Author Topic: EA is going to bring "one of their bigger games" to the Switch.  (Read 8519 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: EA is going to bring "one of their bigger games" to the Switch.
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2016, 02:26:58 PM »
I really like the adventure aspect of Beetle Adventure Racing. Finding new routes and hidden secrets! So much fun! :D
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 05:42:42 PM »
BAR was one of my favorite rentals.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 05:18:27 PM »
I'm assuming it'll be one of their sports games or something, but Mass Effect: Andromeda would be really cool. I've never played a game in the series and if it ends up being a launch title, I'd likely pick it up (especially in light of other open world game related news in the past 24 hours).

I think you might be disappointed by Mass Effect then. It is not an open world game. It is a fairly linear sci-fi action RPG that features some decision making but it is a very strict story that you can't deviate from much, it's not what I think of when people say open-world. You're thinking of Watch Dogs, GTA, right? Those are entirely different experiences or maybe I am confusing the terms people keep changing what they call games so I am not hip to the modern slang.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 01:48:52 AM »
I'm assuming it'll be one of their sports games or something, but Mass Effect: Andromeda would be really cool. I've never played a game in the series and if it ends up being a launch title, I'd likely pick it up (especially in light of other open world game related news in the past 24 hours).

I think you might be disappointed by Mass Effect then. It is not an open world game. It is a fairly linear sci-fi action RPG that features some decision making but it is a very strict story that you can't deviate from much, it's not what I think of when people say open-world. You're thinking of Watch Dogs, GTA, right? Those are entirely different experiences or maybe I am confusing the terms people keep changing what they call games so I am not hip to the modern slang.

best description of why I didn't like Mass Effect. I was playing it and I was thinking "this **** was hyped?"
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 02:34:40 AM »

I know the first three Mass Effect games don't have an open world, but Mass Effect: Andromeda is being billed as an open world game. I haven't been following the game's development and pre-release coverage super closely, so I'm not sure if there are signs pointing to the contrary, but based on the few things I have read that's one of the big changes they're pushing with this game.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2016, 09:39:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure Mass Effect Andromeda has at least one more delay on it, specially after EA said it would be willing to delay it again if needed.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 10:40:37 AM »

I know the first three Mass Effect games don't have an open world, but Mass Effect: Andromeda is being billed as an open world game. I haven't been following the game's development and pre-release coverage super closely, so I'm not sure if there are signs pointing to the contrary, but based on the few things I have read that's one of the big changes they're pushing with this game.

See well I didn't know that. I haven't been following it at all. In fact I didn't even know it existed.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 06:47:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure Mass Effect Andromeda has at least one more delay on it, specially after EA said it would be willing to delay it again if needed.

How about November, for the 10th anniversary?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.