Author Topic: Wii Value Line Box Art Revealed  (Read 11452 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Value Line Box Art Revealed
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »
 I guess having Wiisports as stand alone works if they broke the disk and need replacement .

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
Have they ever sold Wii Sports on its own in the US?
There was a Wii Sports "replacement disc" available for purchase through Nintendo's online store, but I don't know if that counts. I believe it was $25 plus shipping and all you got was a disc, not even the cardboard sleeve and manual.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Zack and Wiki
Boom Blox
Goldeneye

I agree with those picks.  Maybe get Sega in there as well with House of the Dead: Overkill and Madworld, as well as Capcom with Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles.
Aren't these games still being produced? Well, except Boom Blox, but it's been replaced by its similar but improved sequel. I've seen them all at various stores, and they are all less than $20 new. The only thing that would change by adding them to the budget line is ugly packaging.

Offline dack25

• I NEED TO READ THE AVATAR RULES PROBABLY
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »
Seeing this budget lineup come out now when the Wii is close to the end of its lifecycle is reminds me why I don't buy Wii games. Games that came out last year like God of War III and Heavy Rain were put on the discount line earlier this year but a launch title like Zelda is just finally getting an official discount? 

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 10:35:55 PM »
Got linked to this story from Gamespot. Well, much after the story popped up in the NWR RSS feed.

What titles do you have in mind?

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Zack and Wiki
Boom Blox
Goldeneye

Mm. Silent Hill and Boom Blox are $20 on Amazon. Zack and Wiki and Goldeneye would be nice to have. Looking at my wish list, it looks like most of the games I want are already at $20 or lower. Ah! It would be nice if Endless Ocean: Blue World became a Nintendo Selects title. A pipe dream for me would be the Metroid Prime Collection, but that was a truly limited edition release. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will be nice.

Seeing this budget lineup come out now when the Wii is close to the end of its lifecycle is reminds me why I don't buy Wii games. Games that came out last year like God of War III and Heavy Rain were put on the discount line earlier this year but a launch title like Zelda is just finally getting an official discount? 

Nintendo doesn't like to discount things :p
Much like Activision with Call of Duty games.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:37:34 PM by Enner »

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 11:18:15 PM »
I sure hope more titles will be added like Punch Out!  ;D

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 02:04:14 AM »
If the price is at $20 for these titles, then I think it'll be acceptable.  If it is the same as PS3's discount rate of $30, then it would be too much, as that is how much most of these games are going for used on EBAY (just a quick search, didn't look for lowest deal). 

Anything that forces prices to lower on some of these games for retail AND 2nd hand sales are good things, and maybe this discount price will make me consider purchasing games that I would refuse to pay over $20 for.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 01:24:55 PM »
I saw these out in the wild.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:40:40 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 01:28:37 PM »
I saw these out in the while.  Nintendo Select.
This album might not be shared with you
It appears that you don’t have permission to access SkyDrive camera roll. You might be trying to access it with a different account or might need to ask the album’s owner for permission to access it.

But I imagine it's the Nintendo Selects sitting on the shelf in the store. I saw them @ Target the other day when I was there.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 01:31:18 PM »
Its fixed.  I just used their direct img tag for the img on the site instead of the share link.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 01:34:48 PM »
I think you used the wrong share link.

Check your PM's

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 02:14:38 PM »
Hmm...I might need to try Twilight Princess now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 02:17:37 PM »
I actually like Targets new display cases BTW. It lets you hold the game, look at the back cover and you can also see how many they have left in stock. I thought that was pretty nice.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 02:25:18 PM »
I actually like Targets new display cases BTW. It lets you hold the game, look at the back cover and you can also see how many they have left in stock. I thought that was pretty nice.
I really like them too.  I like being able to look at the back of the box, I don't have to worry about it falling off the shelf when I put it back, and they all line up nicely.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 02:46:34 PM »
I really like them too.  I like being able to look at the back of the box, I don't have to worry about it falling off the shelf when I put it back, and they all line up nicely.

The fact that they are tethered to the case is also a nice touch. Now kids and lazy people won't just put a game back in the wrong row leading others to believe that it is out of stock since it was hidden in the back of the wrong row or that there was actually more of them than you thought since it was in front of the wrong row and now looks like it has 2 rows.