

I respect your opinion, I just don't understand it. Ha.

noname2200:
I never thought this comment would, or could, ever be made...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version